New-Du: Lunch (Part 2)

You Are Not Alone

"Nia."

"Hello~?"

"Nia~."

"Nia Twyla-Odette Lee."

I quickly snapped out of my distressed trance and looked over to my right to see them all staring at me, as they sat. Even Baekhyun.

"H-Huh?"

"See? What did I say?", Kris said to Jongin

"You've said a lot of things.", he barked back quickly

Kris gave him a quick raise of his eyebrow, before turning his attention to me.

"What are you cussing about?", Kris asked.

My eyes widened.

I did WHAT?!

I quickly covered my mouth, gasping softly.

"I-I...I cussed?!", I asked tapping on my chest, in shock.

They nodded.

"Omo. Omo. I-I'm sorry. I'm usually not like that...hehe..he..", I responded embarrassingly.

Kyungsoo reassured me, then asked me a question

"We all do it. It's fine. But, are you fine?"

I looked back at the letter.

The red stamp looked like it was pressed with much force and precision.

"Umm~...I. I think"

In contrast, was the gracefully wrapped lunch box. The cloth was silk. The color was a deeply warm lavender, accented with blue butterflies. There were no visible creases in it. It was prepared, packed, and delivered with care.

"..so?"

"You think so?", Jongdae repeated back to me.

I turned to him nodding with a confused yet cautious look on my face.

"Yeah.."

I looked back at it once more.

"Yeah...?"

I began to move towards my seat once again. Placing the box onto the desk, and pulled out the chair. I returned into a slightly cooled seat. I eyed the envelope as I made my way down. I then looked over the edge of the paper, nodding at them, doing my best to hold down any anxiety from spilling out of my body. I looked at it

"Do you know who it's from?", Jongin asked.

I brought my eyes to a close and let out a heavy sigh. Just thinking about him melting the wax, triggered the stove to tick again.

"Barely..", I said quietly.

F***. I am so ing dead. I'm glad he's giving me a warning, but I don't want to read this. I don't want to open it. I don't want to hold it. F***. F***. F***.

"Is it-"

"Mhm."

I opened my eyes and looked at it once more. In more of a squinty furious way, trying to hype me up to open the envelope. 

Come on. Open it. Just open it. The faster this gets done, the more painless it'll be. Yeah. Yeah, yeah!

"What are you guys talking about?", Luhan asked sitting clueless like the others.

The corners of my lips quickly curled downward, as I let my self-doubt sink in.

No. No, no, no. Keep it closed. Keep it f***ing closed!

"Nothing."

I let out a soft groan, letting my head drop down to my table.

BONK!

I had slammed the bridge of my nose onto the edge of what sounded like hollow wood. It was my lunch box. 

The choir of boys sounded off with various reactions at the sound. Some questioning if I were okay. Others feeling the pain themselves.

The pain was instant. I had knocked out my sense of smell. I yanked my head back up, throwing myself back into my seat. My whining sounded like a newborn pup. 

"Ssss... That's gonna leave a mark.", Chanyeol mumbled cringing at the incident.

"What did you hit?", Minseok asked a bit worried.

"My nose..", I groaned quietly.

"I'm going to see if there's any ice in the fridge.", Lay said before walking past, me towards the kitchenette.

Jongin asked to examine my bruise like the sweet guy he is.

"Let me-

I reached my arm up to pinch my nose.

RIIIIP!

Everything and everyone went silent at the sound. It came from my arm.

I KNOW I didn't just... 

I had yet to even pinch my nose. It was only a centimeter away. Not lowering my arm, I opened my eyes, greeting the ceiling. I slowly panned down past their awkward gazes, to the right side of my body. The blazer had ripped on the seam of my armpit and all the way down, to the bottom of the blazer. It sat open like a pair of curtains. I brought my eyes to a graceful, yet defeated close, as I lowered my arm. I reclined back into my seat and began to tap my finger onto the table, to the beat of my internal ticking. 

What is this day...? What the actual F*** is this day?! I get lifted by my collar in front of EVERYONE at school.

"We can get that fixed.", Suho said in a careful, reassuring tone.

Have been called a liar by the headmaster, when I WASN'T, with no form of evidence TO GO OFF OF.

"What do you mean we? Which one of us knows how to sew?", Sehun quickly corrected him

I missed most of my classes on the FIRST DAY.

"We'll try to do something about it. We can't let her walk around with that on.", Tao checked him.

I have been racial talked down to MULTIPLE TIMES by MULTIPLE PEOPLE, one of which happened to be HYUN-A.

CRASH!

The sound came behind me, towards the kitchenette.

"Sorry~! Had to break the ice!", Lay yelped.

Tao shouted back, "Be careful~"

The loud noise triggered me even more. My taps became more intense with the ticks.

Minseok tried sweetly to guru me into serenity.

"Nia~ You are fine, just like you said, you were. Just take some deep breaths. In and out. In and Out."

Out of all the people in this world, and in this BIG A** SCHOOL.

"Do you want me to open your letter for you?", Jong-in asked softly, not to further entice my emotionless frustration.

But, hey. The pot has been sweetened a bit. I'm all buddy-buddy with a bunch of idols and an actress. HIP HIP HOORAY~!

"Don't.", Luhan warned him.

"I'm just trying to help her out.", Jong-in tried to justify his proposal.

"We all want to help. Just take his advice.", Kyungsoo said, agreeing with Luhan.

I just had to go be a klutz and RIP MY BLAZER from my ARMPIT down to my A**CRACK in front of all these..freaking boys!

"If you see a popsicle, toss it over.", Sehun said loud enough for him to hear from the other side of the office.

"Me too!", Chanyeol shouted

WHACK! WHACK!

Tip. Tap.

The hit sounded too powerful to be Tao's. It had to have been Jongdae.

Tip. Tap.

"You're gonna give me a concussion if you hitting me like that!", Chanyeol yelped out in pain.

Tip. Tap.

I huffed.

Oh, yeah. Totally forgot about my full-on CONCUSSION. What a wonderful day~ What a wonderful day, indeed...

"Ice."

Without breaking away from the beat or headspace, I held out my hand. I felt the thin plastic baggie filled with hard clumps of ice go fill my palm. I grasped it onto my nose, without saying thank you. He waited for it for a second, but then went off.

"Does she have one?", a dummy-sounding Sehun whispered across the table.

"She didn't say.", Jong-in responded.

The taps became a bit aggressive.

"I'd take that as a yes, so I'd watch what you say.", Suho warned.

Clink. Clank.

"Alright! What did I miss? Oooo what's that~? OMO!"

Great! Just~ GREAT! 

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

"What happened to your jacket?!", Yoo Jung asked in a very shocked tone.

Now, we've got the whole crew! Snow White and her 12 Dwarfs!

"Could you all just shut up for a second?"

The voice sounded unfamiliar, but vaguely it did. 

"What did you just say?", Kris asked in a moody tone.

"He said shut up.", Luhan said in agreement.

Kris gawked at Luhan.

"You too?"

Jongdae then hopped in.

"Yah, Baekhyun. I get that you're not feeling well, but you don't need to be rude."

"You guys are the ones who are being rude."

Minseok huffed heavily in disbelief and responded.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Do you know how much she's had to deal with, in the past few hours?"

My finger stopped before hitting the table once more. The stove was finally cut off.

"It's her first day here. Instead of getting ready for her next class, she's in the Infirmary, with a concussion. She has been surrounded by a bunch of people, who she's probably only seen on a screen or heard on the radio. People have called her things to her face that no one should have to hear. I don't think this is what she had in mind and I don't think she was prepared for this either. She is overwhelmed. We have overwhelmed her. You all are doing nothing but overwhelm her, right now. You want to help her out so badly? Just shut up. It'll do me a favor too."

Thank you... 

I wanted to cry. I wanted to emote. I wanted to express the relief, he had blessed me with. But I couldn't do it. It was like my eyes didn't have the ability to release any tears. It was non-existent. It was probably for the best. It would have been an ugly cry.

The room fell silent, then Yoo Jung had gone back to her seat. I sat quietly, thinking about my next move.

I know they're watching me. I know they are waiting. I don't want to speak to them so soon. I don't have to, but it would be appropriate if I did. No..No, I have options. I can just get up and go to the bathroom again. But what is that supposed to do? I don't need to run away from them. I could just leave. They told me I could leave. But I probably should wait for Nurse Yoo to come back first. I can't leave without a chaperone too. I still have this stuff...

I removed the freezing bag and opened my eyes. The lights above seemed brighter than usual. I sat up in my seat, and brought my head back down, looking only at the envelope. Pinning my arms up on the desk, I folded my hands and rest them against my mouth.

I looked at Jongin,

1.

Yoo Jung,

2.

Minseok,

3.

Kris,

4.

Baekhyun,

5.

Suho,

6.

Luhan, 

7.

Lay,

8.

Jongdae,

9.

Chanyeol, 

10.

Sehun,

11.

Tao,

12.

Kyungsoo, 

13.

Then down at the envelope.

14.

I picked it up. Gripping onto the stamp, I pulled upward, ripping it open.

There was a greeting card inside. I turned my head to the side examining it.

"What is it?", Yoo Jung asked

"Shh.", Baekhyun silenced her.

"Sorry."

I turned my head back, upright, and tilted the envelope on its side.

The card was white and had one word on it, in rainbow lettering.

Congratulations?

Opening it I was immediately greeted by a long quill written message, on the left side. 

Oh, God~...

I looked to the right to see a standard factory print quote. Below it was a small envelope, the size of a card. There was a little note written under it.

I sighed softly, before moving back to the message. 

To my dearest niece,                                                                                                              I'm so proud of you.                   

EH?!

You are the most gifted young lady I have ever met, and I am very glad to have you in my life. Who was I to keep you and your talents from other like-minded people? You've been accepted by one of the most prestigious art academies in the country, on a full-ride scholarship. Your mother and father are smiling down at you, I know. I take it that you've been strongwilled while at school, yes? Of course, you are. You have been for a long time. I am well aware of what you have done, to get to where you are now. Sooner or later, something like this was bound to happen. As I said before, I couldn't keep you all to yourself. You are getting older. You wish to mature and have the simple normalities in life while living the extraordinary. I understand, but your actions will not go unpunished. We will discuss that later. In the meantime, we shall celebrate! Enjoy your lunch. I'll see you when I pick you up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sincerely, Uncle Joon

I kept reading over it, making sure I was reading what I was actually reading.

Clink!

Oh god. Oh god. Okay. It-It isn't that bad. 

Cling!

Okay. Okay~! It's okay. I'm okay. Everything is good.

 "We're bac- WHAT THE!"

Click! Clack! Click! Clack! Click! Clack!

"There is water EVERYWHERE."

Mr. Z sighed heavily. "I just got done mopping."

"Who did this?!"

"It was me. I'm sorry."

He's proud. He's excited. He's crying tears of joy. He's happy for me. 

Mr. Z his teeth in disappointment, then spoke in mandarin.

"I would expect this from Chanyeol, but not from you."

But what is going to happen to me after that's over? 

"What did he say about me?"

"I'll clean it up.", Lay confidently told Nurse Yoo, who quickly shot him down with quickness.

"LIKE HELL YOU WILL! Get over here and take care of this. NOW please!"

"Yes, Ma'am~"

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

"Mops in the corner.", Mr. Z sighed out.

Lord.

"What were you doing?!"

Buddha.

"I was getting her some ice."

Whoever may be up there,

"I already gave her an ice pack. What does she need mo-

or whoever people pray to.

Click! Clack! 

PLEASE have mercy on my soul.

Click! Clack!

Oh god, he's picking me up!

Click! Clack!

What is he gonna be in? God, don't let it be flashy~...

"What happened to you?"

I turned to her.

Her eyes widen, as she loudly gasped. She quickly ran over to her cart, as she began to chew them out from a distance.

"You punks! So, this is why you came in here for, huh?! "

Tip. Tap.

"Huh?", Sehun said confused.

"Oh Sehun, you can forget about that deal! Who did this? Someone better speak up!"

Tip. Tap.

They all got quiet. Most likely from confusion. I was equally confused as they were.

Tip. Tap.

"I SAID who did this?!"

Mr. Z came up beside me but speaking in her direction.

"What are you yelling at them about no-

He froze looking at me.

"Oh, boy~...

He squatted down, examining my face.

"You can't catch a break, can you?"

"Catch a break? What do you mean?"

"You're pouring like a faucet."

I touched my bump.

He shook his head.

No way.

I pressed the tip of my finger against the entrance of my right nostril. It was wet. There was a small trail of something leaking down my face. I looked down to see blood on my shirt.  I panicky fanned my arms around, looking at the liquidy collection on my shirt. Everyone else gasped, once I removed the card that shielded my face.

"Oh ~..", Kris casually blurted out.

"Language.", Mr. Z checked him.

O-O-O-OMO! Yah...YAH! YAH! That-That's a lot of blood. That is A LOT of blood! OH MY GOD I'M GONNA BLEED OUT AND DIE, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!

"Relax. Just keep your head up."

"T-T-Thanks?"

He sighed at my response.

"Not like that."

The base of his stick met the edge of my chin. He lifted my head. I immediately began to cough, as the once flowing blood was quickly rushed back into my throat. He placed the baggie onto the bridge of my nose. He then grabbed my hand and placed it on top of the bag, securing it.

He removed the stick and grunted as if he was standing back up.

"What happened?", he flatly asked.

The sound of loudly squeaking wheels and quick steps came to a halt next to me.

"Isn't it obvious?!"

She popped the plastic of her gloves.

"They had a little FIGHT in here."

"We absolutely did not.", Suho said.

Yoo Jung pleaded her innocence

"Nurse Yoo, I would never~ get into a fight. EVER."

She swiftly came into my view. 

"Lift the bag up for me."

I did so.

"I'm going to give it a slight pinch to see if it's broken."

"Bwokin?", I said sounding very congested, speaking only out my mouth.

nod.

"Hopefully, it isn't."

She began to slowly and carefully pinch it.

She looked over at her. All I could see was the underside of her head.

I haven't seen someone from this angle in a long time.

"Yoo Jung, that's what boyfriends and husbands are for." 

She leaned her head out a bit more and teasingly whispered. 

"They do the dirty work for us."

"We aren't dating!"

Minseok sighed quietly.

Mr. Z fed up whistled loudly.

"Cut it out. You are a school nurse, who's teasing a student about her dating life, in front of other students."

"Mr. Z, we aren't-

"I heard already. Now, who wants to start?"

Just get it out the way.

I slowly raised my hand all the way up. Nurse Yoo stopped and looked over at my hand.

"Alright. What happened, Ms. Lee?"

When I opened my mouth to speak, I was quickly cut off by Nurse Yoo.

"Don't speak too much. You might choke on your blood."

I closed my eyes bracing myself for the sacrifice of my dignity, in the form of mime. I lowered my arm and tapped on my chest.

Tap! Tap!

"You.", she said.

I curled my fist and hit it on the desk.

Bang!

"Hit.", Mr. Z said.

Pointed at my nose.

"You did this to yourself?", Nurse Yoo asked in shock.

I smiled flashing my teeth. She looked over in the directions of the others

"I would like to take this moment to apologize to you all."

Just as bad as the headmaster.

"Hehehe... Mr. Oh, is that deal still available~?"

"Hull~.", he yelled back, tired from her wild accusations.

"What did you hit it on?", Mr. Z asked.

I curled my pointer finger and knocked onto my lunch box.

Knock. Knock. Knock. 

She looked over at it.

"What is that?", she asked.

"Her lunch.", Kyungsoo answered.

"Can someone unwrap it for me?"

"Nwoh.", I gasped out.

Nurse Yoo looked down at me, as she began to pinch on my nose again.

"Sorry. I should have asked first. I need to see what you hit your nose on."

I scrunched up my face a bit, trying not to hurt my nose more. I was a bit apprehensive, not knowing what's inside.

"Please."

"Hwotay."

"Mr. Z."

I saw his shoulder out of the corner of my eye, as he fiddled with it.

Luhan spoke up after a few seconds of silence, in mandarin.

"Is...Is that a-"

"Yes. I've never seen one like this before though. Doesn't look cheap."

Nurse Yoo squinted over at it.

"What is it?"

"It's a bamboo steamer."

Covering my mouth, I let out an excited gasp. My mouth stretched from ear to ear, leaving an open smile on my face.

I excitedly tapped on the desk reaching for it. I hit a towering hardwood box. With two secure taps with both of my hands, identifying it as the lunch box. I carefully dragged it over. Tapping on the top, I found the handle and slightly cracked the lid open, I saw a tail of steam shoot up. 

"Wah~..Ish shill wharm."

I carefully slid my hand. The tips of my fingers were met with a soft fluffy dough. I knew exactly what it was, and it had me giggling like a schoolgirl. Well, I am one. So, it's pretty accurate.

"What is it?", Luhan asked.

I swallowed down in hunger and excitement, clearing my throat.

I squealed out, "Char Siu Bao~.."

I pulled it out and into my view. 

"That looks so good...", Lay groaned in envy, out in mandarin.

"No. It looks beautiful.", I said smiling hard, back in the same language.

I serenaded it in its mother tongue of Cantonese.

"My dear old friend. Oh, how much I've missed you. You haven't changed a bit."

"You really are a Hong Kong Kid.", Mr. Z said in a smirky manner.

I nodded slightly. Breaking it open a bit, I pulled it up to my nose. Trying to what in its scent with whatever sense of smell I had left.

"Ni-ah.", Nurse Yoo cooed.

I looked at her.

"Your nostrils are filled with blood, my dear. I don't think you'll be able to smell it right now.", she ended with a motherly smile.

I chuckled in an embarrassed tone, as I brought it to my mouth. 

"Wider.", Kris blurted out.

Oh my god... He really wants to see me choke today... OH MY GOD! NOT LIKE THAT!

"W-W-What?"

"Open up wider, so you can get a bigger bite."

"O-Oh. Yeah. Hehe."

I opened my mouth more, still a bit shy after his remark. Ripping a big chunk out of the soft fluffy pillow stuffed with sweet pork.

"That was a good bite. Ugh. I'm hungry again.", Kyungsoo mumbled.

"You were the first to finish your lunch.", Jongdae reminded him, still shocked at his unfulfilled appetite.

"And?", he responded.

I let out an innocent moan of glee as I chewed on it.

I wanted this. I needed this. I deserved this.

"Uh-huh~.", I said nodding.

"Uh-oh."

My eyes shot back open. I looked at Nurse Yoo, who had a nervous smile.

"Uh-oh? W-Wh-What's wrong with my nose?"

"Your nose is okay. It isn't broken."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Just gotta pop your cartilage into place"

"Pop my WHAT into place?! Y-Y-You said it wasn't broken!"

"Don't worry~ Don't worry~ It's just a tiny bit of dislodging I have to do. Nothing extreme about it. It'll still be small and cute, like a button."

So, it really does look like a button?

"Is-Is-Is...Is it gonna hu-hurt?"

She smiled at me. "Just~ a little. But we're gonna brace it, ice it, and pop another painkiller."

Brace?!

I loudly swallowed down my food.

"Okay?"

"Y-Yeah...?", I gasped out nervously.

She looked over at the others.

"If you're squeamish, I suggest you leave a bit early."

silence.

"No one? Anyone? Last call."

Yoo Jung beggingly asked, "Why are you still here? You can't even handle balloons."

"I've had a broken nose before. This is nothing.," Tao responded.

"Alright. You ready?"

Nurse Yoo looked down at me.

"s-s-s-s-sure."

She took her first two fingers and her thumb and pinched down onto the bridge, holding it in place. With her other hand, she firmly grabbed onto the tip of my nose.

"One through Ten?"

"Five."

"Count to five for me."

"One. Two. Thre-

POP!

I could hear it in my head. I felt like a crackling bell.

I tightly clenched my teeth along with bao. I could hear the decadent filling come to a sad splat on the floor.

Some of them sounded like hissing tires.

"Maybe, I should've left.", Tao said in an unnerved groan.

"Alright. One More."

"On-One more?!"

"Mhm. A through-

"Just do i-

POP!

The pain had hit differently. It struck a nerve that sent my leg flying.

KICK!

Yoo Jung let out a loud gasp.

Di-Did...Did I just?

Flying straight into what felt like what I could imagine being...but tried not to imagine being..someone's crotch. Mr. Z's crotch, to be more specific.

The room fell quiet. All I could do was slowly lower my leg. I would lower my head to apologize, but my face was busy at the moment. I clasped my mouth onto my mouth.

"O..O...Omona.", Nurse Yoo said out loud.

Please...PLEASE just hurry up and get the brace, lady~ PLEASE!

I didn't hear him move. After a few seconds, he did. Most likely holding his knees. He inhaled deeply. My eyes came to a shutter. Then he exhaled.

"You play soccer..?", he groaned out deeply, sniffling

I'm so sorry...

"..no."

"Dance?"

"...ballet.", I whimpered out in utter embarrassment. 

"Yeah...I can tell."

"Ms. Lee..?", Nurse Yoo asked.

I mouthed brace.

"Oh, I almost forgot what I was doing."

She fiddled through her cart, digging around. She began to apply the brace on as she spoke.

"I think it's time you go home.", she said placing the ice on my nose. Then putting my hand over it.

"Mhm..."

"Not on my watch.", Mr. Z said. 

I peaked my eyes open.

"What? Who are you to tell me what to do with an injured student?", Nurse Yoo chatted at him.

"I'm fine with her skipping her other classes, but she can't miss mine."

Is it my time yet? Pick me. Choose me. Take me. Take me now. I'm begging you.

"I-I'm not an industry major.."

"You don't have to be an industry major to be in an industry class."

I frowned at the news in embarrassment.

Please tell me I can drop this class?

"She cannot skip any more classes. If she does, I'll have to send her home, whether you like it or not. There is no point in being at school if you cannot be in class."

"As I said, she's not skipping my class."

"I have to go to class like this?", I asked whining.

"Not like that, of course.", Jongdae said to me in a reassuring tone.

Sehun blurted out

"Yeah. You look like you just got hit by a-

Whack!

There was a soft groan that followed after.

"You do not. Just ignore him.", Jongin sweetly reminded me.

"You're not going to class.", Mr. Z

"But-But you just sai-"

"I know what I said. Where's your schedule?"

I sighed and pointed back toward my backpack.

Tip. Tap.

I began to aggressively eat what remained of my food in my hand.

Tip. Tap.

"Are you positive about your decision?"

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

"But you're injured."

Tip. Tap.

Yeah. I'm even more injured than before and now you want to question why I want to leave?! HA!

"Nia." 

It was Yoo Jung. She sounded worried.

"I'm fine. Just feels a bit uncomfortable."

Snap! 

"Pills."

Click. Clack. Click. Clack. Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

"Does anyone take Music Composition III?", He asked.

"I do.", Chanyeol said.

"When?"

"Next period."

"Say hi to your new classmate."

"Class 5-17?"

"Yep."

"Hello, Classmate."

"Hi...", I said with an awkward smile.

I sighed with a bit of disappointment.

"I can't believe I'm going to miss that class. That was the one I was really excited about."

"You won't. But you will.", Mr. Z said.

"What?", I uttered in confusion.

"Who teaches that class again?"

"Young J-. Sorry. Mr. Yoo."

Clink!

A man spoke.

"Honey, you left your-

Clank!

She's married?

He must have been caught off guard by the full room of people. None of which was his wife.

"Ah. Yoo Young-Jin. Just the man I was looking for."

Yoo Young-Jin?! D-Did he say Yoo Young-Jin?!

"Why? What's going on." 

OH MY GOD. It sounds like him. 

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

Pat!

"There's someone I'd like to meet."

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. 

He better freaking NOT.

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

"Jesus Christ!", he exclaimed in shock.

He freaking is~...

"This is Lee Ni-ah. She's your new student. Ni-ah, this is your music teacher, Mr. Yoo."

I swapped my hands on the baggie and held out the non-bloody one.

"H-Hi. It's nice to meet you..not like this. But I am glad to meet you still."

"Uh-huh. Nice to meet you...too."

He shook it still seeming a bit distraught by the scene.

"Are you okay...to come to class?"

"That's why I pulled you in. I need you to-

"Excuse me.", I said holding up my hand a bit, trying not to rudely interrupt.

They stopped talking.

"Yes?", Mr. Yoo asked straight up.

I turned around a bit in my chair, still looking upward, but slightly towards them.

"Are you by any chance producer Yoo Young Jin?"

He turned to me.

"Why, yes. I am."

I gasped softly, like a little bird.

"I love your work."

He chuckled in amusement.

"Which EXO song?"

I shook my hand.

"No, no, no. "

I tilted over in their direction, "No offense."

Then, I tilted back over to him, getting a clearer view.

It's really him!

"I-I meant the albums."

"What albums?"

"Your albums."

He let out a little laugh and tried to divert from my response.

"Ha. I don't have any albums."

"Yes, you do. I have all three, signed, at home."

He finally gave in.

"There's only two."

"No. There's three."

"Ms. Lee, are you correcting me on the knowledge of my own-

"Blue in Rhythm counts."

He crossed his arms and looked at me, silently.

"You have my first album?

nod.

"Signed?"

"From '93."

He nodded, wearing a firm look. 

"We'll get along just fine."

"I didn't know you were a teacher."

"I think the last thing people would expect is a music producer and a Super Junior member to be teachers."

"Super Junior?! There's a Super Junior member that teaches here?!"

The boys snickered a bit.

Mr. Z cleared his throat, making them hush.

"That would be me."

I slowly turned to him.

"Eh?! I've never seen you before."

One of them wheezed. There was a loud SLAP! There was no sound of pain after so it must have been done by the same person. Probably covering their mouth.

"Super Junior M."

I gasped, hovering my hand above my mouth. 

"M? There's an M?!"

There was a moment of silence. Painful silence. Not for me, but him. He put on a tightly pent grin.

Mr. Yoo burst out laughing, along with a few of the guys.

"I-I-I didn't-I didn't mean it like that. I really didn't know.", I yelped over their roaring laughter, panicking.

He nodded slowly, sinking in the pain of their giggling and chuckling.

"I like her."

Eeeeek~!

A derpy smile spread across my face like butter on toast.

"But you didn't hear that from me!", he said in a fatherly manner, waving his finger at me.

I dropped the smile and said in a straight tone, "Yes, sir."

I couldn't help but let the edges perk up just a little bit.

"What's all this noise I hear? Oh, Hon- I mean~ Mr. Yoo. What are you doing here?"

"You left your cord in the break room. My little gamer needs her charger."

"Oh, you~."

She softly hit his shoulder.

Pat.

They are too cute.

"Aww~...", Yoo Jung said quietly.

"Eww.", Sehun mumbled.

"Hush. They're a couple.", Minseok tried to silence him.

"Yeah. They are.", Sehun whispered.

Minseok gawked, caught off guard by his response

"Alright. Wrap it up, love birds. The students are watching.", Mr. Z firmly said

Mr. Yoo turned to me. "Well, Ms. Lee. I'm glad to have you in my class. Hopefully, you'll be in a better state, next time I see you. 

nod.

"She's staying."

"What?!", he exclaimed at Mr. Z

Nurse Yoo chirped in, whispering aggressively

"That's what I said! Apparently, he needs her to be in his class, today."

Mr. Z glared at her, before Grabbing Mr. Yoo's shoulder and spinning him away from the others. They had a whispering squabble. Although I was close, I couldn't decipher it.

"Okay, okay. I get it. I'll take care of it.", Mr. Yoo loudly whispered. 

They turned around.

"Chanyeol.", Mr. Yoo called out for him.

"Yes?"

"You are dismissed from class for today."

"Yes~.", he whispered to himself.

"Don't get too excited. You're gonna stay here and catch her up in class."

"I won't let you down.", He said in a cheery manner.

"I'll see about that on Monday. It was nice to meet you, Ms. Lee."

"You too."

He smiled. 

"You guys probably want to wrap up your lunch. The bell is going to ring soon.", Mr. Z said.

Re-shuffling the desks, and collecting their trays and trash. They all gathered their things, except for Chanyeol.

"See you later, Nia.", Jongin popped up in my view.

"Nae~.", I cooed innocently.

They all started to file out the door, along with Mr. Z and Mr. Yoo.

"Oh! Baekhyun!", I yelped out

"He left. You want me to go get him?", Suho asked at the door.

"Ah, it's o-."

"BAEKHYUN!", Jongdae yelled into the open, bustling hallways.

Oh lord.

"Did someone call my name?", he called out from down the hall.

"NIA WANTS YOU!"

I hope no one heard that. Someone definitely heard that.

"He's coming.", Jongdae kindly confirmed.

"Thanks~..."

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

"What?"

I frowned at him, in confusion.

One second he's nice. One second he's cold. What a Tsundere.

"I saw you didn't finish your lunch. Maybe it wasn't as appetizing to you. I can't eat all this food. So."

I lifted the light, yet thickly built box.

"Here. Take as many as you want."

"Nia."

"Please. At least, take one. I don't want you to go on with an empty stomach."

He let out a sigh, standing there silent for a second.

"Fine."

He removed the lid and began to dig in the box.

"And, also, thank you. "

He stopped.

"Today has been a really long day. It that you're having one too. But I'm glad that someone was there to understand and speak up when I couldn't. So, thanks again."

He didn't respond right away.

"You're welcome."

I cracked a small smile. He huffed in response. 

"I took two."

"Is that enough?"

"I'm on a diet."

"But you look great."

"I have to keep looking great."

I chuckled.

"Okay then. Well, enjoy it!"

Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

Clink.

Clank.

"Can I have one?", Chanyeol asked. 

I held out the basket.

"Of course, Alfalfa."

I could hear him smile. He reached in and took one out.

"Thank you."

"You don't expect to keep your head up all day do you?", Nurse Yoo asked.

"Hehehe...I-I guess not."

"Mmm. This is good.", Chanyeol mumbled with his mouth full.

"Go ahead and lift your head down slowly for me."

I gracefully lifted my head down. After hitting the 90 degrees mark, I felt the blood rush out.

She quickly tilted my head back, shouting in shock.

"OKAY! Okay~!"

She sighed heavily. 

"The brace isn't doing the job on its own. Looks like I'm gonna have to pack it.

"Pack it? With cotton balls?"

She gave me a tight smile. 

"Kind of."

"Kind of?"

"It's a bit longer."

I whined softly.

"Will it hurt?"

She held up a small plastic cup with two red pills.

Shake. Shake.

"How about we let these kick in first?"