Awake or Awaken

You Are Not Alone

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. 

I had been awakened by the gentle rhythm of a clock. Slowly opening my eyes, a vibrant red velvet ceiling and gold chandelier greeted me. I tried to sit up but found my body was stuck...paralyzed. The soft clicking of heels could be heard from a distance. I began to come closer...and closer.....and...stopped. The loud creak of a door came, and once again, making it close.

"Hello, Nia. How was your slumber?", a soft, yet mature woman spoke.  

"..Good?" I looked around as far as my eye sockets allowed me. There was a slender figure sitting away from me, with their legs crossed.

"Who are you..?"

"I'm Soo Joo. Park. Soo. Joo." 

"Ms. Pa-"

"Just Soo Joo." I closed my eyes and took a breath.

"Soo Joo...Where are we...?" 

"We are in a part of your brain, that only the chosen can access fully. This is your dream realm. This is the Vision Vault, also known as ViVa."

"I've had dreams before. I've never seen this place before. Doesn't everyone dream?"

"Not like you and I..."

Fear quickly came over me, leaving me quiet. 

"What's wrong, kid?"

"If I'm here....doesn't that mean..?" 

"What makes you say that?"

"You said only a chosen few."

"No, Nia. You just have special abilities. Like I. Like your "oppas"..."

I sat in silence, slowly closing my eyes, as a somewhat perplexed frown appeared on my lips.

"Nia...What's with the look?"

"So, I wasn't being manic? Or Delusional? Everything did actually happen?"

"Yep."

I let out the most disappointed sigh.

"What's on your mind? Speak"

"We're literally in it. Shouldn't you know?"

"Yes. But talking about it is healthier."

I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Okay. I feel really bad now. I had them looking for me, all over the city..in the cold...at night...after I kept pushing every. single. one of them. away. But.."

"But what...?"

"I had a purpose for doing so. Hyun-A-"

"She's a naive witch, who used her powers out of jealousy."

"Jealousy? She was jealous? Jealous, of what?"

"The attention given to you, especially Kai."

"Ha! How funny..." I let out a heavy sigh, as I rolled my eyes, closing them once again. I quickly opened them.

"Wait. I'm sorry. Did you say witch?"

"Mhm." 

Click! 

"They're real? They actually exist?!"

"Mhm."

The sound of writing began to fill the room; overpowering the ticking of the clock.

"Wow~...What about Vampires?"

"Mhm."

"Mermaids?"

"Mhm."

"Werewolves? Zombies? Dragons?"

DING! DONG! DING! DONG! 

The sound of scribbles immediately stopped.

"Omo~ Is time up already?" 

I heard the closing of a book and cushion returning to its resting state.

The clicking of heels began again. They went away from me.

"Wait! I still have questions!" 

She picked something up. The clicks then came towards me. A face appeared from the left. 

She was slim, and beautiful, with short pink hair and no eyebrows.

"I know. But it's time to wake up." She gave a gentle, yet cheeky smile.

Image result for Soo Joo

"Wow. You're so pretty. Are you a model?"

She held up a bowl, chuckling softly.

SPLASH!