Chapter 06 || ~Apologies From A Stranger~

The Lost Descendant [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a loud knocking sound coming from the main door and Cami drowsily awoke from it startled. At first she assumed it was just part of her dream, but then she heard it a few more times and realized someone was at the door. She opened her eyes and blinked a few times to wake herself up before rising from the bed and abruptly made her way to open the door. After looking through the peephole, she didn't recognize the young woman behind it, but slightly opened the door ajar.

"Hello. How may I help you?" Cami asked the stranger.

The stranger cast a pleasant smile before speaking with an apologetic expression. "Hello. You don't know me, but I know of you. I'm Sascha. Sascha Lambert. I'm Sydney's girlfriend."

When Cami heard the last part, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Excuse me? Girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I know it's a lot to take in right now." Sascha replied with a sheepish look as she played with the ends of her hair. "Do you mind if I come in and we can talk?"

"Oh, yeah sure." Cami opened the door wider and invited Sascha inside. "Make yourself comfortable. Sorry about the mess."

Cami went about the room tidying it up as she asked if Sascha wanted something to drink, but she declined as she settled onto the couch. Cami sat to her right on one of the solo sofa chairs. The two sat in silent awkwardly, not really sure how to continued the conversation and go about everything.

Sascha spoke first. "Um, first of all, Sydney and I have been together for about four months now. Second of all, I'm a year older than your borther, so I'm a college student. Lastly of all, Sydney told me some stuff, and I felt like I needed to apologize on his behalf because he's been, well, a jerk."

Cami let out a deep sigh before speaking. "Well, thank you Sascha. It's not the kind of situation I would have wanted to meet you in the first place, but I guess it became what it became. But um, why are you apologizing on Sydney's behalf, though?"

Sascha bit her bottom lip before speaking slowly. "Yesterday he went out with some friends, and he got drunk."

Cameron's eyes widened at the news about her brother, but didn't say anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter