Dazes

Clarity

“Hello. Earth to Suzy?” Myungsoo waved his hands in front of Suzy. The girl stopped her gazing competition with the stranger, and focused on the man in front of him. “You’ve been acting really weird since coming in this restaurant, do you want to eat somewhere else?” He asked, concerned. Suzy took a short glance at the man she gazed at beforehand, and shook her head. “No. I want to eat here.” Myungsoo nodded his head, and played with Suzy’s hands.

 

“Myungsoo?”

 

He hummed in reply.

 

“Have I ever gone to Gwangju before?” He stopped fiddling with Suzy’s hands, and looked up to her. Suzy could see an unreadable expression playing in his eyes, before it almost immediately changed to a grin. “We went here before, Suzy, while we were still young, it was for vacation, since my auntie lives in here.” ”Oh,” she answers, “No wonder it felt familiar.” Suzy huffed at her bangs, before looking down again. “I wish I could remember.” Suzy pouted. Myungsoo gave a humorless chuckle, and her head. “It’s okay.”

 

“It’s better if you don’t remember at all.”

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Shin? Shin!” Takuya waved his hands in front of his face. He snapped out of his trance, and glanced at the younger one. “What’s wrong?” Shin gave a small smile, and reassured him that everything was all right. Unsure whether to ask him again, Takuya kept quiet. This was the first time Shin actually became so quiet.

 

All the sudden, he actually looked his age.

 

“Your order is here.” The waiter put down the plate of samgyupsal, and their drinks. The waiter set up the grill, and Takuya grilled the pork while his friend remained a stoic expression. His head was spinning.

 

Why does she look like someone familiar?

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Suzy! The meat’s going to be burnt!” Suzy broke out of her daze, and hurriedly turn over the meat. “Suzy, why are you being so clumsy today?” Myungsoo sighed, slightly exasperated. Suzy tapped on her toes, and before muttering her apologies. The young man felt bad seeing how down she was, so he ruffled her hair. “How could I ever get mad at you?” he chuckled. Suzy gave a small smile, and nibbled down on her rice. She looked up, and saw the stranger again.

 

He had slightly lighter brown hair, almost similar to hers, only his looks more to the orange side. He had quite tanned skin compared to Myungsoo. Speaking of Myungsoo, Suzy glanced at the man more intently.

 

They actually looked alike.

 

They had similar face structures. Both had thick eyebrows. Although there were some distinctive traits, such as Myungsoo having a sharper nose than the other male. The man also noticeably had plumper lips than Myungsoo. Suzy felt heat creeping up to her cheeks. She didn’t know why her body was reacting that way to a complete stranger. Seeing that the stranger had his eyes set on her again, she instantly avoided his gaze.

 

Pit-a-pat

 

Suzy felt her heart beating so fast, she was afraid he might hear it. “Suzy, are you blushing?” Myungsoo asks. “N-no! Of course not!” Suzy fanned herself with her hands. “It’s just that the weather is so hot.” She continued to fan herself while staring outside the window. A feeling of warmth surged through her whole body.

 

It’s as if she misses him so badly.

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Shin, didn’t you say you were hungry?” Shin nodded his head softly at the younger one, before eating another spoonful of rice. “Why aren’t you eating the meat too?” Takuya asks. Shin nods his head again. Curious to what he was looking at, he looked around. Shin instinctively pushed his friend’s face down, until the poor man's face was nearly stuffed into his rice bowl. “Hey! Have you gone mad?” Takuya shouted, infuriated. “Sorry. Sorry,” Shin offered profuse apologies. “Crazy jerk,” Takuya mumbled under his breath. Shin didn’t care. He softly gazes at the girl.

 

Why does he feel he wants to hug her so badly now?

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Suzy. Let’s go it’s getting late.” “H-Huh? Okay.” Suzy ungracefully stood up. Myungsoo softly gazed at her, his eyes pouring out so much love. Even her flaws made him fall for her all the more. He intertwined his fingers with hers, and led her out. Suzy could hardly even notice his hand was on hers, and just followed suit. She glanced at the stranger, as he continued gazing back at her.

 

She didn’t want to leave yet. 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

Realizing she was about to leave, Shin stood up from his seat. Before he could chase after her, he heard a ringtone coming from the desk that she previously sat in. “Oh, looks like she left her phone,” Takuya mumbled. Shin went over to the table, and picked up her phone.

 

Clutching his hands tightly around her phone, he quickly scrambled out the restaurant and observed his surroundings. There was no one around anymore. Disheveling his hair, he sighed in exasperation. “Did you find them?” Takuya went out the restaurant after paying. “No, they’re gone.” The ringtone stopped playing, and Shin took a glance at her phone.

 

“Suzy,” he read aloud.

 

“Huh?” Takuya asked.

 

“It’s her name,” he pointed to the screen, which showed her full name.

 

His lips curled into a warm smile.

 

“Bae Suzy.”

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Suzy?” “Yes?” Myungsoo held out his free hand. They were back in Seoul, and dawn seemed to be nearing. Seeing his outstretched hand, Suzy instantly laced her fingers with his, and gave it a gentle squeeze – a habit she had when holding hands.

 

“Let’s not go to Gwangju again,” he blurts out. “Wh-what? Why?” Suzy’s face was evident of the shock from hearing his words. Myungsoo faced her. “It’s almost the same like Seoul, what’s the use of going there again-“ “I want to go back there,” Suzy answers sternly. She hastily let go of Myungsoo’s hand and faced him with an intensive stare.

 

“I feel like my heart belongs there.”