Vivacious

Clarity

 

“Wow, this is so pretty!” Suzy awed at the origami papers in display.

 

Shin chuckled at the girl’s actions. Nearly throughout the whole festival, she was all “ooh”s and “ahh”s at everything on display. “You sound like a little kid, you know.” Suzy puffed her cheeks, and ignored his remark. “I’ve never been to a festival, before,” she admitted. “Oh?” Shin’s eyes sparkled, mocking her. Suzy, out of impulse, slapped his shoulders, and continued looking around.

 

“Why doesn’t it feel foreign for her to do that?” he pondered.

 

“Come on Wonho! This is so cute!” Suzy cooed. He shook his head, and walked over to the girl’s direction with a smile etched in his face.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“This is delicious,” the woman smiled.

 

Myungsoo’s heart warmed at the woman’s remark on his cooking. “Look’s like your cooking skill hasn’t rusted one bit, Myungsoo,” she glanced up at him. He nodded. “I am Kim Myungsoo, after all,” he says, proudly. “Show-off,” she muttered. Myungsoo could only smile at the woman in front of him. “It is, after all, thanks to the one who taught me,” he whispered, just audible enough for the woman in front of him to hear. She smiled softly, and twirled the pasta between her fork.

 

“Of course,” her smile widened.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

Shin felt his legs giving him away. He scowled at the girl beside him. “Just how do you have so much energy, woman?” Shin asked. Suzy smiled at him, and stuck her tongue out. “Don’t be such a sour puss,” she commented. His scowl deepened, but his heart never felt warmer. He fondly gazed at her back, how her hair swayed from side to side, and how it glowed underneath the scorching sunlight. The festival, honestly, was held monthly. That’s why not much people come over to the festival, since they claimed, “There’s always next month.” But seeing how overly excited Suzy was, it was such an endearing sight to him.

 

Dull things can be beautiful,” he recalled what she said earlier.

 

He smiled, and looked at her examining what the saleswoman had to offer. She finally looked up from the item, and gestured him to come over. With a pleasant smile, he walked over to her.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

He gawked at her. “What?” his eyes nearly popping out of his sockets. Suzy sheepishly smiled, and glanced at him. “Could you pay for me, first? Please. I forgot to bring money.” She nervously twirled her hair. Shin sighed, pulled out his wallet, and paid for the said amount. “And you were planning on buying your own drink from the café before,” he muttered, as they walked away. “Well, I did bring my credit card!” she huffed. “Stands in here don’t use credit cards, so I can’t buy anything.” She glanced into her plastic bag, and a smile reached her face. “What exactly did you buy?” he tried peeking over her plastic bag. Suzy smiled, as she turned to face him, and tell him what was its content.  

 

Realizing that their faces were at such a close proximity, heat crept up their cheeks.  Both abruptly looked away, and faked coughing, attempting to get rid of the sudden awkwardness between them.

 

“We should get going, you need to find a hotel after all, ” Shin announced.

 

“Y-yeah,” Suzy stuttered.

 

Shin mentally chuckled to himself.

 

They were back to square one again.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Enjoy your stay, Miss Bae,” the receptionist says. She smiles, and nods good-naturedly. She walks toward shin and the awkward tension was there again. “I-I’ll get going now,” she mutters. Shin nods his head. Just as Suzy was a step away from the elevator, Shin calls her out, “Would you like to have dinner after this?” Suzy felt her heart soar, as she turned her head around. She nods, and quickly gets in the elevator before it closes. With a satisfied smile, he trudges off, before he realizes something.

 

They didn’t set the time yet.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

Suzy tossed herself into the comfortable bed. Thank goodness, the hotel had one spare room left, or else - A blush made its way to her cheeks. “Oh what am I thinking?” Suzy scolds herself. She slightly jumped, - when she heard the hotel phone, on the small table beside her bed, ring. “Hello?” she asks. “H-hi, Suzy. It’s Shin- I mean Wonho.” Her eyes widened, and she felt her heart thumping. “Y-yeah? What is it?” “U-um,” she heard a scowl on the other line, and a slightly angry tone asking him to hurry up. She accidentally let out a chuckle, and on the other line, he felt more in ease hearing her melodious voice. “I’ll pick you up at 7 okay? Don’t be late!” he says. Her smile brightens, and she nods.

 

“Okay,” she promised.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Sneaky bastard,” Takuya grunted once the phone call ended. Shin smiled at his best friend, and wrapped his arm around his neck. “Thank you! You’re the best!” he smiled. “And you’ve just realized now,” he muttered.

 

By good chance, Takuya’s father owned this particular hotel. Shin, not letting the opportunity pass by, begged his friend over the line to let him call her, since he didn’t have her phone number. Takuya, being the good, mature friend, reluctantly went over to the hotel, and gave Shin permission to use the receptionist’s phone. “You owe me two now, Shin,” Takuya said. “Okay!” he smiled. “Now scram, you have a date to go to,” Takuya teases. Shin’s ears become red, before he gave his friend a friendly punch, and runs out the hotel. Takuya chuckles seeing his friend’s retreating back.

 

“He’s smitten, really.”

 

He smirks before going to his father’s office to greet him.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

Shin nervously taps his shoes to the marble floor underneath him. He glances his watch every once in a while as he kept glancing at the elevator. His ears kept perking up as the elevator dinged open. His shoulders deflated, seeing the particular girl he was looking for didn’t go out, and he hummed a tune to himself – in an attempt to calm his jittery self. He felt a touch in his shoulder, and his face gleamed as he turned around, but his face immediately turned sour afterwards.

 

“Nice to see you too,” Takuya remarked, sardonically. “What are you doing here?” he asked, frowning. “My father owns the hotel in case you get a temporary memory loss,” he shot back, not forgetting the tone of sarcasm in it. He rolled his eyes, and ignored his friend’s witty remark. His friend smirked, and saw Suzy descending down the stairs. He raised one of his brows, before finally grasping the situation. He grinned cunningly, and slowly stepped away from his grumpy friend.

 

Suzy approached him with careful steps, and shook his shoulders. “What is it now Takuya-“ His face tenses as he is faced with a girl instead of his best friend. She chuckled slightly, before teasing him, “Looks like you have another date. I’ll get going then.” Just as she was about to go, Shin grabbed hold of her wrist, and she gasped with surprise as he turned her around. Suzy nearly fell out of balance from his sudden grasp, but Shin was quick to prevent her fall.

 

Both their faces were mere centimeters away, and their cheeks were becoming rosy.

 

“Lovebirds please do not disrupt the hotel’s lobby with your compromising act. Thank you,” a voice commented.

 

Their faces grew redder if possible, and they quickly let go of each other. Takuya chuckled seeing their agitated faces, and gestured them to go out.

 

“Go now, before I ask security to you both out for inappropriate behavior in public,” he pronounces, grinning. Flustered, they quickly made their way out of the hotel, making sure there was a good gap between them.

 

“Those two are quite cute,” Takuya’s father suddenly remarked, surprising his son. “Yeah,” Takuya smiled.

 

“I guess you could say that, father.”

 

***

Your comments truly amuse me, thank you for the comments and for subscribing <3 You guys will get to know the identity of the woman soon (but it's still a few chapters away, to keep you guys hanging because I'm a mean author) hahah enjoy and upvote if you are willing to! ^^