Unpretentious

Clarity

 

After walking quite a distance from the hotel, the two glanced at each other’s faces, and both giggled. “We look like lunatics,” Shin says. “Well not me, only you,” she stuck out her tongue at him. Seeing Shin’s annoyed expression, Suzy’s laugh twinkled in the air, which seems like music to his ears. “Stop laughing,” he says, pretending to be upset.

 

“Make me.”

 

Taking that as a challenge, a sly grin came to Shin’s face.

 

Seeing the suspicious smile on his face, Suzy squealed and immediately ran away from him. “Stop right there, Suzy!” He smiled widely, before running after her.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“You could sleep here,” Myungsoo says to the woman. The woman’s eyes rounded, seeing Myungsoo offer his bed for her. “Then how about you?” she asked. Myungsoo smiled, and patted her shoulder. “I’ll be fine on the couch, don’t worry.” Her face fell at his reply, and guilt was displayed in her eyes. “I’m sorry for being a burden,” she whispered. Myungsoo look at her with fond eyes, and shook his head n disagreement. “You will never be a burden to me.” He looks straight at her eye. He then gave her his signature crooked smile.

 

“Ever.”

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“She runs so fast,” he panted. Looking around, he saw that the place was starting to get packed with people. Panic surged through his veins, as he frantically searched around the crowd. “Where is that girl?” He gritted his teeth. It wasn’t helping that people were pushing each other as well. Before he could dwell in self-regret, he saw the familiar silhouette of a girl, her face pale and confused. He exhaled a sigh of relief, and quickly passed the crowd to reach her.


 

Suzy stopped in her tracks. The streets were beginning to fill with a lot more people, and her breath started to hitch. Her claustrophobic sense was starting to react. “Breathe, Suzy, breathe,” she chanted to herself. Someone accidentally pushed pass her, and he muttered a rushed apology. She started to react all the more. Her asthma started to attack – making her desperately gulping for air. “Breathe, Suzy, breathe,” she reminded herself. Her mind was in a state of chaos, and it seems as if she had been in a similar situation. Her eyes started becoming watery, - her fear getting the best of her.

 

“Myung- Myungsoo,” she started chanting. “I can’t breathe,” she kneeled down in the middle of the streets, and her vision started to blur. Tears started pouring out from her eyes. “Please anyone, help me,” she whimpered.

 

“Suzy!” her ears perked up at the call of her name. “Won- Wonho?” she whispered. She felt someone embracing her, and she quickly wrapped her arms around the man’s neck. She started crying to his shoulder, and the guilt quickly seeped in to his heart. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” he chanted. He held her closer to him.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I won’t ever leave you again.”

 

 

 

Suzy doesn’t know if it was because she was still scared, or because she was touched by his words, but her hold around his neck tightened.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

 

“Here you go,” Shin hands her a cup of warm coffee. She mumbles a word of thanks, and took a small sip of the beverage. “This is good,” she smiled small. He grins at her response. “I took a guess – one sugar and two cream.” “How did you decide?” she inquired. “Instincts?” he says, more like a question. Both chuckled, and he exhaled a good amount of air. “It’s how my mom likes her coffee.” Suzy nods in understanding, and says no more - sensing he has more to tell. “I guess women have similar taste, so I took a chance.” He smiles at her. Suzy pouts slightly in unsatisfactory.

 

“Do you have more to say?” she asks, carefully. Shin’s eyes slightly widened, before he smiled bitterly. “She passed away,” he speaks, almost inaudibly. “I’m sorry,” she immediately apologizes, feeling bad for opening up a past scar. He chuckles, and shakes his head. “Don’t worry about it, what’s done is done.” Suzy bit her lip, to prevent her lips from quivering. She quickly takes another gulp, this time scalding her tongue from the generous amount. “Ouch!” she yelps. She sticks out her tongue, and attempts to relieve the pain by fanning her tongue. He immediately bursts out laughing, breaking the previous solemn mood. Suzy’s face contorts to a grimace, but her face immediately lightens seeing his uplifted mood.

 

Even if it meant embarrassing herself, Suzy would gladly do anything as long as that smile remained in his face.

 

After a good minute of laughter – much to Suzy’s irritation, Shin finally subsided his laughter, and his goofy smile was back radiating in his face. “We haven’t had dinner yet,” he glances at his wristwatch secured in his left hand. “It’s not too dark yet, what do you want to eat? Treat’s on me.” Suzy’s eyes glimmered, and a bright grin came across her face.

 

“Samgyeopsal,” she smiled.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Suzy, do you not like the food?” Shin asks, concerned. Suzy didn’t take much of the meat, and nibbled on little of the rice. “Are you sick or something?” His forehead creases. She shook her head. “No, it’s just I...” she hesitates. “Just what?” She bit on her lip. “I get fat easily,” she finally admits. His eyes doubled in size, and he started roaring in laughter. “Wh-what’s so funny?” she asks, all the sudden flustered. He calmed down a bit after a while, and smiled goofily at her. “Nothing,” he says, “I never thought that someone as ignorant as you would be so concerned of those stuff.” Suzy huffed, and playfully kicked his leg under the table. “I am still a girl, after all.” She tossed her hair behind her back, and he raised his hand in surrender. "You're modest you know, I never thought girls would openly say that to a guy." She turned her head at him, her eyes sparkling. "Are you saying I'm not a girl then?" He laughs, amused by her response. "No, I just thought that girls would like to keep that to themselves, and not tell it to a man." She nodded her head. "Maybe it's because I don't see you as a man." She laughed afterwards, seeing the sour expression in his face. "I rather tell the truth than boast about something false," she pointed out. He nodded his head in agreement.

 

“But still you have to eat more. You’ve only had two or three pieces of meat!” he says, exasperated. “It doesn’t matter if you get a little chubby anyway, you’d still look cute,” he accidentally blurts. “Did I just say that out loud?” he says, suddenly realizing. Suzy’s cheeks burned, and she chuckles awkwardly. “I am cute no matter what,” she says, attempting to release the awkward tension. “Y-Yeah, so just eat more okay?” he says, still stuttering. She shyly nods in return, and ate some more of her rice. Shin carefully transfers a few pieces of meat unto her plate. “Don’t worry about eating more, I sincerely meant what I said before,” he says, cheeks still burning. With rosy cheeks, she looked up to him and nodded accompanied with a shy smile.

 

***

I hope this is fluffy enough since that's what I aim for this chapter :p haha have a nice Christmas everyone <3 God bless!