Reconcile

Clarity

 

Suzy continued to stare at the book in front of her. From afar, she might seem she was so engrossed in her book, but up close, it was clear her gaze was unfocused. Her fist suddenly made contact with the table in front of her.

 

“Why are you so annoying, Myungsoo?”

 

She sighed, and continued to gaze at her book. Her head suddenly perked up, and she began talking to herself once more.

 

“Have I been too harsh?” Her gaze softened. “No,” she suddenly flared up. “It’s because Kim Myungsoo is a jerk!” she shouted. Seeing her surroundings, she saw some people shushed her, while some gave dirty looks. The librarian came up to her, and asked her to quiet down. Cheeks burning with embarrassment, she looked down, and mumbled her apologies. The librarian rolled her eyes, and left the girl.

 

“This is all your fault, Myungsoo,” she mumbled. Suzy picked up her canvas bag that was seated beside her, and walked out of the library. “Are you done, agasshi?” A sturdy man in his 40’s wearing a black suit asked. Suzy sighed, and nodded. “I’m done, take me home now, Woohyun.” Nodding, Woohyun opened the door for her. “Oh, and Woohyun,” Suzy called out. His head perked up. She smiled widely at him. “Just call me Suzy when that jerk’s not around.” He tilted his head in confusion. “Kim doryeonnim you mean?”

 

“Bingo.” She snapped her fingers. He hesitantly nodded his head. “Yes agasshi- I mean Suzy.” Suzy’s smile brightened, and she went in the car. He closed the door, and quickly walked to the driver’s seat. As he drove, Woohyun kept stealing quick glances to the back. It was the first time Suzy ever called Myungsoo with such a vulgarity. “Woohyun is there’s something you’re curious of, you could just ask you know? I won’t bite.” Taken by surprise, he meekly nodded his head. “Are you having problems with doryeonnim?” He asked, curious. Suzy sighed of exasperation, and leaned her head to the window. “He’s being stubborn, and doing whatever his heart wants,” Suzy complains. She sat up, and started to talk in an angry voice to no one in particular.

 

“I never have fun! This is the first time I’ve requested anything from him yet he’s being like this!” She folded her arms in front of her chest. “Fine, it’s up to you. I’ll just do whatever you want, selfish jerk!” Suzy leaned back on her seat, and harrumphed. Woohyun startled seeing her acting that way, gulped, and continued driving. From his whole time serving the young master, never did he see Suzy getting so all worked up like that.

 

“We’re here, agasshi.” Suzy didn’t even wait for Woohyun to open the door for her, and just opened the door. She slammed the door back to its place, making the driver flinch. “Mental reminder to never upset agasshi,” he mumbled to himself, before parking the car at the garage.

 

Suzy strutted angrily into the house, her heels making clicking sounds venting her annoyance. “Welcome home, Suzy,” Myungsoo’s voice could be clearly heard from the living room. Suzy averted her head away from Myungsoo, and continued walking to her room, completely ignoring his presence. “I guess she’s till mad.” He ruffled his hair. “It’s been 2 days now, we’ve never fought like this.” He rubbed his temples, and smiled a little. “Stubborn Suzy,” he mumbled.

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Children’s veins are harder to find than adults, so it is an important to-“ Shin yawned hearing his lecturer’s lesson. He wiped the tears forming in his eyes from drowsiness. He continued doodling with the notebook that was laid in front of him. Shin had always aspired to be a children’s doctor, but sometimes he couldn’t take the long talks he had to go through. Slowly losing consciousness, his head slowly moved down towards his notebook.

 

“Children. Vein. Doctor. Phone. Stethoscope. Suzy. Bae Suzy-“ His head dropped to his notebook. Just as he was about to get some shut-eye, the bell suddenly rung. “Okay class, don’t forget your essays are due next week!” Shin groaned, and raised his head. Takuya scoffed and knocked the older one’s head. “Wake up you baboon, we have one more class after this.” Shin raised his head, and mumbled incoherent words under his breath before he started walking. Takuya shook his head. “What in the world does that guy do everyday?” he mumbled. 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Suzy, dinner’s ready.” Myungsoo softly knocked on Suzy’s door. Suzy sighed hearing the young man’s words. She was honestly bored of the same routine she had to go through everyday. “Suzy this, Suzy that.” She didn’t want to just survive. She wanted to live.

 

Although she felt bad of treating Myungsoo this way, she wanted to show him that she was not a doll. She wanted her rights to be heard also. She knew Myungsoo wanted nothing but the best for her, but honestly she thought it was too much. Suzy wanted to experience the world as well, not to be caged in it.

 

Suzy slowly opened the door and faced Myungsoo. Her hair was still wet from showering. The water was seeping through her clothing and it made her shiver, but she couldn’t care less. “Suzy, you should dry your hair first, you could catch a cold.” Myungsoo attempted to touch her wet hair, but Suzy slapped it away. “It’s my hair anyway, you wouldn’t care,” she spat. She deliberately bumped her shoulders to his, and passed by. Myungsoo clenched his fists and sighed. “Suzy, don’t be like this,” he says. “Be what?” Suzy questioned.

 

Myungsoo rubbed his temples. Suzy was one tough nut to crack. Sighing, he finally gave up. “I’m sorry. It’s been two days, I can’t stand fighting with you.” He held her hands. “Fine, you can go to Gwangju again.” Suzy's face instantly became cheery, and started squealing and jumping. “Thank you so much!”

“But,” Myungsoo continued. “There is one condition.” Suzy tilted her head. “What?” she asked. He cheekily grinned and kissed her cheek. “I must come with you.” Suzy smiled and nodded enthusiastically. “Okay.”

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

Shin continued to gaze at the phone he held. Should I or should I not? Frustrated, he plopped himself on his bed. “I should return her phone anyway,” he mumbled to himself. He was about to press the dial button, but his thoughts hindered him again. What should I say? Shin groaned and threw himself to bed again. “I’m hopeless,” he mumbled to himself.

 

Just as he was about to dial the phone, an incoming call came. Surprised, Shin instantly stood up. “Prince Myungsoo?” he read. Wondering what he should do, he answered the call.

 

“Hello?” he said. “Hello? Is this Suzy’s phone?” a man’s voice barked. Shin distanced his ear from the phone from the loud voice the man was speaking in. What was his name again? Oh, right. “Myungsoo-ssi, yes this is her phone, she left her phone in the restaurant a few days ago,” he replied. “Oh. Could I take her phone back? I could go to the restaurant where she last left it by 1 in the afternoon tomorrow.” Shin pondered on his thoughts for a while. He did have some lessons tomorrow, but he guessed he could work something out. “Okay then, we can meet in there.” “Okay, it’s settled then. Thank you.” He hung up the phone. Shin had been meaning to ask her to bring the girl along, but he felt it might lead to a misunderstanding. He sighed. He guessed he has to settle with the man first then.

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Have you found it Myungsoo?”

 

Suzy asked as soon as Myungsoo hung up. “Yeah, I found it.” He smiled at her. “I’ll go get it tomorrow. So don’t worry.” He patted her head. Just then, he got another phone call. “Hello. What?” Myungsoo knitted his eyebrows together. “What time?” he asked. “Okay. Thank you.” He hung up. “What’s wrong?” Suzy asked. “An urgent meeting suddenly came up.” He looked sympathetically at Suzy. “I’m sorry I don’t think I’ll be able to get your phone tomorrow.” “It’s okay,” she says. Her eyes suddenly sparkled. “Maybe I could go get it myself tomorrow!” she proposed. “Absolutely not,” he instantly disagreed. Suzy pouted at him. “You just promised Myungsoo!” she exclaimed. “But the agreement was that I came along,” he announced. “Myungsoo, I’m already a big girl. Let me go on my own, please?” she pleaded. Myungsoo considering he didn’t want to be on Suzy’s bad terms like he was for a few days now, and having a weak side to Suzy’s cute ways, finally complied. “Okay, but promise me you’ll be there only to take your phone, and directly go home okay?” She saluted him. “Yes sir!” she shouted. He smiled, and ruffled her hair.

 

The things he would do for her.

 

***

Sorry for the long wait I finally got to update now. I will try to update faster from now on since my exams and excursion is over ^^ Thank you to my lovely subscribers for reading this story and I hope you continue to support my story <3

Love,

lulabyangel