Heart Beats

Clarity

 

“Ah! Finally Gwangju!”

 

Suzy smiles and holds out her hand in front of her face to block the sun’s rays. “But the sun’s way too hot today,” she pouts. Chuckling, Myungsoo took her hands away from her face, and enveloped it with his own. “You forgot to bring your sunglasses didn’t you?” She cheekily smiled and nodded at him. “You’re so clumsy,” Myungsoo sighs. “But you love me anyway,” Suzy blurts out. He grinned at her goofily before planting a sneaky kiss on her cheek. “And you too.” He gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

“Takuya!” The man being called stops his work, and looks up from his work desk. His friend finally stops running in front of him, and starts gasping for air. Takuya creased his forehead, skeptically looking at his friend. ”What’s wrong?” he asks. His friend grinned looking up at him. “When will you ever call me with hyung?” Takuya rolled his eyes, and looks back at his work. “The day you ever act your age, Shin.” Shin goofily smiles at him and clutched his stomach. “Ah, I’m so hungry.” He puts on a sympathetic look on his face, and pouts at the younger one. “I feel like I haven’t eaten for days now.”

 

Takuya sighs, and gets up from his chair. He grabs his coat from behind his chair, and starts walking. Shin smiles in victory, before catching up with his friend. “Your treat, okay?” he whispers to his friend. Before Takuya could get to Shin, the latter ran off. Takuya massaged his temples looking at his friend’s retreating figure. He lets out a small smile.

 

“What are we ever going to do with you, Shin?”

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

“Myungsoo!” Suzy squealed. He just laughed, and continued on tickling her. “Stop what?” he asks innocently. “Tickling me! You know I’m sensitive.” Suzy huffs. “Fine, fine. I’ll stop.” Myungsoo retreated back his hands from tickling, and grabs her hand instead. “Where do you want to eat Suzy?” “Hm…” Suzy taps her on her toe, and looks around. Her eyes scanned the whole place, and she stops at a particular building. Suzy smiles, and tugs on Myungsoo’s hand.

 

“I want samgyeopsal.”

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

“Just the usual please.” “Okay.” The waiter bowed his head, and went off. “Why do you like this place so much anyways?” Takuya asks. “The food here’s good.” He looks around a little more, and his eyes softened.

 

“And it contains good memories,” he whispers almost inaudibly.

 

Takuya kept quiet. He gazed sympathetically at his older friend. Although his friend could act childish and immature at almost every time of the day, yet he knew his intentions. Even though it’d take a bullet for him to ever confess it, but he knew Shin was much more mature than he appeared. Shin tapped his foot and looked up to face his friend, and smiled widely once again. “Hey, stop giving me that look. I know I’m handsome and all, but no need to look at me that way.” Takuya scoffed, and looked away. Although he could really get to his nerves sometimes, he could never get mad with him.

 

Shin was already hurting too much.

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

The doorbell in the front door of the restaurant chimed as the door opened.

 

Strange.

 

Suzy thought, she felt a sense of nostalgia surging through her veins. “Welcome!” the waiter called out. Snapping out of her thoughts, she bowed down slightly before taking her seat with Myungsoo. Once taking their seats, Suzy looked around.

 

It wasn’t the first time Suzy’s felt this way. A few months back, Suzy went to Gwangju as well without Myungsoo’s consent. He was out of town for some work, and Suzy was shifting through the magazines and found a place called Gwangju. Helplessly bored, she exited the house without his permission, and went there. Looking around, she could make no memory of the sort, but her body felt as if it had a mind of its own at that time.

 

“Suzy? Suzy?”

 

Suzy snapped out of her trance, and looked at Myungsoo. “Yeah?” “Are you okay?” Suzy nodded her head. “I’m okay, don’t worry.” “What do you want to order?” Suzy shifted her gaze to the menu in front of her. “I’ll have samgyeopsal.” “Oh, good choice that’s our restaurant’s favorite menu.” The waiter smiled at her. Suzy nodded in return, and gave back the menu to the waiter. “You’re good at picking food,” Myungsoo complimented. She smiled at him, and nodded. She didn’t know, but samgyupsal just popped in her head, while skimming through the menu. Suzy looked around the restaurant. It was really nothing much, but it did feel pleasant. The simple furnishing and the pastel blue wallpaper gave the restaurant a light feel. She continued shifting her gaze until she stopped to a man’s intent gaze on her.

 

Strange.

 

Why is Suzy’s heart beating so fast at just the sight of this stranger?

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

Shin saw a couple coming in from the front door. He would usually just brush it off, but the girl in front of the door caught his attention. She was pretty with her light brown dyed hair and bangs, but that was not what caught his attention. He saw that she was playing around with her feet. It seem like she was insecure about her feet. He saw how she was gazing into space, and was snapped back to reality after the waiter’s greetings. He didn’t know why but seeing her hand intertwined with the man beside her, he felt uncomfortable. They took their seat beside the large windowpane glass, and he remained his gaze at the girl. Why is it that she felt so familiar?

The girl looked around, when her gaze finally landed on him.

 

Strange.

 

Why did Shin’s heart feel like it was soaring sky high when seeing her face?