.8

smiling memento

“chanhee… mr lee chanhee…”

 

“you know you should really pay attention to me… I mean someone very close to you recommended me here”

 

“what was his name…. uhm. Yes, lee byung once called me a beautiful singer”

“so what do you think ljoe ssi?”

 

 

A smile broke free from byung’s tight face, he couldn’t believe it. This sweet melancholic voice was calling his name once more. That smile turned painful because after a few seconds, it was as if all the cuts and scars reopened and just like that he was bleeding again. But this time, he loved it this stinging echo inside his chest, he loved it so much that tears became overrated.

 

 

“well… lee byung must have been infatuated with you”

 

 

He turned and as their eyes met, chunji trembled at the sight of byung’s wet sad eyelids. And byunghun saw that slight shiver that went down the taller’s spine, smiling at how responsive chunji were even after such a long time. He wondered whether chanhee’s emotions grew the moment he left or did it just disappear along.

 

 

“he was…. That idiot. Wonder how he feels about me now?”

 

 

Handing out a black checkered napkin in his hand, the way chunji’s skin slightly brushes against byung made it clear as day. That all the pain had probably subsided and all the agony might have just disappeared. The smiles on their faces too probably meant that even after all those death-like resentments, Niel was right.

That probably behind all of Ahn Daniel’s words about hope, beyond this anguish, he really did left both of them the most miraculous memento ever.

Love that surpasses time and principles.

 

 

 

One that could bring smiles to both of their fractured souls. 

In the end, it was all a part of his smiling memento.

 


so finally its finished. so sorry for the super sluggish updates T^T  apparently i had this massive block on how the ending should go and even this one, i hope its not too uhm short haha.

i do want to make a longer one but trying to elongate this plot felt kinda risky. i hope it goes out short but meaningful and you guys could understand the meaning, haha cuz my friend always say my senteces are a bit too fancy etc makes it hard to read. so i really tried to simplify it ^^

but since this is emotional writing (yes i get emotional when i write, cuz i love angst so much ;^;) i tend to exaggerate. but only for the sake of making the reader feels the pain too. haha okay too long of a closing comment.

 

I JUST HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED IT JUST AS MUCH AS I ENJOY WRITING IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH.