.6

smiling memento

The clock was ticking rather slowly. Byung hun stood up in annoyance and slammed the speaker, looking straight into the studio. The singer was rather rattled by ljoe’s harsh gestures but she silently nodded down and listened to the cranky producer.

 

 

“yah, is this your bathroom shi eun-ssi? Huh, this getting rather tiresome ara”

“take five! I expect you to sing better when I get back okay”

 

 

Grumbling his way out of the studio ljoe looked at his watch and sighed. It was already 4pm and the now-red headed lad hasn’t eaten anything yet. Rubbing his empty stomach he made his way to the streets and walked rather mindlessly into the heart of seoul.

 

Three years passed just like a flash, still everything was moving rather slowly for the hardworking lad. No, actually time was not the real problem. It was the prickly thorny feelings deep inside his guts that made the whole universe felt like it was moving sluggishly.

When he looks at his coffee, one familiar face would pop up inside his mind and made him feel dirty. The longing felt so dirty to ljoe since he was obviously not over lee chanhee and no matter what he does, every single thing would remind the red head of the pretty boy.

And each time that certain face flashes across his mind, like second nature tears would flood the rims of his eyes. Worse was the face that followed, Ahn Daniel’s face.

Guilt was something he could push away but never get rid of.

 

 

Still the boy never worked harder in his life. Royalties and money was flooding his account bank as he watch them grew bigger and bigger. But indeed, what actually can money buy?

He bought himself a brand new sport car but the moment he rode it and felt the breeze grazing against his cheek. L.joe  could not stop himself from wishing that a special someone would come and enjoy it with him.  So he sold that car away and started to walk.

Walking mindlessly was something he believed comforting.

 

 

So just like that he walked. Stuffing his ears shut with music as he made his way when he saw a huge crowd surrounding a café. He was puzzled since he was practically deaf by the banging music from his phone so he went closer.

Still his height was always an obstacle. No matter how hard he tip toed, he just couldn’t see inside the café so the boy gave up and turned away when his earplugs snapped away, tangled on a chair’s hand rest. That was when he felt that sensation all over again.

It felt like his lungs had sunk into his guts and his heart halted. Cold sweats breaking into the surface of his skin and dilated pupils made his petite eyes open wide.

A breath taking voice was lingering in the air. A very familiar voice indeed. Hoarse, deep and definitely tragic, echoing across the street. It was the voice that broke his heart.

It was chanhee’s voice.

 

 

For a good few seconds the red headed lad stood frozen, just trying to swallow the reality. After pulling himself together, ljoe turned around and literally ran back to the café. Pushing and squeezing through the dense crowd, he finally made it close enough to see the singer’s face.

A big wide grin immediately carved on his face as a drop of tears managed to escape from the brim of his eyes.

 

 

 

Breathtaking every time that voice lingers

Chunji was sitting on a chair, holding a microphone close to those pink cherry lips. The boy was singing loud and clear, no more humming the songs through the air. Undoubtedly it made his sweet smooth voice sounded clear and exquisite. The boy’s dark brown hair was now blonde, glistening under the warm subtle lighting and he never looked better. It was as if byunghun could see the freedom within chanhee’s eyes.

 

Completely mesmerized ljoe didn’t notice that the song was ending and that within a few more seconds the show is also over. When it did, the petite lad realized that he was still too far back from the stage, so far stuck within the dense crowd.

 

Shoving himself forward as hard as he could but still it was useless, his small built made it impossible for him to push people aside. Chunji was already packing his equipment and was ready to leave. Bowing one last time to the audience, the boy smiled so bright that the moment byung saw it, he could hear his heart break.

 

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. The red head reminded himself that as he inhaled deep, closed his eyes and balled his fist tight.

“ ccha…. LEE CHAN HEE SSI!!!!”