.2

smiling memento

 

If you met him, im sure you’ll be more in love with him then with me”

Chunji’s was slightly bigger built than lee byung, that wide shoulder and his obvious adam apple. The way his light brown hair sweeps over the lad’s long black eyelashes and his small pouty cherry red lips looked like a match made in heaven when paired with his pale milky skin.

No wonder Niel was infatuated, lee chanhee indeed was breathtaking.

Lee Byung just could not stop staring. Niel’s words echoes subtly as he watches over the brown haired boy who was focused on making tea. Then his blank expression slowly turned into a slight smirk, as he stared at chunji who was carelessly spilling hot water all over the table.

“ huh, no wonder these two are so close. They’re the same.

The blonde haired boy whispered to himself as he rushes over to chanhee. Helping the boy clean up the mess while laughing over the fail chanhee made. They smiled, giggled and laughed as they made their way to the kitchen. It was their first time meeting but still everything felt familiar. It was like they knew just enough about each other to feel comfortable.

Indeed the house was just as beautiful. The bright open kitchen was gleaming from the pouring sunlight while the green plants placed perfectly in front of the wide glass mirror brought a feel of slight serenity. Chunji was chopping cabbages whereas byung was sitting just beside him.

Two mugs, two set of chopsticks…….. a pair of wine glases…

“it’s your little world…….”

“sorry. What did you say? Haha I didn’t hear it well”

“Its like a mini world, this house. Yours and neil’s. it’s cute, sweet actually”

The sharp glossy knife slowly lands on the cutting board as chanhee looked around silently. His calm face slowly transformed into a slight grin. But tears, there were tears within those smiling eyes. Byung was correct. It’s his world shared completely with Ahn Daniel, who was gone. Now the little world they had feels blank.

Wiping his tears which were escaping the red brims of his eyes, he looked at byung and said…

“hmmm…. It’s a hollow world now lee byung-ssi. I have this huge world all on my own with no one to share it with. Sometimes I wish it to crumble and burn……”

“but?”

“but… ahn Daniel is here. Everything in this house has tiny memories about the boy”

“this lonely hollow world im living in, its his memento”

Silently byung held his tears in. he was in pain, to know that Ahn Daniel was living in a perfect world, a happy one. But it’s gone, he was gone.

However byung noticed, it was chanhee who was hurting much more. Byung knows, the way the brown haired boy turns around and silently washed the dishes. He was hiding a face of sorrow from the guest whom he respected.

“don’t cry… chanhee-ssi. Your handsome face looks really weird when you cry”

“Niel told me that…..”

His twitching wide shoulder stopped and the boy turned around. He smiled brightly as he rubbed his flushed red eyes and brought byung a glass of water. For a moment Lee Byung was mesmerized, lee chanhee looked so beautiful when he had shed those tears.

So much that his heart decided to skip a decent beat………