Falling into sweet oblivion

Symptoms

 

 

Sulli could sense the shift in the atmosphere the moment she watched Soojung her lips out of the corner of her eyes. She could tell that something was changing between them, mostly Soojung, and she gripped her stack of papers and notebooks settled on the desk in a mixture of fear and tension. And she was right. Her name slurred out from behind teeth-bitten lips of her sickness less than a second later, and Sulli knew she was in for her biggest test yet, staying alive.

 

If I don’t cure this wound, I might die, I might go crazy, I don’t know what will happen.

 

Soojung gets up from her seat, walking behind the taller girl, and Sulli glues her eyes to the front of the first notebook in her pile, staring hard at the glossy red color as fingers ghost over the back of her school uniform and arms slip through hers from behind. A blink later, she feels Soojung’s breath fanning over her ears, and her heart begins to roar in protest from the close proximity and in love, sending her breathing rate over the edge. 

 

The sickness that is you, the worse it gets, the more exhausted I get but the only medicine is you.

 

And Soojung must have thought it was normal, or something of the sort, for a heartbeat later, Sulli feels nails gently running over the flesh of the nape of her neck, moving her hair to one side of her head.

 

If I can’t have you, I might die, I might go crazy, I don’t know what will happen.

 

A second has gone by, and Sulli can firmly feel Soojung pressed against her back, and fingers moulding between hers as they rest in her lap, but she can feel herself fading. A soft kiss is laid upon her pearly skin, and Sulli starts seeing black spots in her vision, this has to stop, she thinks to herself.

 

The only medicine is you.

 

She can feel the sickness and the love taking firmer hold inside of her bones, and she cannot fight back the stars in her eyes any longer. By now, her temperature is absolutely raging like an uncontrolled wildfire, a bonfire heart that pumps for the figure behind her. Beads of sweat behind stringing up along her skin, and her cheeks turn rosy, a sign of her growing fever, but Soojung dismisses it at once, think of it as the way Sulli gets .

 

I can’t live if I lose you.

 

Sulli lives for this kind of rush inside of her body. Everything that kills her makes her feel alive, and Soojung was flowing with the essence of it all. Soojung nuzzles her way up Sulli’s jawbone, inching closer and closer to  the lips she tasted so long ago.

 

I can’t figure out this fever, I can’t cool it down. 

 

Sulli’s heart hammers against her ribs as the distance between Soojung and depletes with every pump of her muscles. Just as Soojung’s familiar warm lips land on hers, Sulli loses it.

 

I’ve dried up like the desert, I’m hoping for a sweet rain that is you, to fall.

 

She falls into oblivion with sweet lips moving with hers, and she is gone, gone, gone. Oblivion. Sulli has never thought that Soojung would be there.