A Pleasantly Shocking Memory

Symptoms

 

 

I’m left alone on this black night, in my room that’s filled with thoughts of you.

 

That day had been bursting to the brim with sound, with color, with the essence of life itself. And all of this change seemed to burst from within the heart of the one and only......Jung Soojung. The transfer student from the states that was all the buzz in Sulli’s school at the moment, well, to be more exact, she’s been everything everyone’s been talking about ever since the moment she stepped through the doors of Seoul High last month in October.

 

The first explanation would be, of course, the fact that nobody had ever met a person like Soojung, or as she liked to be called, Krystal, before: she looked as if she walked off the cover of magazines daily, no matter what she was wearing (she could have made wearing a trash bag look desirable), and always portrayed the cold city girl everyone was always curious about, but never got the nerve to ask of. The second explanation is not of the adoring kind, or of the awestruck kind. It is born out of hatred and jealousy, and of three girls that have claimed themselves queens of the school. They’re rumors.

 

And they all started with one simple thing Soojung did. Just one, but it was one action that remains forever implanted inside of not only Sulli’s mind, but most of the school’s as well. For what made Soojung so interesting wasn’t just her outfit. Which consisted perfectly of a soft red and black and white plaid flannel long sleeve underneath a soft brown thermal vest, over a maple leaf colored mini skirt, with deep brown leggings and a pair of soft leather boots. But, no, it wasn’t that breathtaking masterpiece of fashion sense.

 

It was the first thing she did when she slammed the door of the main entrance open and stepped inside the threshold of the lobby of Seoul High. Her head tilted with interest as the eyes of all the students who peered at her from the safety of their circles of friends, and scrutinized each of their faces, until her cat-like eyes settled on one student in particular, one that was standing close to the wall, singling that person out of the hundreds of people around her, and locking their eyes together for what seemed like an eternity. 

 

And, as you might have guessed, that one student had been Sulli. And, as you might have assumed, Soojung had stepped forward, with one black backpack strap slung over her right shoulder, and a few notebooks in the same hand, and with full and utter confidence, she walked right up to Sulli, with a slight and devilishly y smirk playing on her curved lips. Soojung sauntered right up to that scared stiff Sulli, and with everyone’s eyes glued to them, pushed her gently against the wall with her notebook-filled hand, and lightly grabbed the collar of Sulli’s button up shirt, drawing the taller girl’s lips closer to her, so close that Sulli could feel the soft fanning of Soojung’s breath roll over .

 

You might think that Sulli’s mind would be racing right about now, but in reality, it was the exact opposite: Sulli wasn’t thinking, not at all. Not a single thought had entered her mind since the moment she laid eyes on Soojung. And so, when Sulli felt the lips that felt as good as heaven brush against hers, Sulli let her, her eyes fluttering shut and her hand shooting out to crush Soojung’s body against her own, melding them together. Because even if Sulli didn’t believe in God, right then, when she kissed Soojung, she converted into a Christian, vowing to herself that she had tasted a slice of heaven herself, and would always be yearning for more of it against the palate of her tastebuds.

 

Soojung kissed her tenderly, and a little bit hotly, with a hand cupping her jawline, until Sulli could feel herself, her lips and her heart and her body, literally scorching up inside with the need for one more taste of those lips, those Soojung lips, that Soojung, who kindled the fire within her and made her feel as if her insides were cooking and boiling over, because there was no way Sulli could lie: she loved being kissed by Soojung, and she loved kissing Soojung, and she could feel the burning of love etching Soojung’s name into her skin. 

 

And she didn’t think, that is, to kiss her back without a second thought, until her head finally got caught up to her racing and pounding heart, and she opened her half lidded eyes to watch as Soojung kissed her. But, even though she knew what she was doing, recuperating the passionate kisses from Soojung with the same amount of feeling, the bold Jung was still the one who pulled away first, because Sulli was a little reluctant of letting go of those precious lips. And with that same smirk, no less. She looked as if she were about to leave, so Sulli eased herself off of the wall to escape, but was only forced back onto it once more with a perfectly manicured alabaster hand pushing against her shoulder, a soft gasp escaping from her parted lips.

 

Soojung leaned in close to her, and Sulli caught a whiff of coffee lingering on the other girl’s clothes as those kiss-swollen lips moved passed her ear. And as Soojung’s mouth opened and her lips parted, Sulli felt the hand slowly down, easing over the fabric of her shirt slowly, and making her heart feel as if it were about to explode with want. “Catch you later,”  the Jung murmured seductively. Her hand slid delicately over the tip of Sulli’s hardened s and down to tug on one of her jeans’ belt loops, “Hot lips.” And then leaned in, and kissed Sulli one more time, soundly on the mouth, before she slipped away through the crowd, leaving Sulli to face the hundreds of questioning faces surrounding her.