A Dream Worth Killing For

Symptoms

 

 

Sulli blows furiously into a tissue and balls it up with the rest of the mountain of paper next to her, attempting to clear her congested nose to no avail after a nearly nose bleeding flashback of Soojung’s . Another fit of coughing overtakes her as she slumps back down into her pillow prison with a colored pencil in hand. On her lap lies a new sketchpad, already filled with scribbles and doodles of the same black haired and brown eyed girl.

 

I can’t do anything and I draw you out as I am in pain all day.

 

A familiar jangle fills the empty room with noise, and Sulli doesn’t think twice about answering, even though she should have taken a better gander at the familiar face that flashed on her screen. She makes the mistake of staring down at her latest sketch, almost completely colored: a scene of Soojung staring at her from across the inside of their classroom, standing by her friends’ desks while her eyes remain fixed upon her. Just by looking into those drawn eyes causes Sulli’s voice to waver when she picks up the phone, and she sounds utterly breathless as she says, “Hello?”

 

Your indifferent face that I can’t figure out makes my breath stop.

 

Sulli can almost hear the smirk that’s stretching across the caller’s lips, and by the burning up of her cheeks, she knows exactly who is calling her. There’s the sound of a steady, calming breath over the line, and then Soojung says, “Open your door, Sulli.” Sulli feels her body freeze over and thaw again with the rush of adrenaline pumping through her veins at the sound of her voice. She could feel Soojung’s presence seeping through the cracks of the door. With her phone still pressed to the shell of her ear, Sulli tentatively turns the knob of her bedroom door and peeks out of the slit created by the slight opening of the door. A pair of flashing eyes meet Sulli’s, and Soojung pushes her way through the door and steps into Sulli’s bedroom with ease.

 

The two girls stand in the center of the room, one timidly and with her heart racing with the fear and fever and a big mixture of and wonder if Soojung would kiss her again, and the other with the utmost expression of cool playing on her features, her smirk painting letting Sulli’s heart and mind to be tossed into a pit of endless straining.

 

Your cold eyes digs into my heart, cutting deeply through the center.

 

Sulli can feel her fever raging inside of her heart, like a war, the two clashing sides of love for the beautiful stranger before her and containing her levels of extreme self control of not slamming Soojung roughly against the wall and losing her mind against Soojung’s tempting lips. She feels her body weakening and strengthening at the same time with every intentional step of Soojung’s slender legs she takes as she nears her.

 

If I don’t cure this wound, I might die, I might go crazy, I don’t know what will happen.

 

Soojung’s little smile widens into a grin, and she stops when she’s in range of Sulli’s long and slender arms and lets her fingers stretch out to linger over the exposed, delicious set of collar bones protruding out from beneath the sweater that keeps slipping over Sulli’s slender shoulders. Sulli can feel the flames growing, and she almost feels faint from fatigue. 

 

“Sulli,” Soojung drawls, slurring her words deliberately, feeding the fire burning up inside of the taller girl, “I heard you’re sick, what’s wrong? What’s caused it?”

 

The corner of Sulli’s lips quirk up into a tiny half smile: The sickness that is you, the worse it gets, the more exhausted I get but the only medicine is you.

 

“It kind of just popped out of nowhere,” Sulli manages to mumble with slightly labored breathing as Soojung walked in circles around her, those nimble fingers had made quick work at getting underneath the soft fabric and were beginning to gently down Sulli’s velvety skin as Soojung watched Sulli like a hawk. Sulli didn’t know how much more she could take: she had learned in the past to push herself to her limits each day, finding that exhaustion was one way of dealing with not getting too aroused by the Jung’s normally extremely seductive ways at school, but today was different. Today Sulli was already sick, she was already tired, but there wasn’t anything for her to do to deflect her mind away from Soojung, in other words, Sulli couldn’t distract herself from anything other than the sensation of those fingertips tracing down her skin. 

 

And she can feel the start of her rapid heart beat going off like a runner in a race.

 

If I can’t have you, I might die, I might go crazy, I don’t know what will happen.

 

“Is that so?” Soojung whispers in Sulli’s ear, pressing her body against Sulli’s back and hugging her around her middle. In her mind, Sulli explodes at the feeling of Soojung against her. She waits for Sulli’s breathless nod before she continues, “What can I do to help you feel better?”

 

The only medicine is you. 

 

Sulli keeps shut, for she doesn’t trust her trembling lips to deliver something appropriate to Soojung’s ears. “Sulli, tell me,” a warm hand slips beneath her sweater, and Sulli leans her head back on Soojung’s shoulder, unable to stop herself from reveling in lust, “What can I do, baby?” A kiss presses itself to Sulli’s exposed neck, and the last thing Sulli thinks before she’s slowly dragged from the depths of her dream is: I can’t live if I lose you.

 

And so she slurs softly against the fading shoulder, “Don’t leave.” And Sulli would have done anything on the face of the Earth to stay in that dream for just a few more seconds. Because anytime Soojung touches her, she feels as if she would die if Soojung lets go of her, and in Sulli’s eyes, Soojung is definitely worth dying, or even killing for, even in dream form. Even if it’s not for real.