Chapter 9

Me, My Boy, and My Fiance

Now we were on the way back to our apartment. Even though I wished her mother not to be there, another part of me wanted to see her mother’s expression when I brought her home. With a ‘surprise’. I gazed at her from the rear view mirror. She clutched onto her hand tightly. I softened at the view. I shouldn’t grip her hand fiercely. I shouldn’t...

“Chan...Chanyeol, are you serious about this? You...you don’t need to do this.” She said in a low voice but I could hear enough what she said. I saw Chanyeol with the corner of my eyes.

“Let him do everything, Youngiie. Prove that he’s good enough to be your husband.” I sneered.

“I hate you. How can you be this rude, Luhan? At home you are...you are...”

“I was what?” I sharpened my voice.

“Nothing.” She was taken a back for a moment.

At this moment, Chanyeol, who was sitting beside me, just kept quiet. Maybe he was thinking about what he should say to her mother?

Then we reached our apartment. I walked out first from my car to open the backseat door, but Chanyeol opened it first. Oh okay, I don’t need to do it.

I walked in front of them. Let alone the couple planning something. When we arrived at our apartment. I searched the key in my trouser pocket, but there was none. In my jacket pocket too. I turned around, facing the couple. Looking at Hee Young intensely. I don’t want to be known as a forgetful person. In front of him to be exact. At first Hee Young just looked at me quizzically but then she said “Aaah..” softly and smiled. She took a key from her bag.

“Here.”

“Thanks.” I muttered and my heel and opened the door. I heard she said about ‘always forget about the key’ fuzzily. Oh...like you really really know me, Hee Young..

“Welcome to our apartment, Chanyeol..” I smiled proudly and he just rolled his eyes.

“So...where’s your mother?” he asked to Hee Young instead of walking into the living room. I glanced at my watch.

“She’ll be arriving any moment.” I smiled. And the bell rang. “Well...I think it is her.” I opened the door. There her mother and suprisingly with my father standing in front of the door.

“A...appa? I thought you are still in your office at this hour?” I stuttered.

“I don’t think I said I was expecting an outsider to you, Luhan?” her mother snapped. I looked at behind me and found Hee Young standing behind Chanyeol. Oh...and they were holding hands too.

“He wants to meet you, Eommoni.” I smiled. I looked at my father’s expression. He looked so calm. Well, he always stays calm in every moment. He walked past me. His eyes immediately drawn to the man beside Hee Young.

“Are you Chanyeol, Park Jun Sa’s son?” he suddenly shook his hand. I rolled my eyes. Such a greeting.

“Ne..ne,” Chanyeol answered awkwardly.

“Let me thank you for taking care of Hee Young, but please  stay away from Hee Young as far as you can. You know that she has fiance and soon to be her husband. I don’t hate you, Chan Yeol ssi.” He smiled kindly.

“No! Abeoji, he’s been my boyfriend for two years and he loves me like I love him. I was taken care by him for the most difficult times in my life. Eomma...,” Hee Young stepped in to the conversation. I half smiled half annoyed.

‘Luhan is a caring man too. But he doesn’t love me just like Chanyeol does.” She continued and I tried to stop her by glaring at her, but she just averted her eyes from me.

“Said who?” Hee Young’s mom gave me a questioning look. I rather looked at Chan Yeol than saw her mother’s judging look.

“Eomma, please. Let me do what I want. Just this once.” Hee Young pleaded at her, even kneeling in front of her. I looked at her mother, expecting her to be angry or dissapointed. But now I saw a hint of sadness and regret.

“This won’t do. This is useless, son. We will just go home right now. And you,” my father pointed at me. I gulped. “You better think again about your feeling towards her.”

What is exactly my feeling towards her? I don’t hate her nor I love her. I just want this weird engagement to be cancelled. Even though I’m ready to settle down and have family, I don’t want my fiancee has another man.

***