Chapter 6

Me, My Boy, and My Fiance

Chan Yeol's POV

I waited for Hee Young at the small cafe in the bookstore she stated awhile ago. I smiled widely as I was thinking about meeting her. I miss her so much.

I looked outside and smiled when I saw her walking towards the bookstore. I raised my hand to wave at her but stopped when I saw someone behind her. Is that that Luhan guy she’ll be marrying to?

“Hee Young..” I called softly as I pulled her into my arms. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me.

“I miss you...” we said in unison. She chuckled again and I tightened the hug. I totally forgot she brought someone here, too. Speaking of the devil...

“Ahemm...” The voice of someone behind Hee Young sounded. She stiffened a little and pulled me away, but still held my left hand for a little support.

“I...I forget to introduce him.” She stammered. I gently rubbed on the back of her hand in circular motions to reassure her.

“Here. Luhan, this is Chanyeol. Chanyeol, this is Luhan.” She smiled awkwardly. I knew it. Who was gonna be calm when her soon to be husband meet her boyfriend. I wasn’t neither was she. I tried to be calm and smiled at Luhan.

“Chanyeol.” I shook his hand.

“Luhan. Pleased to meet you.” He said calmly.

“I think...you should go now, Luhan? Me and Chanyeol will look for some stuffs here. I think...you didn’t need something in here, right?” She asked. Her face was full of hope.

At the same time, there was a familiar ring. She averted her eyes from Luhan to her phone and gulped.

“Who is it, Youngiie?” I asked.

“Err...my mom. Wait a moment.” She walked away from us. I cleared my throat.

“Have a seat.” I offered.

“So....When will the wedding be held?” I asked. He gasped.

“How...how do you know?”

“I know. Well...I just knew it from her eyes.” I chuckled. “I....can’t promise her if I can convince her mom.” I averted my gaze to the big glass window. I already ruined her family. I can’t ruin her happiness by promising something I uncertain to do. I just love her so much.

“Wait....what did exactly you want to say?” Luhan asked. I felt dumbfounded for awhile.

“I...”

“I know your background quite well even though we just met. And your father too, Chanyeol-ssi. And I know the reason why you can’t even convince her mom. Look what you’ve, or maybe I should say, your father’s did to her family.”

“That’s not even a fault to blame to my family. That’s just the truth that her father had a mistake and was sentenced to a prison.” I gnashed my teeth. This was just an old story I should deal with.

“Wow...calm down,man. I was just telling. Well...I kinda hate this too. Because who will like being engaged to someone so emotionless? I don’t like it.”

“Hee Young isn’t emotionless.”

“Aah...whatever it is. Well...I offer you a help. You can convince her mom and I don’t need to marry her.”

“Thank you but I don’t need your help, Luhan-ssi. I think I can do it on my own.” I faked a smile.

“Just think it carefully, Chanyeol-ssi. I barely see your move towards her mom.” He smirked.

“I...”

“Luhan, my mom wants to talk to you.” Hee Young approached us and gave the phone to Luhan. I thought this would be difficult even if it was just a shopping.

“Youngiie...What are you looking for here? You need something?” I her hair. Let’s just forget the problem about it for awhile.

“O..okay. Let’s go to the stationery section.” She hugged my arm and pulled me slowly to follow her. I looked at Luhan who watched us left. His gaze followed us or should I say that his gaze full of longing at her? Or maybe it was just my feeling?