Chapter 8

Me, My Boy, and My Fiance

Hee Young's POV

I turned my head and saw someone hiding behind the shelves. I gulped. Is that Luhan? No. I told him to leave. Chanyeol patted my back reassuringly. I smiled shyly at him.

“Now we’re hand in hand. Come close to me. Then I hug your waist from the side. And you hug my shoulder. Let’s have some time alone.” Chanyeol hugged me from my side. I turned around just to meet his brown eyes gazed lovingly at me. I hugged him and said, “Should I lose you just because you can’t convince my mom..?” I sighed desperately and unconsciously dropped my shopping bag to the carpeted floor. I felt him shaking his head.

“No. Of course not. But...I need time. And...maybe...your Luhan can help us too?” he asked. I pouted and muttered, “Geez...don’t you dare call him as mine.” He laughed at my complain. I thought for awhile then pulled away but still enfolded myself in his arms.

“Ah...Why should we include him in our plan?” I groaned.

“Well...he is your mom’s favourite.” His answer made me burst out laughing.

“And...he does care for you but doesn’t like this engagement or maybe doesn’t like to be engaged to you. And I relieved to know the fact about it.”

“It’s the same thing, Chanyeol. Okay, so we’ll ask his help?”

“You don’t love him, do you?” Chanyeol’s face got closer as he interrogated me. I giggled softly and pecked him on lips.

“I don’t even like him.”

***

So I walked to the cashier with Chanyeol following behind me. I gave my stuffs to the cashier woman and waited. Sometimes Chanyeol rested his chin on the top of my head or leant on me. I just smiled at the woman, wishing that she didn’t mind about the man behind me.

“Come on..” I took his hand and stopped near the barrier between the cafe and the path.  I scanned the front area of the cafe. Maybe Luhan has gone home? Well...that’s good actually.

“You arenot going back to Luhan? I think he is waiting for you and he has your phone with him.” Chanyeol reminded me. I laughed blandly and said, “It’s actually not my phone anyway. Better to give it back to the owner.”

“Okay. So let’s go to the cafe?” Chanyeol smiled and we entered the cafe hand in hand. In the middle of choosing the right comfortable table I went first and he followed behind. I searched excitedly but then stopped to the corner of the cafe. There were just a few people and I quickly noticed that someone with his back facing me was Luhan.

“Why do you suddenly stopped, Youngiie?” Chanyeol’s voice was just loud enough for him to hear. And yes, he turned his back and saw me. I flinched at his smirk.

“O..oh...Luhan-ssi.” Chanyeol smiled awkwardly and gave me a quizzical look. I shrugged my shoulder and looked at Luhan who turned his expression to an innocent one.

“Luhan, why are you still here..?” I faked a sweet smile at him. Something I never do in front of him before. At first he seemed a bit lost and I didn’t know why but then he returned my smile by grinning. Something I never see from him too.

“Well....we should go home now. Your mother...I think she is about to visit us?” he suddenly grabbed my arm which was holding by Chanyeol too.

“Hey! What are you doing?” Chanyeol burst out. I patted his chest, reassuring him and warned him by giving him a hopeless glance. Please not now, not in front of many people..

“It’s not your business, Chanyeol-ssi. “ Luhan said sharply and I just rolled my eyes because of it.

“Hee Young is mine. So I should be involve in every single thing about her.” I looked up to see Chanyeol and blushed because of his words. But I still tried to stop him. I don’t want him to be hurt.

“Chanyeol...Please, I don’t want you to...”

“Oh, you wanna be involved in this business, Chanyeol-ssi?” He smirked. Uh oh not a good sign. I tried to pull my arm away, but he was just too strong and he dragged me to go closer to him. It’s hurt, mind you.

“Why don’t you come with us?” My eyes nearly popped out of my head as I listened to his words. I shook my head at Chanyeol. And he just smiled at me sadly.

“Maybe it’s just the time. Okay. I come with you.”

***