Chapter 1

Me, My Boy, and My Fiance

Chan Yeol POV

I watched as she folded her clothes on the bed. I smiled fondly and wrapped my arms around her shoulder.

“Are you really ready to leave?” I asked softly. She slowly shook her head and caressed my palms.

“I don’t want to leave you alone here. Who will take care of you? You should join me. Well... he lets me invite someone to accompany me since he’ll rarely be home.”

“But your mother will never allow me to.” I poked her nose playfully.

“Since when you become like this anyway? You even forced me to sleep here to be your personal nurse.” She chuckled.

“But I should respect your mother’s request. Well... I live alone here. I don’t have anyone but you.”

“Stop your habit please...I can’t bear it again, okay?” she sighed softly and I looked down to see her face and smiled. Her cheek were tinted pinkish when she said that.

“What habit?”

“Chanyeol...”

“Neee...”

“I’ll leave you if you keep pushing me. You are heavier than me by the way.” She suddenly tickled my arms.

“No...no..no...”

Then I pulled her down on the bed and inhaled the sweet scent of her short hair. No...I don’t want her to leave me for that kind of job. I shook my head.

“You won’t leave me, Hee Young-ah.” I kept her on my arms.

“Chanyeol-ah...”

“No...Not in his house. Not in his house. Alone.” She patted my palms and uttered something. I didn’t really hear it.

“....This too.” She kept looking at the ground as I swang her body softly.

“Hmm...?” I stopped and watched her face carefully.

“I hate this too. I hate to be his fiancee, Chan Yeol. I don’t want him. I just want you...” I hugged her tightly and whispered, “Me, too, Hee Young-ah.”

***

I opened my eyes just to find the empty space beside me. Hee Young has left. I stared at it as I imagined Hee Young lies on it. It’s been a week after she left, yet she never calls or texts me. Usually she always texts or even calls me at the right time she reached his house. She never reply my calls and messages too. She won’t forget me, will she? I’m the love of her life.

I stared at my phonescreen and surprised because an unknown number called me at this hour. Who is this...

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Chanyeol! Finally I can call you. Oh my gosh how I miss you...”

“Hee Young? Is that you?” My eyes started watery and I blinked.

“Ne...This is me! Chanyeol, you couldn’t believe me, but I have some business about...”

“You shouldn’t talked about our business to him, Youngiie.” I frowned at how he called her. I became aware of that voice. I know who that someone is...Near her...At this hour... Who’s again except..

“Luhan. You didn’t allow me to call him ever since I stepped my feet at this house. Don’t be like this just because my mother knew you allowed me to sleep at his apartment last week. That’s not my fault yet you were angry at me and forbid me to call him.” I listened carefully to her rant about Luhan. I weakly smiled. At least I can hear her voice and know she is fine there.

“Well..Hee Young..I..” I slowed and rubbed my temple.

“Chanyeol! You’re still there? I miss you. Miss you so...so...much.” I heard her sniffled and said, “Hey...Don’t cry, okay? I miss you too. Are you doing well in there? Is he treating you bad? He isn’t, is he?”

“No. I’m not doing well here since he took my phone. I can’t call you. Too bad my mother found out that I slept at your apartment and she said that...said that...” I heard her sniffled again and continued, “I can’t go anywhere freely now... She allows me if Luhan accompanies me.” I gulped. How could he be here if she goes with me? As a third wheel, I add.

“It’s so quiet in here. Well...It’s always quiet, but never it is when I have my phone near me so I can call or text you.” She said. I smiled and assured her, “We still can meet. Let him be the third wheel then.” She chuckled.

“Is he still there?”

“Nope. He went to the kitchen to get a drink for me.”

“He treats you nicely, huh.” I sighed. I couldn’t completely have her. Do you know why? Because of her mother. She has a perfect plan about them. Yet her daughter has a perfect plan about us. She never allows her to be near me because my father, who is a judge, sentenced her husband  to 15 years in prison. To manage a good life for her family she agreed to marry her daughter to her boss’s son. Well....it’s a long story. Even though she knew the reality I told her, she never hate me. Yes, we had some little fights but we could get back together, even stronger than before.

“You treat me better.” I felt she smiled through her phone.

“Is this his number? Where’s your phone?”

“Oh! I forgot to tell you again. So, after he got my phone, he always left it in his office. Now my phone is missing. Ugh! Chanyeol, you have no idea how much I hate his carelessness about things. I don’t have a phone right now.” I could imagine she pouting cutely now. I chuckled and said, “Your husband is rich. You can ask him to buy it for you.”

“Chanyeol...he isn’t my husband.” She hissed.

“Yes, he is.”

“No, he...”

“After all, he will be, he has to, even though you don’t love each other.” Sometimes I hate my stubborness.

“Chanyeol...I still love you. I’m sorry I couldn’t be beside you a week ago. I actually want to tell you something. I want to meet you tomorrow..” she sighed. Oh yeah..tomorrow is Saturday.

“And Luhan...?”

“Well...I think he will take me to your apartment, but he will leave us of course.”

“Okay. I’ll wait you until you come. See you soon, love...” I smiled fondly.

***