:Pack up

Jae's Journey

 

"Jaejoong, come on seriously? We've been friends a long time and you're going to not talk to me right now?" Yoochun held my arm stopping me from walking past him. I went out to get coffee and bumped into him. Being an FBI, he should have caught the damn that nearly killed my sister but no, he's out here drinking coffee and eating muffins with his palls. 
I glared at him. "You said that you're doing all you can to find that psycho that nearly killed one of the only family I have left but you're here chilling out with your buddies and you expect me to be calm about it? Get out of my way." I tried to push past him again but he stopped me. He is taller and stronger than I am but I won't show him that he could bully me like in high school. "Get out of my face!"
I pushed him hard, hard enough for him to slam his back onto the cafe's door. I ignore all the looks from the people inside and stride out after giving Yoochun a good glare. 
"Yoochun, you ok?" One of his cop friends, Yunho, helped him. "What the hell is your problem?" Yunho grabbed my arm pulling me back. Tugging my cap down lower I shoved him back. "Don't touch me."
Yoochun came between us and hissed in a low voice so only we could hear.
"We're causing a scene." he looked to Yunho. "Just let it go. He's having a hard time, you have to understand."
"I understand that he doesn't understand how hard you're working this case! You needed a break and here he is trying to drain every energy you've got because of his sister!"
 
I know I shouldn't blame him, I know that but who could I blame? No one found that driver, how could it even be possible?
Yoochun turned to me holding my shoulders. He looked right into my eyes and I knew it wasn't his fault, that I shouldn't treat him like this. But I need answers.
 
"We'll find that guy, Jae but I need my head to be clear. You have to understand, it's not easy for any of us."
 
 
I slide in my car. I have to keep my family safe, I have too. If I lose them, I don't know what I'll do. Hyuna nearly died, died the same way as them. Life can't be this cruel, it can't be. It can't take away the only family I have the same way it took away my parents.
Hyuna and Kai don't really remember what happened to our parents, I told them so little. They don't have to know that much. It was our past and I want it to stay in our past so that we can move forward.
Hyuna is still accused of drunk driving though, it's all rumors but rumors hurt. She's keeping it together when she found out but I know she's hurt by it. What can I do to help her? I don't know what to do. There's so much a big brother could do to help his siblings. I don't have that much power, let alone for myself. 
 
I took my pills from my glove compartment swallowing one down, started the engine and I drove myself home to the two people that's waiting for me. I know just by looking at them, I'll feel better.
 
--
 
Here I am looking at BMW's for my sweet little sister that demand that I pick one myself and not ask Junsu to call for one like how he picked Kai's car. Junsu is great at picking cars and so am I, but who has time to personally go to the damn place and pick one? No one does that nowadays.
But since I love that princess so much, I'll do it and I could modify it while I'm here anyways. The car needs a little adjustments, like, tinted windows and stuff like that.
 
"All the models are the same. Just pick one and let's leave!" Kris leaned on one BMW crossing his arms. He was annoyed with me being here. We're supposed to be out chilling with the guys but here I am. I could just say what car I wanted and tell them what I wanted changed or added but no, I wanted to annoy him. He likes Hyuna, but her demands sometimes could be a little much.
"Please don't lean on the car, sir." one salesman warned with a smile. Kris rolled his eyes and pushed off it. I chuckled. "Don't be such a pain in the . I need to choose wisely. If you've forgotten, Hyuna was in a car accident."
"Of cause I didn't forget that. Who do you think I am? Freaking hell." he waved his hand at one black BMW. "What about this one? It's the same model as the one that you nearly picked before this." he said sacastically. 
"It's black. Hyuna wants cherry red." I said dryly walking to the other side of the showhall. Kris barked shocking the other buyers and salesmen. "Tell them you want cherry freaking red then! DAMN!"
"This is more fun than I thought." I bit my lip to suppress my laughter as Kris stomped behind me. 
 
To tell you the truth, I already picked the car. But don't go telling him that.
 
 
Kris sighed opening the driver side door of a BMW. Shutting it he scratched the side of his head nervously. I haven't had trouble with people with that same topic in awhile and I know someone would start sooner or later but I won't go telling Kris to just speak his mind. 
 
"You ok right?" he asked and somehow, I know he's not talking about my sister. If it was, he would just cut with the chase. Know how Hyuna was and if she asked about him. But no, he's not.
"Hyuna's fine so I'm alright." I replied moving to another line of cars. He followed behind me. "That's not what I meant and you know it. Haven't you heard from her?"
Raking my hair back I shoved my hands in my jean pocket. "I have more important things to think about than think of her, Kris. She's not in my life anymore. I thought everyone knows that?"
"Well, I saw her having dinner with a dude while I was out with Amber and Henry." Kris stood beside me looking at a white car I'm looking at. I grumbled. Stab me with a knife in the heart why don't you.
"So? It's none of my business what she does. I don't even want to know about it." I turned to him growling. "Why can't you people forget about her and not push her in my face whenever you get the chance."
His eyebrows furrowed. "Well because we know that you're making a mistake. It's funny that you love the damn girl but you pushed her away like that. Like it was nothing."
"Because I don't care about her!" I shouted. Kris flinched back. I bit my lip embarrassed with my outburst apologizing to the people around me before glaring at Kris. I wanted to say more to him, tell him off but I'm so tired of this. I'm tired. 
Sighing, I turned away and walked out of the building.
"I'm sorry dude, but I'm just worried about you. You're not a man that speaks his heart, you know? Keeping things and being so selfish with yourself is never a great thing to do. You have to talk to me, or talk to any of us. We don't want to lose you."
I softened. I am such a chick. 
Forcing a smile, I patted his shoulder as we reached our cars. 
"I'm fine, really. Don't worry so much. If I'm not ok, would I be hanging out with any of you and laughing most of the time? I'm happy." I said trying to sound as convincing as possible. Kris looked at me like he didn't believe me but he waved it off knowingly. "If you're sure. Now let's go, the guys are waiting."
"Let's go." I chuckled walking to my car and he walked to his.
 
--
 
After bringing Hyuna for her check up, I rolled her through our door but was stopped by Kai that had an amused look on his face. I raised my brow. "What?"
Pointing his thumb at our living room he lowered his voice. "Are you seriously giving sis that driver?" Hyuna turned to me and back to Kai. "Is he an ogre or something? Don't scare me." I shook my head. "I'm not 'Giving' her anything. I 'got' her a driver to drive her around when she's still in her casts. I told you this already." I wheeled Hyuna past Kai that walked beside me. He leaned close to my ear. "Sis is going to eat him alive, you know that right?"
I rolled my eyes. I don't care what she does. As long as she's happy than I'm happy.
 
When we got to our living room, the driver stood up to greet us and I hear Hyuna gasp or squeak, I don't know. I knew I got the right one for her.
"Glad to see you again Jaebeom. Here, meet my sister. Hyuna, this is your driver, Jaebeom." I introduced. Jay shook her hand suppressing a grin as she was obviously gawking at him. "Call me Jay, Jay Park. Glad to be at your service Miss Hyuna."
Kai was already snorting as I gestured us to sit and Hyuna was still gawking at her new driver.
"Jay here, will be your driver. He'll drive you anywhere you want, just tell him and he'll be there. He's a bodyguard too, so don't go anywhere without him. He's fully trained and I trust him." It was like talking to a wall. I sighed and snapped my fingers in front of her face snapping her out of it. "Are you listening to me? Don't go anywhere without him."
"Oh- Oh! Yes, of cause, I will never go anywhere without him. He'll be there with me at all times!" She nodded enthusiastically and I chuckled. "Everywhere but your bedroom." Kai sang. Jay's face reddened as well as Hyuna's but she recovered quickly and threw a cushion at him making us laugh.
"He's just playing with you." I looked at Jay as he coughed in his fist.
 
After pushing her into her room and Kai going to his own. I pulled Jay to my office. He sat in front of my desk as I took out the car keys from my drawer. 
"Since her BMW is not ready, you'll be driving one of my cars at the moment." I handed him the keys to my Jaguar XJ. Hope he takes care of my baby, I rarely drive that but it's still my car.
"Yes sir." he pocketed the keys.
"When I say wherever she goes, I mean wherever. Travel with her if she wants too. I pay you enough. Wear casually, blend in. Report to me when there's suspicious s around. I'm not telling you to spy on her, just keep her safe." I move around my desk leaning my hip at the edge. Jay nodded. I know I can trust him on this.
"I understand sir."
I waved my hand lazily in front of me. "Don't be so formal Jaebeom. I am your employer but I'm also your friend." I chuckled. He smiled giving a small shrug. "That was how I was trained. Hard to shake off sometimes."
"I understand. Don't worry about it." I stood straight and held out my hand. He stood and took mine in his giving it a good shake. "Just take care of my sister. Keep her safe."
"I will.." stepping back he looked over his shoulder then back to me. I tilted my head questioningly. "Say whatever it is you want to say, Jay."
"But, what about your brother?" he asked. 
My brother? He doesn't need a driver or a bodyguard. He's always with me. I can protect him.
"He'll be fine, he has me." 
 
--
 
Opening the door to our kitchen I beamed at my siblings that's eating breakfast around the dinning table. Even Jay is here pouring himself a cup of coffee. He has been Hyuna's driver for weeks now.
"Pack up kids, we're going for a holiday~"
Hyuna and Kai turned to each other with their forks halting in front of their lips. Like I expect of my little kids, they screamed.
"FINALLY!!" "ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP!!" they hugged each other on their chairs.
 
I laughed turning to Jay that was laughing at the two as well sipping his coffee.
A family trip is long due and since Hyuna is still healing, I think it's a good time to go chill out somewhere warm and sunny. All of us need this.
 
 
 
 

 

*Appearance: Jay Park, Yunho DBSK, Yoochun JYJ, Kris EXO, Amber & Henry SJM