:Butterfly

Jae's Journey

 

 A few days more Hyuna woke up and as I suspected, she was annoyed and asked for a brush for her hair. Kai was ordered to braid it for her as she laid down. He was basically her personal nurse, he'll do anything and go anywhere for her, get anything she asked. I was proud. This is what family does for one another.
I've seen my friends and their siblings, none of them are as close as my own. Some of them don't even talk to each other, so I'm the luckiest man alive. Truly blessed.
 
"Stop trying to walk around right now, Princess, or I'll ask them to restrain you to the bed." I warned lightly and she huffed making me chuckle. Cute. I pinched the tip of her nose. "Stop fighting it and you'll heal faster. Shops around the world are opening as you slept. You're missing the action little lady."
"It's not my fault I'm on this bed, broken. That damn driver was probably blind or something!" She winced rubbing her forehead with her un casted arm. "Ow."
Kai frowned, reached over and pressed the button. Hyuna glared at him. "I sleep enough brat."
"You need to sleep, sis. I know your head hurts." He worried. I nodded. "Your thick skull needs to heal." I smoothed back her bangs as she scowled at me. I smiled as the nurse cranked up the drip and soon she's snoozing away again. She'll be pissed but it's for her own good. I'm amazed that that thick head of hers could crack. Maybe I shouldn't say these things.
 
--
 
I looked up at the cloudless sky, I breathed in deep. I know I can't avoid this, I stalled as long as I could but she kept calling me. Even knowing that Hyuna was in the hospital she still wanted to see me. She sounded urgent but my sister was more important. But since Hyuna is awake and being herself again, I can't avoid her anymore.
I leaned myself on my car as I waited for her.
Her VW stopped beside my car and she stepped out with wary eyes on me. She looked nervous, but she always looked nervous around me.
"Thank you for meeting with me Jae." She reached for a hug but I pulled away quickly. "Like I have a choice? What do you want Taeyeon."
Bitting her lip, her eyes starts to water. I tried not to show that I was worried clenching my jaw tightly as I waited.
"I'm in trouble and I don't know who to turn too." she choked back a sob. Looking up, her eyes was pleading I can't handle women asking for help like this. Especially if they are women I knew intimately. "I made....mistakes."
My eyes narrowed. She was never a trouble maker, what mistakes could make her come to the point of asking me for help? Before I could ask, she answered for me.
"I need money Jae. I owe money and they're out to get me. I need help. Please, you're the only one that could. I'm scared." she gripped my hand as tears ran down her cheeks. My jaw tightened. How stupid could she be..
"How much." I sighed looking away a second than back to her wide surprised eyes. "How much Taeyeon." The faster I help, the faster she'll leave so that I could get back to my siblings. If they knew I'm here right now, they'll be be disappointed with me. They know how I am, how I would help even the most hated person in my life. I could be an , the devil as they called me. But I will help even so and sometimes that could get me in trouble.
Biting her lip, she let my hand go. "100,000." her voice whispered and I cursed pushing my hair back. "Really? 100 damn 1000? Are you ting me Tae? The were you thinking!?"
"I needed it! I thought I could pay them back!" she sobbed. Cursing, I pulled her into my arms. "Stupid girl. Stupid stupid girl Tae. How could Kai and Hyuna even start to like you when you're being such a stupid girl?" her sobs lasted awhile as I waited for her to calm down. 100,000? Seriously? I'd rather not know what she did to be in this . Seriously..but she told me anyways. 
"My boyfriend gambled, I needed to pay for the bills but he asked for more. He stole my money, the money I saved for University. You know how long I've saved. I worked my off and it's gone just like that. I'm sorry!"
"Shh, it's ok. Everything is going to be alright." 
What a bastard. If I cared a little bit more, he would probably be beaten to a-
Taeyeon snuggled into my chest and I froze. The is she doing? I pulled her off me and she looked at me with teary eyes. 
"I missed you Jae. I really do. I'm glad to see you again. You're as caring as ever." she smiled. I frowned. Caring? She's really stupid isn't she? This is not caring, as much as I knew. I'm not caring. I'm not. I'm the devil. I use people, I use women. The only people I care about are my siblings. They're the only ones that deserves my love, the only ones that I will give my love to.
"That's the last thing I am, Tae." Backing up, I unlocked my door. "I'll text you when I have transferred the money." I waited for her nod. "Don't worry anymore. After the money is with you, get yourself enrolled in that University you wanted. Leave the damn bastard Tae, I mean it."
And with that, I slid into my car and drove off leaving her standing there.
 
--
 
 
I turned to my brother as he played his electric guitar with the feel I know that's deep in his heart as I sung my new song 'Butterfly'. A song for us, the three of us. A song he wrote himself in Australia.
My heart expand as I sung the lyrics of his heart, his soul that he keeps hidden sometimes. Only these times I could see the color he hides inside, the thoughts he doesn't express are in the songs he writes.
 
Enjoy the joy of life
Let go of the boring life
Dear butterfly that only 
follows sweet scents
Too good for it, that’s 
the only thing you can do
 
Spent the boredom of hell
A butterfly’s ovvious 
suffocating shriek
Over the running 
pain on me (wings)
Will open the wings and fly up
 
Tears threatened to escape as I gaze at the enthusiastic crowd of another sold out concert. Hyuna came too, waiting for us in my dressing room. She's all better now and is released from the hospital. She still has to be pushed with a wheelchair which she hates to the core about but I'm glad she's here.
Kai's voice accompanied me with this song. 
My heart ached, all the things and people I love are here. Right here on this stage and place. The chants, screams, this is what I love. I will never get bored with this life.
 
Butterfly! Butterfly~
 
I sang the last words of the song with my brother and the crowd roared.
This is what it's all about right here. This day is perfect.
 
 
 
 
"WHAT!? No party?" Hyuna shrieked when I rolled her towards my car after the concert. Kai bowed in laughter. "You want to party with a broken leg and arm?" I rolled my eyes carrying her off her wheelchair bridal style as Kai folded it and placing it in the trunk. She frowned. "I can sit at the corner you know."
"Sis, don't be ridiculous." slamming the trunk shut, Kai opened the back door for me. Gently, I lowered her into the seat. She's scowling at me, this brat. I ignored her and shut the door seeing her stick her tongue out at me. Oh boy.
Kai was still laughing when he sat himself in the front seat. He held out a bottle over his shoulder. "Thirsty, sis?"
"No, Jae practically left me in a mountain of food and people to wait on my hand and foot. I won't be able to walk when I'm able to take off the casts from how fat I'll become." I glanced at her from the rearview mirror and laughed when she sneered at me. "Thanks lovely brother. I know you like me fat and heavily clothed."
"You're welcome, little lady." I high fived Kai that howled in laughter again. She hit Kai's headrest with her unhurt arm. "Jerks!"
 
I drove us towards home,  quietly listening to my siblings chat with each other before remembering what I wanted to tell my dear sister.
"Oh, you are not driving that little tiny Mini anymore. I'm getting you a better car, safer car." Kai snorted. "She can't even drive that car anymore, it's totally trashed."
"You and your smart mouth." I muttered. I looked into the rearview mirror to my sister that was already smiling. "Yes, you're getting a new car, little lady."
"What? Like Kai's Porsche or your R8?" She asked hopefully. I smile and nodded. "Anything but it can't be small. Maybe, not Kai's. I can get you an Audi like mine if you want."
"I want a BMW, can I have that?" she asked. Kai turned to me. "BMW M3 series? That car is hot and is damn safe."
She gasped clapping her hands excitedly. "I've seen that car! Oh can I, Jae?"
I chuckled. "For my sister, of cause you can. What color?"
"Red." "White." Kai and Hyuna said at the same time. She scowled. "Am I getting a car or you're getting one Kai. Shut up." She turned back to me beaming. "Red!"
"I was just trying to help." Kai muttered under his breath. I shook my head. Looking through the rearview mirror, I smiled again catching her smiling eyes. "Red it is but you're getting a driver while you heal." She gasped wide eyes and I knew what was coming. 
Here comes the complaints. Awesome. But it wouldn't be my sister if there weren't any, so, I'm all ears and a headache.

 

 

 

*Appearance: Kim Taeyeon