:Devil

Jae's Journey

*this chapter is a little nuts. Sorry*

 

 

I burst through the double doors frantically searching for a familiar face while my heartbeat punched my ribs with every beat. I must look deranged with my hair a mess and my eyes so wide with panic. But who the wouldn't!
I spotted that Hanbyul dude and one of her friends, Suzy. 
"What the happened?" Trying to ask calmly is out of the window, I'm literally screaming in their faces. They flinched and shook their heads as Suzy sniffled with new tears streaming down her face. Hanbyul held her by her shoulders.
"We got back this morning but we planned to eat before heading home, it was noon when we left the restaurant." she sniffled again her voice wavering as fresh tears streamed. "We were driving like normal, we were not even speeding. You know how Hyuna drives, she's a snail compared to me. But..." she falters and I stopped breathing waiting for her to explain why my little sister is in the hospital. How could this happen.
Hanbyul squeezed her shoulder and continued for her. "Out of nowhere...we were rammed forward. Hyuna....Hyuna's side hit a pole, she was knocked out. We tried to wake her, we don't even know what injuries she had. We just got out with scratches. I'm so sorry, Jae.."
I stood, frozen. Rammed? 
"The car. The other car, who was it? Was the person hurt too?" I asked swallowing down the lump in my throat. I can't break down in front of them. They need someone strong here.
"I don't know, we asked but the police said the car is gone." Hanbyul rubbed his forehead trying to remember. 
"A hit and run?" my voice was barely a whisper. How could it be? Who would do such a thing?
"The police is investigating but right now, they have no clue. Eye witnesses said it was a Range Rover that hit us. With a big machine like that hitting a normal car like ours, we were lucky." he breathed in deep. He must be remembering that second.
 
I want to comfort them, but I felt like my whole world is crashing and if I touch them, I'll break.
Kai came rushing in looking like the same second a doctor walked out. All of us scrambled to him as he pulled down his mask looking at each of us.
 
"Where's her parents?" he asked and I step forward. "I'm her brother. Tell me what's happening with my sister." It's more than asking, I literally ordered him to tell me. He didn't seem to notice as he nodded.
 
--
 
Me and Kai walked into her ward and what welcomed us literally made my heart stop. Kai was already sobbing on her bedside gripping her hand and pleading her to wake up.
I just watched my siblings, one on her bed with a neck brace. Her left leg is in a cast. Her beautiful face is cut up and bruised. The doctor said that she had a concussion but she is stable. Only time will tell when she would wake.
The beeping and the sound of Kai's cries made me shut down. I have to be strong, I have too. I can't shut down now.
Shaking off that weakness, I walked to the other side of her bed and smoothed back her bangs. I chuckled inside. She would be so annoyed when she wake up, she hated bad hair days and her hair is basically a birds nest right now.
 
Leaning down a little, I whispered. "Hey little lady, you are in so much trouble when you wake up." I playfully teased taking her other hand in mine and giving it a light squeeze. Kai held her lifeless hand on his cheek calming down slightly. "Yeah sis, big trouble. The second you weak up, I'm going to punish you with kisses and hugs and I'm going to call the best surgeon to join us at the hip."
I looked at him and shook my head with a smile. What is he saying, this weird kid.
 
For days, we stayed by her side hoping that she would wake up. Saying silly things to her knowing it would annoy her. Kai kept telling her how there's new shops opened in countries and she's not even there.
I would say how if she doesn't wake up, I'm going to throw all of her ridiculous clothes away and buy her granny nightgowns and mom jeans.
 
My heart ached when she still slept away and I had to leave for the concert tomorrow. I don't want to leave, what if she wakes up and I'm not there. They are my priority but I can't possibly cancel a sold out concert. It would be only a day and I can be back beside her by midnight. I told Kai to stay by her side while I'm away and he agreed, of cause. He wouldn't even go shower without my forcing him out the door and threaten him a little.
 
--
 
Faking excitement for the crowd really takes a lot out of me. Hyuna never left my mind, my heart is with her and seeing that I'm here instead of being by her side really makes me a of an older brother.
"Thank you! You guys are awesome today!" I saluted to the screaming crowd with a big smile and walked off to the back of the stage. Instantly my smile disappeared and I ran to my dressing room. Changed and out to my car without another word. The crew knows, so I don't bother to announce my leaving. If they even dare to stop me, I'll fire them on the damn spot.
The hairs on the back of my neck raised as I got closer to my car and I spun around eyes wide in the dark parking lot.
"Who the is there?" I called blinking around, trying to focus but it's too dark and there's a lot of cars and vans around. My phone rang making me jump. "!" pulling it out from my pocket I answered. "What!?"
Curling my lips in I hissed into the phone. "I have no time for you right now." hanging up I strode towards my car and got in slamming the door shut. "What is she doing back here, she wasn't supposed to be here or even be calling me."
My phone rang again and I cursed the heavens for strength because seriously, I'm going to die early. Pulling out my phone again and answered after taking a deep breath in.
"I'm busy, Taeyeon. What is it?" I listened to her small voice and guilt filled me. I dragged my hand down my face with a sigh. "Fine. I'll call for place and time." I hung up and resting my forehead on the steering wheel.
 
--
 
I walked into the private ward silently with a bag of food in my hand. Placing it on the table at the end of the bed, I smoothed back Kai's blonde hair.
"Come, eat with me." I told him. He looked up with red tired eyes and my heart broke. "We're not going anywhere. I bought food. Come."
Kai looked at Hyuna again before standing up and joining me at the end of her bed. I took out all of the food on the table as he settled himself.
"It's late so I could only find a sushi stall, I know you like sushi so we're pretty lucky." I smiled but he bowed his head. "We're not lucky if she's not waking up yet." He mumbled. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "She's alive, Kai. That all that matters. She will wake up when she's ready."
He looked up at me with his eyes glazing over. "It's been a week, she should be ready by now." Kai swallowed and his breathing increased like something dawned on him. "What if.....What if she doesn't wake up?"
"Kim Jongin, don't ever say that. Your sister is stronger than you think, she will wake up. She just needs time to heal. I don't want her waking up in pain. Her body needs to fix itself."
"I'd rather see her awake than not, brother. I want to see her eyes, I want to hear her voice." He choked a sob and I got beside him in my arms in a flash. I swayed him from side to side as I smoothed his back calmingly. "I know, I know. Me too."
 
I curse the guy that did this to my sister. The damn police has no leads, how is that even possible! They got nowhere to search, no license plate number, no car. The disappeared, like a damn ghost? Did this to my sister and got away with it? The !
 
"It's going to be ok, she's going to be fine." Kai sobbed in my chest as I whispered to him.
 
--
 
"You have to find the bastard, Yoochun! Hyuna is in the hospital god damn it!" I screamed at him in his office when he told me they had nothing. It's been nearly 2 weeks now. Yoochun, my high school friend, an FBI from Seoul sighed. He pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly. "He's like smoke, Jae, we can't find anything. No license plate no nothing. I don't know how that happened."
"You're not doing your job properly! Hyuna is still-" I choked, taking a deep breath and swallowed the lump. Looking back at my friend that had pity and sorrow in his eyes, I turned away. "Find him, Yoochun." I whispered and walked out.
 
News got out that Kim Jaejoong's sister had gotten into an accident. Some even said that she was under the influence because the dumb cops had no leads. Accuse my precious sister of being drunk? My sister is smarter than that. My siblings are not mindless bastards that ruin their own lives! We have enough pain to last us a lifetime!
I need to let this out, I can't head back to the hospital fuming like this!
 
Whipping out my phone, I made a call. It is a bad idea, a stupid thoughtless thing to do right now but I have no choice. I have too....I need too.
"You know where to meet me." I hung up and got into my car.
 
My breathing was jagged, my eyes dilated as I knocked onto the hotel room door. My heart is full of pain that I want to forget, if only for a second. Let me not feel this, I can't handle it.
The door opened and before she could say a thing, I barged in and slammed her onto the wall. She grinned.
"Don't look at me." I growled. She sighed in content and lowered her eyes. "I will do whatever I want and you will accept it. Keep your eyes down and don't speak a word. I don't want to hear your ing voice, do you understand?"
Her smile stayed and her head was bowed as she nodded.
 
I feel like a bag, I feel like and my life is . The bright lights are my soul, but when it dims and the crowd disperse. All that's left is ugliness of what's left of me. 
And this is what is left when no one is looking.
The devil.

 

 

 

 

*Appearence: Miss A Suzy, LedApple Hanbyul & JYJ Yoochun*