Soccer , Man

My Ideal One

Her conscience won't let her be. Her heart keeps beating so fast that it scares her if something is wrong with it. But she can't blame them either. The only reason they're acting like that is because of a lad called Kim Jonghyun.

Key rolled sideways, hugging her dinosaur blankets, tucking herself to feel the warmth. Questions popped into her head and soon worry follows them. What if Jonghyun is mad at her? What if he's annoyed about all of the shopping she did earlier that day?

Glancing up to her digital clock on the nightstand, she read 02.14 AM on it. The dino-puppy entered his room at 8, not coming out even when called for dinner. What he was doing in his bedroom, nobody knows. Could it be that he's sulking? Is he that annoyed?

Giving up on sleep which she knows she can never get unless she makes sure everything is fine, she got up from her bed, out to the door. The lights are out and silence filled the usually loud dorm. Key tip-toed to Jonghyun's bedroom, turning the knob of his door slowly.

The once scary beat of her heart became even scarier with the fastened beats. Her lips dry from the sight. There he is on the bed, lying on his stomach, a drooling Kim Jonghyun sleeping with only his boxers on. His eyes are half-opened as usual. It is simply adorable and hot at the same time, if Key was to put it in words.

She opened his wardrobe, taking out a warm blanket from it, and covers his body with the warm blanket. He didn't even move one bit when Key tucked him in, dead flat on his comfortable bed. Key has to surpress her giggle as she saw the puppy slightly stuck out his tongue. He looks like he's having a peaceful dreamless night.

Intrigued, Key sat down next to his bed, watching the dino-puppy breath steadily in his sleep. She bravely poke his cheek with her pointer softly. "Are you really that tired?" she asked anyway even when knowing he won't respond. She ruffles his head. "Sleep tight, oppa."

Jonghyun groaned, his hand thrashing around, gripping onto Key's arm before he stills again. Key smiled as she gently took the dino's hand off her arm, putting it on top of his chest. Unable to keep it to herself anymore, she slouch down to kiss the boy on his cheek lightly before running away back to her room.

Letting her heartbeat calm down for a while, she leaned back on her bedroom door, smiling idiotically to herself. That is, until she holds her chest, coughing loudly and painfully a few times. Must be the cold.

................................................

Onew and Taemin slumped back into their seats, both arms folded in front of their chest, lips pouting, but eyes wavering, unable to look at the scary frog eyes which are glaring daggers into theirs. What the two is annoyed about the most is the fact that Choi Minho has called dibs, meaning they can't make a move at all on Gwiboon. Choi Minho has dibs on Kim Gwiboon.

The girl herself is in the kitchen, making breakfast for the SHINee boys as they wait for her in the dining room. She couldn't hear what they are talking about, but she is pretty sure they're bickering at that moment. She can only smile.

"Hyung!" Taemin decided to open his mouth. "Why can't I make a move on Gwiboon noona! That's not fair that you just ran into my room in the middle of the night, announcing your dibs!" Onew yelled 'yeah!' supporting what Taemin just said.

Minho straightened his back, making him even taller than before, intimidating Onew and Taemin. "She'll only look at you as a cute younger brother or her son like always, Tae!" he reasoned. "And she'll look after you like her old grandpa or something, hyung." he added. "I'm the only one her age, don't you think she would like me most?"

Onew straightened his back too. "Why would a grandpa be old?! They can be young too if their sons or their daughters have children early! Apologize to every young grandpa in the country!"

The froggy only rolled his eyes. He stopped immediately as he saw Gwiboon slowly putting their side dishes on the table, alongside with the pot of rice. The three of them threw her a sweet smile or either a gentle thank-you afterwards. Gwiboon went back to the kitchen to get the soup.

When she vanished inside the kitchen once again, Minho glares at the other two for throwing smiles. But the two remains flat-faced, trying to avoid his gaze. Instead, they turned their head to see the puppy with a bloated face joining them to the dining table, sitting next to Onew, mumbling 'good-morning' lazily.

"What hap-"

Taemin's words was cut off when the diva walked out from the kitchen, bringing out a pot of soup with her. She put it on the dining table before telling the boys to dig in. Onew happily picked up his chopsticks and started eating. Key sat herself next to Minho, going to eat her breakfast, that is until she saw the messy bloated face in front of her.

"What happened to you, Jjong?" she asked.

"You and your shopping addiction." the dino answered shortly.

Apparently, the diva hates eating with a bloated faced puppy in front of her. A washing cloth appears out of nowhere (nobody knows what else Key keeps inside the pocket of her apron), making its way to Jonghyun's face.

"W-what the h-" Jonghyun's face was attacked from each sides, the back of his neck held tightly by the diva. "K-key sto-" he didn't even get a say as the washing cloth is rubbed roughly againts his skin, trying to remove the sand in his eyes. "I'm not that d-dir-"

"Yes you are!" Key replied, not stopping at all. "You didn't wash yourself yesterday, did you? Aigoo, look at this dead skin!" she commented with her motherly voice.

The sight amused Onew and Taemin. No, not the sight of Key washing Jonghyun's face. But the sight of Choi Minho glaring into every skin of Jonghyun's that Key just rubbed. The tallest of the five scowled even more when he looked at the two who are looking back at him with the 'you-may-be-able-to-stop-us-but-good-luck-with-Jonghyun' look while grinning.

After she's finally satisfied with how clean the dino is, she went back to her seat and started eating alongside with the other boys. They talked about their schedules for the day. Taemin excitedly telling them that he has an interview for We Got Married, while Onew is going to the movies with Lee Joon. Jonghyun wants to sleep some more after breakfast.

A smile slyly appeared on the frog's face. "Hey, Gwiboon, wanna go play soccer with me? We could get ice cream afterwards." he saw the hesitant look on her face. "N-not that you have to play. You can just watch me. I heard Mir is coming to the park too today." he lured.

She brightened up immediately. "Then I would love too." she answered sweetly. "But don't you think Mir will get shocked when he finds out I'm a girl? Nobody can know about this."

"Just say you're Key's cousin. He'll believe you." Minho told her. She nodded, standing up from her seat, telling the others that she's full. Minho told her they'll be out by 2 PM and that she should be ready by then.

Onew and Taemin shrugs to each other and stand up too, finished with their breakfast. Jonghyun and Minho left the last, each going to their own rooms to prepare for the day. After all, it is the weekend, and they finally got the rare day off they almost never have.

Back in Key's bedroom, clothes are scattered anywhere. It's the first time she'll be getting ready to go out as a girl, dressing herself up. She doesn't really fancy the idea of sitting under the scorching sun, watching a bunch of guys running around in their sweaty t-shirts, kicking dirty ball to goal-posts. But the thought of being able to socialize with anyone other than the SHINee members after a while pleases her.

She her phone, texting Mir, asking if he'd be in the park too (to which the farmer-dol answered yes), then telling him to be nice to her 'cousin' cause she'll be there too (to which the farmer-dol replied O.O).

After conteplating for a while, Key settled for loose white t-shirt and a galaxy-patterned shorts. She matches it with a belt, not forgetting to wear 8 braceletts on both her arms, a long necklace of a bone on her neck. She's a total fashionista, a boy or a girl. Picking up her grey sneakers, she walked out of her room to look for her bag.

Jonghyun spat out his drink, seeing Key as she looks for her bag. Jonghyun counted that there might be around 10 guys including Minho at the park, all of them must be hunks with muscles as to why they play soccer in the first place. And Key wearing that short pants is not helping his case.

"Don't spit, oppa! Disgusting! Save it for our next concert!" Key scolded, telling the dino to clean it up.

"Don't you think that pants is too short?" Jonghyun ignored the diva's scolding.

Key looked down to her pants. She shook her head left and right. "No." she answered. "Remember when we were out to Hongdae? There are so many girls wearing pants shorter than mine right now."

"Change it."

"WHAT?" Key exclaimed, looking down to her pants and back to Jonghyun twice in shock. "Why would you say that? You bought me this yesterday!"

The dino gasped. "Just don't wear it! I don't approve of that! Look at your legs! It's soft, white, and just- You were a boy! You know our minds! Key, I can't possibly be there with you everytime! What if those boys ogle over you?!"

She looked up to him, sincere worry on his face. Key, I can't possibly be there with you everytime. "T-then d-do you wanna come? Minho said we'll go get ice cream afterwards right?"

...................................................

"I still don't understand why you'd come." Minho whispered to the shortest one of the three's ear as they walked side by side on the sidewalk, Key happily leading the way in front. "I told you I like her yesterday." he added angrily.

"Then do you want your 'crush' to sit by herself, letting other guys talk to her as you play soccer and didn't notice her?" Jonghyun reasoned. "Besides, I need an inspiration to write lyrics." he pat the backpack.

Minho isn't as stupid or as oblivious as both Key and Jonghyun are. He knows it's Jonghyun's way to keep the girl close to him. The older will pretend to be the good oppa who only wants to keep her safe, making Gwiboon fall for him slowly. If that's how he wants to play, Minho will play the same way starting tomorrow.

Arriving at the park, Key began her act, pretending to not know Mir, Jinwoon, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and a bunch or guys that she's actually close with. Jonghyun keeping close to her side, glaring at whoever whose eyes travelled down.

Soon, Key found a bench under a tree, which she ran to sit at, dragging Jonghyun with her. The other boys found the ball from Doojoon's bag and started kicking it everywhere. The people within the park back off soon when they realized the idols are playing there, decided to go home and give up the park for the poor idol with busy schedules. It was only them idols playing around in the park that day, having as much fun as they can have.

Taking out the notepad out of his backpack, Jonghyun opened it to the page he bookmarked with a green post it. He took a deep breath, inhaling the sweet scent of nature, relaxing himself before he take out his pencil and started wrecking for inspiration from his brain. It's a failure since he just can't concentrate with an adorable lady peeking from his shoulder.

"You should finish it soon, oppa." she smiled. "Then we can use it in our next album."

Jjong chuckled. "I wish I could, princess." he failed to notice the blush creeping up her cheeks. "But I just can't find the right lyrics for it."

The diva took the notepad out of the older's hand, reading the music scores written on the yellow paper. "The chorus goes 'Ppapa Ppapaa ppapa ppapa papa papalalalalalalalaaa'? This is a cheerful song then!" she concluded, Jonghyun nodded. "What is this song about then? What were you thinking when you wrote this?"

"I guess I was just happy." Jonghyun smiled, thinking about the day he and Key went to the amusement park, the boy just screamed whenever they ride something, he would cling on to Jonghyun, never letting go till the ride's over. He wrote the song that night before he sleep.

"What makes you happy?"

"Just the fact that a special someone would cling on to me, as if their lives depended on my arms, making cute shrieking noises next to me as we ride roller coaster, smile sweetly, showing their dimples after I fed them cotton candy." Jonghyun remembered those dimples in his head clearly.

Her face fell. "Humph. Sounds like an attention-seeking-." she spat out. Jonghyun should've known that she would be hurt if he speaks of someone like that. She doesn't care if the boy would stomp away after this, her mood is already bad anyway.

But to her surprise, Jonghyun laughed. "Glad you see that in yourself, Key."

"M-me?" she asked, her voice giving away how flattered she is. "You wrote that song thinking about me?" her heartbeat fastened as she looked at the adorable brown puppy orbs.

Just this once, she would love to put all her worries aside, focus on the most gorgeous man in her eyes. Forget about the fact that they're idols with no freedom to love however they like and whatsoever. Forget about the fact that the dino-puppy is most likely to hang out more with her because she's a girl now. Could it be that Jonghyun likes her when she was a guy too? He wrote a song for him. Does he have feelings for Kim Kib-

"I know! Then let's make it a song about friendship." way to ruin everything you dinosaur. Key cursed inside her head, stopping abruptly when she remembers that Jonghyun hates girls that curse.

The older boy began scribbling happily on his notepad, his eyes focused on the yellow paper in his hands, once or twice, looking up to the sky to think about what he should write next. One keyword in his head: Kim Kibum. Then a million of beautiful things will come up to his brain. Jonghyun loves what Key can do to him.

Key smiled sweetly, showing her dimples as she sat there, watching Jonghyun being immersed to his notepad, writing lyrics. It's about two special friends who are always there by each other's side no matter what happened. Her heart would fastened its beat everytime the older boy looked up to the sky and smile, finding inspiration out of thin air. Is he still thinking about her?

They just sat there next to each other peacefully. Jonghyun offered Key his earphone, to which the girl received happily. She had put in Ke$ha's songs, Taylor Swifts's and many more into the boy's iPod, just in case she forgot hers. Jonghyun would laugh shyly everytime the girl sing along to the song. He hates to admit it, but Key sounds iest when speaking english.

With both her ears covered with loud american musics, she did not hear the warning that Minho yelled at her. So when she looked up from the iPod, all she saw is a big soccer ball, heading straight to her face in a scary speed before everything turned black. And hot.

She sat there in a daze, everything black and the only sound she can hear is Avril Lavigne murmuring. She just sat there, feeling two heartbeats at once. Hers and someone else's. Both are beating rather unmatchingly. His heartbeat is slow, steady. While hers, is just out of control, jumping up and down, trying to burst out her chest.
At the same time, her head starts to feel so dizzy that she swears she almost passed out for a second there, letting her head fall to his chest.

The light went back to her eyes when she felt the person who was hugging her slipped away from her, his muscular arms leaving her back, back to his seat next to her. His hand travelled up to her cheeks, gently shaking her. "Key? You okay? Answer me, please?" he removed the earphone off her ears. Panic striked him as he saw the girl's pale face.

Blaming it on the girl hormones, she almost cried as she saw Jonghyun's face bruised slightly. Apparently he managed to cover her from the ball that was coming their way, letting it hit the side of his face instead. She nodded slightly, telling Jonghyun she's okay, even when she's actually still very dizzy.

Jonghyun didn't know her for years for nothing. She's obviously not fine with it. "We've been here an hour and a half. You wanna go home now?" Jonghyun asked. Key was just about to nod, but then the frog called out to them.

Minho came running to them. "Hyung! I'm sorry! Does it hurt?" Minho asked, touching the side of Jonghyun's face. "I'll get you an ice-pack!" the younger yelled. But Jonghyun stopped him.

"I'll get an ice-pack at home. I'm going to take Key home." he said, packing up his stuffs into his backpack. He stood up on his tippy-toes and whisper to Minho. "I think the ball shocked her a little bit."

"What a girl-" Minho stopped, noticing the situation. "I m-meant .. she should be. That ball is a new one. It will be harder and rougher than usual ball. It should hurt twice as much as an old ball if you were hit by it." Minho explained, not noticing Key shifting in her seat, flinching. "So, sure. Go home first. I'll be home by 8. That is if these guys don't ask me out to drink afterwards."

The older one nodded, gesturing the younger one to go back to his friends. Minho happily obeyed, his head still crazy and full of soccer stuffs. Jjong turned to see Key standing there, looking at the ball being kicked around the park by the boys. Jonghyun sighed and grabbed the girl's hand, lacing their fingers together. Only then that she looked at him, giving him attention.

"Let's head back."

She nodded quietly, letting Jonghyun lead their way home. She can only smile weakly as they stopped by the convenient store for a while. Jonghyun still wants the ice cream he was promised. Key bought an ice-pack silently as the older one chooses their ice cream.

They walked hand in hand peacefully, even when they walked into their dorm. Jonghyun took off his shoes and threw his backpack down to the floor. Key would scold him if only she didn't feel so weak all of the sudden. She settled on the couch.

Smiling, the older one put in some of Taemin's Disney movie into the DVD. He sat down next to Key, putting his head on the girl's lap, making her even dizzier.

"Key, you're okay, right?" he asked, looking up to the girl's face.

The diva just shook her head and ck'ed in disapproval, watching Jonghyun do the impossible and eat his ice cream from a cup while lying down on her lap. "You're gonna choke, oppa."

"Oh look there's Pumba!" the dino yelled.

Key sighed, taking out the ice-pack from the plastic bag and pressed it againts the older's cheek. She smiled for the nth time that day, chuckling slightly when the older closed his eyes, enjoying the cold comforting his bruise. "Thank you for doing that earlier, Jjongie. I appreciate it. I owe you one."

"You're a girl, Key. Can't watch you just get hit. I'll protect you every single time, princess." he smirked, some more ice cream off his spoon, eyes fixed to the television screen.

.. , Kim Jonghyun .. Key closed her eyes, tightened her fist, trying to fight the terrible headache she has quietly without letting the puppy on her lap notice about it one bit.

................................................

To: Kim Key-Bum!

Hey Bum! Why are you not at the park? Thought you'd come.

Met your cous. She's pretty. Why didn't you introduce me sooner?! >.<

It's fine now. Do you notice that she and Jonghyun hyung is probably dating? They look so sweet with each other earlier in the park. Minho looks pretty pissed about it.

I'm bored.
Call me back. Let's hang.

Mir


Author's Note

An update!

It took quite a while didn't it?

Teehee!
Sorry that I'm addicted to some Baekyeol and Hunhan fanfictions lately.
Anyone can give me recommendations? I would really appreciate those.

tumblr_mj8nsweVvP1qclsafo1_500.jpg

I know what most of you are probably thinking about while reading this chapter.
"Why in the world is Mir there?"
Everyone knows Mir is not one of that crazy-about-sports kind of idol. But meh,
I need something to lure Key. So excuse that.

tumblr_lyndy1ewME1rorp0no1_500.png

Happy Valentines y'all!

I'm riding solo this year. You guys? Tell me what your boyfriends did for you.
My friend got two roses from her boyfriend while I'm watching her from the side.
... at least i still have my oppas ..

keep_calm_and_be_a_kpop_fangirl_by_xshaw

.. or maybe not.

DID YOU HEAR ME?! 
KEY IS GOING TO WE GOT MARRIED! THE GLOBAL ONE!

mbc-we-got-married-global-edition-590x33

(gotta admit that Fuji Mina and Gui Gui are pretty tho~)

I still can understand if it's Eunji. But NOOO~
It just has to be GLOBAL We Got Married.

I'm happy for Key. Really am. (after a few days of crying)
He really wants to be in the show. So let's just let him be happy about it.

For you who are still unhappy about it, think about it like this;

onew%2Bmubank%2Bwin%2B2%2B120413.jpg

Key will be a sassy diva husband to  a girl. He'll be the one with the pants in the relationship, showing how almighty he can be.
Then, after episodes, the SHINee members will come visit him, teasing him, which means an embarassed adorable Key.
Jonghyun will be there too, and who knows what will happen to the wife when Jonghyun talks to her about Key. He'll obviously know Key a whole lot better than her, which means; MORE JONGKEY MOMENTS!
*spazzing*

Other than him, the other couple's husband is Heechul.
Yes, Super Junior's one and only Kim Heechul.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNA1zhEIwPpVOJ5aWNbRM


Srsly, Global We Got Married is freaky.
2 SM divas in one season?
good luck with that ..

let's just wait April.

 

I hope you like the chapter.
Truth be told, I find this a little bit weird. Wrote it three times, but it still came out like that. So I apologize ._.
This chapter is a filter if you say it bluntly. Just dropping hints of what woul happen next.

Next chapter is this kind of feel:

tumblr_m0xoweIV941qhkeb0.jpg
feel free to assume what this hint is all about~

Thank you to my dearest 62 subscribers! Yeaaay!
I love you all so much for supporting this fic~

Leave your comments bellow to tell me what you think! xo!

P.S Will someone just make a damnit fanfiction of Jack Frost/ Elsa in a Jongkey version? I would love reading those!

- KPOPMonstahh