Part 4

Was It Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     
There is nothing more beautiful than a woman in love. She has a special glow in her eyes, and the energy around her is different. She can even forgive certain things, but she has her limits. She won't show her tears and she won't let anyone know. She will just walk away. With no explanation. Just a goodbye. 

I closed the book as I couldn't continue reading anymore. I put the book on the table and got up. I walked over to the window and looked outside. I needed to meet him soon and get it over with. We've been together for 3 years. At first, everything was great. We enjoyed spending time together, but all of a sudden we became distant, even when we were together it was different. 

I often ask myself. Was it my fault? He would usually tell me that he is busy with work. Or he is meeting with his family. Later on, I found out that he was meeting someone, but at that time I really loved him and I just forgave him. He promised that he would never do it again, but apparently, I was wrong. 

When I look at it now, I should have said goodbye a long time ago. It was hard, and even now it's hard. It's not easy to forget someone whom you have been with for 3 years. We had many memories, but something changed. I don't know why. I don't know when or why. 

Ryeowook had nothing to do with this, even though TOP thinks he does. He is trying to blame him, but it's not like that and he knows that. There's no point in arguing with him about it. It doesn't matter anymore. It hurts but it will pass. It has to. Everything passes. 

I turned around and walked towards the bedroom. It was time to get ready. TOP was already waiting for me, I told him I'll be late a little bit. I am usually never late, but today I felt like it. I got dressed and just picked my hair into a ponytail. I took my phone and put it in my back jeans pocket and grabbed my set of keys. We were meeting nearby so I was going to walk. 

I left the apartment and headed out of the building. On my way there I met some neighbors I knew and greeted them out of politeness. The weather was nice and sunny. I smiled as a felt a nice breeze. I continued walking down the street and in about 10 minutes I arrived at the location.

I saw him sitting at one of the tables and he was looking at his phone. I walked up to him and sat down across from him. He raised his head and looked at me. By the look on his face, I knew that he was aware of what I was about to say. He put his phone away and crossed his arms across his chest, leaning in his chair and looking at me. 

"Let me ask you something," I said. 

He just nodded his head.

"What changed? Why?" I asked. 

"Him." He said.

"Spare me that . You cheated even before you learned about his feelings toward me. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it was all a lie." I said.

"You know it wasn't." He said, but in his tone of voice, there was coldness. 

"Your actions tell me everything, so let's not torture each other anymore. I wish you the best and may you find the person right for you. Good-bye." I said and stood up. 

As I walked away I could feel his stare, but I was right. If there were any more emotions left he would have stopped me, or done something to prove to me that I was wrong. I walked back to the apartment. I held back my tears. I would lie if I said I had no emotions. I kept telling myself that it was okay. I will be fine. I had to stay strong. 

I arrived home and walked into the living room. I sat down on the couch and just looked at some spots. Many nice memories came back to me. 

***

We were at the beach, relaxing. We both had days off and we decided to spend them together. He held me close as we were looking into the sunset. 

"I love you. Now. Tomorrow. Forever." He said.

***

A tear went down my cheek and I quickly wiped it off. When love stops, the heart stops. It's up to us to keep it alive, but sometimes we fail. We can't always keep it alive, it's impossible. I hugged my knees and leaned my head on my knees closing my eyes and holding back my tears. I could feel my phone vibrate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter