Part 1

Was It Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sky is the limit…. or that’s what they say. I am not really sure if I can agree with that. As a pilot, I can't agree with it. Why? Well, for normal people the sky maybe is the limit, but for us pilots, the sky is not the limit. The sky for us is our life, we spend most of our time flying. When you’re in the sky it’s like you’re in heaven and there’s nothing to be afraid of. You can feel free, you can be yourself. It's hard to describe or understand unless you are in this line of work.

My alarm went off at five-thirty. It was time to get up and get ready for work. It was still dark outside and snowing. Getting up in the morning is something I hated ever since I was a child, but I don’t really have a choice. So instead of complaining to myself, I got up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and did my make-up, after all of that I made coffee and fed my dog.

I had to leave soon but I couldn't find my keys anywhere. I looked around the room but had no luck. I remember I had them when I came home last night, but where did I put them? 

“Where did I leave them.” I thought to myself and starched my forehead. 

I walked over to the fridge and opened it to get myself a bottle of water and that's when I saw them. In the fridge.

“Oh… But wait how did they end up in the fridge?” I sighed.

As much as I wanted to think about that I couldn't, I didn't have time for that, so I just took my stuff, kissed my dog, and left the apartment, locking it. 

While driving the car to the airport I realized that today is a special day or at least that’s what I was told yesterday. Why? Some idols will be on today's flight. Among them is Super Junior. I stepped on the gas and hurried as much as possible As the captain I always made sure I was there before everyone else. 

I arrived and parked the car at the airport parking lot in the area that was for staff and got out. I hurried inside and went directly to the office to check the papers. Everything was ready, now all I had to do was wait for the others. I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down. It was six twenty, they should be arriving soon. 

The first flight was at seven fifty. The co-pilot should be arriving soon. I got up and walked over to my locker. I got my sunglasses out and left my car keys in the locker. As I was about to go back to the table the door opened and it was Masaki. My co-pilot. He didn't look too good as a matter of fact it seemed to me like he didn't sleep at all. 

“Morning." He said and just sat straight down. 

“Party all night?" I asked and looked at him. 

“I am sorry,” I replied.

I just shook my head. He knew damn well my opinion about this. I understood that it was difficult but when it comes to working I want full attention in the cockpit. I also go to parties, but I'm always ready for work. 

A few minutes later the other staff arrived and we discussed today's flight. I found out that Big Bang will be on the flight as well. My boyfriend was a member. Choi Seung Hyung. 

Our relationship started on a flight, and that's when I first met him. 

***

I was walking towards the airplane, getting ready for the flight before the passengers started coming abroad, and there he was. He was standing in line and two other people were with him. He seemed annoyed with something and the clerk at the counter was explaining something to him. She was bowing and it seemed like she was apologizing.

I looked at him and my first thought of him was that he was handsome. Tall, perfect jawline, hazel eyes. At that moment I decided to approach and see what was going on. Besides, I usually do that if I see that there is a problem related to the airline I work for. It was kinda like a duty I had. 

I walked over and stood behind the clerk. 

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

The young woman looked at me and her hands were shaking a little. 

"T-there was a mistake on the ticket. It's my fault." She said. 

I figured that she was new to the job, so I just took the ticket and looked at it. Mistakes happen to all of us so it was okay. 

"I apologize for this sir, we will still allow you to get abroad. Mistakes happen, so I hope you understand. It takes some time to learn the ropes." I said. 

He looked at me and the tension on his face was now gone. He seemed a bit more relaxed and he was checking me out.

***

Somebody touched me on the shoulder and it shook me out of my thoughts. I blinked and looked up. It was one of the flight attendants. 

"Let's go," I said and stood up. 

The others just followed. As we walked through the airport towards the terminal we passed by Super Junior. They were already there and waiting. I just bowed my head slightly and they did the same. I knew them and Kim Ryeowook and I have been a friends for a very long time, but recently our friendship was rocky. I can't blame him, but I'll get to that part some other time. 

We passed through the terminal and the flight attendants were talking in the back about random things and some gossip as well, but gossip was normal. It always has been a part of companies. All you can do is try not to be a part of it. 

We got on the plain. Masaki and I went straight into the cockpit and sat down. I took the clipboard that had a piece of paper on it and I checked it. Everything seemed to be in order. We both buckled up and right at that time the engineer showed up and took his spot in the back. He was there to control some other functions of the airplane. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter