Chapter 6

The Vampire's Reason

"Good morning..." Ezra greeted YuRi as she approached the dining hall. Red velvet drawn resulting to a dim ambiance. The only source of light is from the chandelier lit by light bulbs.

 

"Morning, too," she greeted back. She sat at the seat which is in front of Kai. She held her utensils and started to eat, "I eventually thought it was evening," she commented. Ezra held back his laughter. YuRi was obviously commenting on the ambiance of the room. Kai laid his spoon and fork on the mahogany table and sai, "You've been here for 6 years---" but was quickly cut off by YuRi.

 

"Six terrible years..." YuRi emphasized the word terrible. She didn't feel like a slave at all. She only felt like she is living with a strict father. How did she even get here? She didn't even know. Why? Amnesia. Kai told her that she was involved in a car accident.

 

"Who are you?" YuRi asked as soon as she opened her eyes and woke up in the hospital bed.

"Kenneth Aisworth..." the male answered, "You can call me Ken..."

"If you're Ken... who am I?" then YuRi pointed to herself. The male quickly called the doctor for assistance.

 

"She had a great trauma from the car accident that she had. She had an amnesia and the bad news is... her memories can't be brought back. The great impact when she was hit by the car caused this. I'm very sorry, sir..." the doctor explained everything to Kai. Kai just nodded. The doctor tapped his right shoulder and left the room.

 

"Please, tell me what happened," YuRi pleaded. Kai hesitated at first but eventually told the story.

 

"You were walking down a street. It was rainy and you were freezing cold. You're crying that time for I don't know what's the reason. Suddenly, I don't know if you're crazy, you crossed the road. I think your planning a suicide at that time. Your plan was half succesful. A car hit you. It was out of control. The driver explained that the breaks weren't working. Your plan failed eventually, you're still alive..." Kai told the whole story as he sat on the couch in the room.

 

Kai panicked at YuRi's next question, "How are you related to me then?" She must not know his true reason. The vampire's reason to be exact. "I'm your master. Your parents died for an unknown reason that's why you left the mansion." He lied. Truth is... this was a half lie.

 

"Sorry, master Ken..." then YuRi shooked her head.

 

"Don't call me that, call me Kai instead," he stated and leaned over at the hospital bed where YuRi was lying.

 

Eventually, for the next years, Kai confessed about the true him. A vampire. That time, when he told that, YuRi didn't scream or some may say, panicked. She even thought of it as a cool thing. She, living with a vampire, that's cool. Not until she learned about Kai's true colors.

 

"By the way, Ezra," YuRi snapped back to reality, "Why are you still here?"

 

Ezra acted that his heart hurts, "Are you making me leave?" then he used those puppy eyes. YuRi can't help it but laughed. Ezra did, too. "I'll be at the garden, if anyone finds me..." Kai stood then stormed off the dining hall. "Ooohhh, someone's jelly for the second time," Ezra commented.

 

Kai arrived at the mansion's garden. He then sat at the bench located near the fountain. The mansion was indeed huge. On the left side of the house was the garden wherein there is a gazebo, benches and a fountain. Kai sighed. How could he be jealous at this state? Eventually, he would have to let go. He looked up at the sky. Looks like it's going to rain, Kai thought.

 

"No, it won't," then the grey clouds disappeared and was replaced by the yellow rays of sunlight.

 

"Libra!" Kai exclaimed. Libra Anavelle Caesar. One of Kai's close friends in the Chronicle. The Chronicle is an organization where they predict the future and create prophecies. Libra eventually can control the weather. She has the element of the wind. She always wears her yellow greek goddess gown. She sat down beside Kai.

 

"It's been a long time since I heard from you..." Libra exclaimed.

 

"Yeah, from you too," Kai said.

 

"So, are there any improvements between you and her?" Libra asked. She eventually knew about Kai's feelings for YuRi.

 

Kai shakes his head. Libra tapped his back encouraging him. Then words flashed in Libra's mind, she didn't know if it is a prophecy or something, but the words have a deep meaning. It was for Kai and YuRi.

 

"The sun isn't always happy for the sun disappear when the moon is there, because he wanted the moon to be the one who will make us happy when we see the moon," Libra suddenly blurted out, "That message is for you Ken. Hope you'll understand it." Then Libra turned into a breeze of wind with the color yellow.

 

Kai was still confused. He didn't absorb what she just said. He entered the house and sat at the leather couch. He let out a frustrated groan that echoed throughout the house.

 

"Too loud," YuRi said coldly. Kai was surprised upon YuRi's cold response. He was about to ask her what was wrong when she hurriedly climb up the stairs.

 

YuRi saw it all. The arrival of a goddess-suited girl, the beamed smile upon Kai's face (that she have never seen before) and everything. She doesn't know but she felt her hurt broke to pieces and it felt pang. She doesn't know it either but it is harder to breathe. When the female suddenly turned to a breeze she turned around to get some water. But she was surprised when Ezra was standing behind her.

 

"People are such a babo at things...

They deny it eventually...

The thing is...

The one thing they needed and love the most is in front of them...

But they just pushed them away..."

 

 


Lame update~! I know :3 Well hope you like it...

XOXO blackpearl_16