Chapter 4

The Vampire's Reason

It's been a long time.

 

YuRi didn't see MinHo these past few days. She always goes to the park to check if he is still there. But no trace of him now. She sat at her favorite place. The swing. It feels different when MinHo is not around.

 

"Mint Hollister Choi, where are you?" YuRi sighed. It was sunset. The sky has the colors of orange, violet and a tint of pink. The clouds look like as of they're cotton candy flowing in the air, waiting for the kids to eat them.

 

"Waiting for someone?" a male voice asked. As if on cue, YuRi turned her head and saw HIM. MinHo. She ran and hugged him tightly. MinHo chuckled. She really missed him so much. So much for one week of him missing.

 

YuRi never did let go from the hug when she asked, "Where have you been?"

 

"I was with my family. We went somewhere. Well, far off somewhere," MinHo explained.

 

YuRi asked, "Like somewhere?"

 

MinHo slightly panicked. "I am your best friend, MinHo. You can tell me," YuRi said even though she likes to say, more than best friends.

 

"Somewhere in Europe?" he answered.

 

"That's far..." YuRi commented.

 

"Too bad... I missed you so much..." MinHo said.

 

"I missed you, too," YuRi said and buried her face on MinHo's broaden chest. MinHo was her hair while looking at the sunset. A fake cough interupted their lovey-dovey scene.

 

MinHo slightly pushed YuRi from him and she willingly released MinHo. They both turned around to see who it was.

 

"K-kai..." YuRi shuddered. Kai clenched his fists at the scene. He was d*mn furious. Jealous. That's the word that best describes Kai now.

 

"What's the vampire's reason for coming here?" MinHo asked mockingly. Kai's knuckles were visible white now. He jsut shook his head. Afraid to face them, but he was getting full of MinHo. He lifted his head. His eyes were now dark red. His fangs were now revealing. YuRi's eyes grew big. He's transforming into a vampire. Before night?

 

"Stop mocking me..." Kai said. His voice was low. He is serious at this point now.

 

"Why would I?" MinHo said.

 

"MinHo, please stop," YuRi said while looking at MinHo.

 

"YuRi, go home. Let us talk privately," Kai ordered, "I don't want you to get hurt at this point." YuRi nodded and left.

 

The breeze was cooler than before. Silence again. They stood there like statues. Kai is still clenching his fists. No one decided to break the ice. Cool down before I talk to you, MinHo thought and Kai read it. And he did.

 

"The Emralds are on the move," MinHo stated.

 

"I know..." Kai said.

 

"Then why are you still keeping YuRi with you? You know that whenever she's with you, she's in danger," MinHo said, "You'll just hurt her."

 

"Are you sure that I will just hurt her?" Kai said and grinned, "You know that I love her..."

 

"You also know that I can take her away from you," MinHo mocked, "Good thing, I got this kindness for vampires... I could kill you anytime I want..."

 

Kai grinned, "Why not now, vampire slayer?"

 

Mint Hollister Choi is a vampire slayer. He's trained to be a vampire slayer since he was six years old. He despise vampires for it killed his parents. He grew up with his grandfather who was the chief of their clan. All in all, he killed 20 vampires. They were the ones who kill for fun and who blood from innocent people. He is considered one of the strongest slayer for he killed 2 Emralds.

 

MinHo didn't say anything but walked away.

 

"Too scared, MinHo?" It is now Kai's turn to mock him.

 

MinHo turned and held his gun. It's not an ordinary gun. It is used for killing vampires. He pulled the trigger and a bullet went out. And it hit the heart... of a tree. Kai was too fast for the bullet. He has strong instincts. He avoided the bullet right before it hits him. He was transported to a branch of a tree.

 

"I can kill you anytime Kai, you know that. It's not just the right time," MinHo said and left.

 


 

YuRi closed the door behind her. She arrived at the mansion. She sat at the couch and opened the TV. It ws her favorite movie, Nemo. She has the urge to go get the popcorn when a strong breeze blew.

 

"Kai?" she called out but no response. I must've forgot to close one of the windows, she thought and continued to the kitchen.

 

"Who are you?!" YuRi pointed to the guy who was now standing at the fridge in front of her.

 

"So you must be the famous YuRi..." he said with a sly smile in his face. YuRi nodded slightly. She's still scared. His eyes were red like Kai's and he has fangs that shows he's a vampire. YuRi was scared. Who was he? YuRi didn't notice that the male is now in front of her. He held her waist and wrist pulling her closer to him. YuRi struggled but he's too strong. His face was on her neck now.

 

"You have a sweet blood-smell there," he sniffed. YuRi stiffened. Using her free hand, she reached for the rolling pin, held it and hit it into his head making him cry in pain. YuRi ran towards the front door but the male was too fast. He caught up to YuRi and threw her to the couch. YuRi felt that the throw was stronger than Kai's before.

 

"You're agressive... I like that..." He crawled on top of YuRi. She spotted his fangs showing. She gulped. His face was once again near her neck. He spotted her vein. He was about to bite her when Kai punched him.

 

The man stood and said...

 

"It was forbidden...

A vampire and a human isn't a match...

You're cupid is a fool...

Now she's in danger...

She will be killed..."