The truth.

Yes, baby? // Living with EXO

“What’s this supposed to mean…” I asked, shaking.

Chanyeol…

“We don’t know either.” Kris got up and hugged me.

Chanyeol… Chanyeol…

As his name echoed in my head, I was reminded of his kindness and how he’d always be there for me.

“Chanyeol…” I cried into Kris’ shoulder.

Everyone came in for a group hug, all except Baekhyun. His face was still in his hands.

I moved over to him, “Baekhyun…” When I attempted to hug him he shoved me away and ran to his room, slamming the door.

“What did I do now…” I sniffed. Luhan came over and hugged me, “He’s having a moment.”

“Chanyeol’s a strong man, I’m sure he’ll be fine, though it’s been well over 12 hours since his disappearance.” Suho replied, rubbing his chin.

I checked the wall clock; it was 10pm. Time flied so fast when I was out with Luhan. Chen squatted in front of me, “He’ll be okay. I’m sure he wouldn’t want to see you like this.”

“Jong Dae oppa!” I yelled out and cried into Chen’s shoulder.

Why would Chanyeol run away? The thought of him not being around me, it’s unbearable.

“Jong Dae oppa?” Everyone exclaimed.

“Um, it’s a long story I guess.” Chen replied nervously.

Even without looking, I could tell that Luhan was jealous.

I looked up at Sehun, “Is that why the cops are here?” He simply nodded.

Facing Chen while sniffing, I asked, “I thought it had to be after 48 hours to report a missing person?”

“He’s a celebrity so I guess that’s an exception.” Kai replied.

Luhan wiped my off my tears, “He’ll be fine. If it makes you feel any better, we’ll try looking for him.”

“Thanks lulu.” I whispered. Luhan simply hugged me and smiled.

“Alright, we better get going.” Kris called out.

“I’ll stay here with Baekhyun. I don’t think he should go along. Don’t come back too late though.” I replied.

 

♥ ♥ ♥

 

Once the boys had left, I decided to go into Chanyeol’s room. When I opened the door, Baekhyun was already there.

His face was red, though there weren’t any tears left, he was sniffing.

“Baekhyun…” I sighed.

“I’m not gay.” He replied.

I cocked my head, why would he say that.

“I know what you’re thinking. Why am I always so close to Chanyeol and things like that. It may look like I’m gay but I’m not.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

Baekhyun sighed. “Chanyeol has always been there for me. Ever since we were trainees, whenever I would feel down or anything, he’d be the first to be there for me. He used to be really nice… Recently he’s been acting up.”

“Acting up? Do you know why?”

“Ever since you came.”

I froze. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You really don’t know?”

I shook my head.

“Ever since you lived with us, everyone has been acting all different. The changes were so obvious.”

“Obvious?”

“Everyone in this dorm, all 12 of us, have feelings for you.”

Everyone? I burst out laughing, “You’re joking.”

Baekhyun frowned and shook his head. “I’m serious.”

“Everyone?” I gulped. “Including you?”

He slowly nodded. “I’d be lying if I said I don’t like you. The reason why I have to be all ‘baekyeol’ in front of everyone is to make it less obvious. Chanyeol is openly expressing how he feels to you; it amazes me how he can do that shamelessly.” Baekhyun smirked.

“Aren’t you worried about Chanyeol? Even if the ‘baekyeol’ is fake-”

Baekhyun cut me off, “Hey it isn’t fake. It’s just that I’m not gay. Of course I’m worried. Knowing Chanyeol, it could be a gag or maybe he just wants to be alone.”

“But it’s his birthday tomorrow.” I frowned, hard. Why would he do this?

Baekhyun hugged me, “He’ll be fine. By the way, where’d you and Luhan go today? We didn’t see you guys at the hospital and when we came home, the dorm was empty.”

“Ah that…” Should I tell him it was a date? “We were just hanging out.”

“Looks like he bought you a lot of stuff. You guys went to the bwcw store? The paper bags had the store name on it.”

I simply nodded my head. I didn’t feel like talking about anything that didn’t have to do with Chanyeol. I walked around his room and lay on his bed. This was where I treated his wound. I decided to ask the boys how things were going. I took my phone out and there was an unread message, it was from Chanyeol.

“Why would it matter if I do like you?” His words were as cold as always. How does he manage to pull off a lively image on stage?

Baekhyun lay down beside me and caressed my hair sighing. “It’s not fair how the others are able to openly express their feelings for you. Especially Chanyeol.”

“Chanyeol doesn’t like me.” I rebutted.

“He’s the one that likes you the most. Look.” Baekhyun pointed to a photo frame at the corner of the bed.

I picked it up and smiled; “I never thought that he would print this.”

It was the very first selca that we took together.

 

flashback

 

“You’re a song writer and composer?” He asked.

I could feel my face burning up, he was really handsome. I simply nodded to his question.

“Ah you’re blushing. I’m Chanyeol, EXO’s vitamin and voice.” He held out a hand for me to shake and I did.

“Let’s take a picture to remember today.” Chanyeol took out his phone and we took a selca together.

“You seem like the shy type. That’s dangerous around guys.”

I shook my head. “I’m not really shy… It’s just that you’re a new person.”

Chanyeol smiled and chuckled, “Ah but still.”

I whispered. “I’m honestly worried about sharing a dorm with 12 guys.”

Chanyeol smiled, “Don’t worry about it! I’ll protect you.”

 

present

 

“Protect…” I mumbled. I could feel myself shake again.

Baekhyun got up and sat beside me; he took the photo frame and put it down. He cupped my face and pecked my lips.

“Baekhyun…” I could feel my face go red.

“I know I shouldn’t be doing this at a time like now but I really like you. Chanyeol will definitely be okay.” Baekhyun hugged me tightly. “Please stop thinking so hard. It pains me to see you so hurt. It pains me even more knowing that you’re hurt because of another guy.”

I buried my head in his shoulder and sobbed.

“Yah don’t cry.” Baekhyun wiped my tears. “I’ll do aegyo for you so don’t cry.”

I sniffed a little and looked up; Baekhyun was doing as many aegyo poses as he could. I laughed a little but it wasn’t enough for me to get over the fact that Chanyeol’s disappeared.

Baekhyun frowned and hugged me again, “Please don’t be upset. I should be the one that’s the most upset here.”

I looked up at Baekhyun, why would he say that?

“Why?”

“The one girl that I love so much is crying over my best friend who disappeared. I no longer have a chance with you anymore do I?” Baekhyun’s eyebrows were frowning but he was smiling. It looked like he had given up hope.

I got up and hugged him. “It’s not like that.”

Baekhyun sighed, buried his face in my shoulders and hugged me tightly. “Please don’t be upset. It really hurts me that you’re upset.”

I felt my shoulder become wet;

Baekhyun was crying.

 

♥ ♥ ♥

 

Baekhyun decided that both of us needed some time alone and left me in my room. I decided to try giving Chanyeol a call.

“The number you’ve dialled is currently unavailable.” He must’ve turned off his phone.

Why would he leave a day before his birthday? I went into the living room and checked the clock; it was 2am in the morning. I looked at the entrance of the dorm, there weren’t as many shoes; the boys aren’t back yet.

 It’s already Chanyeol’s birthday.

I thought that maybe everything would be better by tomorrow but I couldn’t fall asleep.

I managed to sleep for a few hours, by a few, I meant only 2. I woke up and headed to Luhan’s room, he was sleeping. I opened all of the rooms; everyone was back and they were sleeping. They must’ve been tired searching for Chanyeol at such a time.

Chanyeol.

I immediately went into his room but he wasn’t there.

I could feel my heart sink, it felt heavy, and it hurt so much. But why?

As I quietly entered his room and lay on his bed sobbing, I saw a jar of paper cranes on the table beside his bed; it was labelled ‘Yoo Kyung’. It made me cry but at the same time, it made me happy knowing that Chanyeol would do such a thing for me.

Then I knew, I knew why I was hurting so badly.

I took out my phone and texted Chanyeol.

Once I clicked send, I heaved a sigh of relieved and sobbed a little.

Baekhyun noticed me entering the room and woke up, “Yoo Kyung?” He rubbed his eyes. He got up and moved over to Chanyeol’s bed and carried me to his. He slowly patted and hugged me to sleep. “You’re just like Kai.” He laughed a little. I sobbed into his shoulders.

“Please don’t cry.” Baekhyun frowned a little and pecked my forehead. “Everything will be okay.”

It didn’t matter if the other boys were okay. It didn’t matter if Luhan was okay. It didn’t matter if Baekhyun was hugging me to sleep. Nothing would matter if Chanyeol wasn’t involved. Nothing would matter if Chanyeol wasn’t okay. Nothing would matter if it wasn’t Chanyeol.

That night, I slept with Baekhyun with a smile on my face. I finally knew what all these mixed emotions meant and I can’t believe it took me this long to find out;

I was in love with Chanyeol.