Chapter 8

You’re My Angel (천사)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kris and Tao walked out from the café towards the parking lot where Yixing’s car was.

 

“Sorry we’re late.” said Suho guiltily.

 

“We went to pick up Sehun at Luhan hyung-” Yixing sighed as he was telling why they were late.

 

“It’s okay. The talk was dragged longer and done right before you come.” Kris tapped Yixing’s shoulder and smiled to appease him.

 

“Your father sent that man to talk to you?” asked Yixing.

 

“Hey, don’t worry. We settled nicely. Though, I don’t know if my father will accept my reply. We should go now.”

 

 

While in Chanyeol’s car, Luhan was busy teaching Baekhyun about cell phone. Chanyeol was watching through the front mirror. He amused to see Baekhyun’s reaction.

 

Sehun nudge Chanyeol, “They already on the move, hyung.”

 

Chanyeol pushed the brake and followed Yixing’s car. At times he would look at the back through the front mirror and his lips would curve upward sometimes.

 

He didn’t realize though that Sehun saw everything. The other only turned to look at the other side and slowly shook his head.

 

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

Xiumin locked the gym and took his bag on the floor. He closed the gym earlier because of headache that he had been feeling since in the morning. His journey to home was unusually quiet. He used to wish for this a lot when Jongdae always walk him home. His mouth won’t stop talking until Xiumin closed the door.

 

A heavy sigh left from Xiumin’s mouth. He stopped walking and chuckled. Really? Now, I miss him? His feet continued the walk to home but not long till they stopped again.

 

About nine meters ahead, a figure was leaning at the wall looking at nothing particular. He knew that figure very well even from far. For no reason, he didn’t move even an inch or took his eyes off the figure.

 

What is he doing here?

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

“Okay, we’re here.” Chanyeol pulled the brake and turned back to Baekhyun. “Don’t be nervous. Grandma might not look like it but she’s nice and friendly.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. Taking a deep breath, he followed Chanyeol steps.

 

They all were greeted by two maids who escorted them into the house. At the front door, Luhan suddenly pulled Sehun away letting everyone to go in first.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Luhan held tight Sehun’s hand and took a very deep breath.

 

“Okay, I think I’m ready.” Before he could take a step he turned around and touched his chest letting out a sigh. “Sehun, I-I..” He couldn’t even finish his sentence.

 

Sehun smiled seeing how nervous his boyfriend was. “Don’t worry, it’s going to be okay.”

 

“I’m not prepared. I thought it’s going to be only Grandma. Then, you suddenly told me minutes before we arrived that YOUR mum is here too.” He closed his eyes with his hands hoping this was a dream.

 

“Hey, Lu.” Sehun gently took his hand away.Looking at him straight into his eyes he smiled. This is the first time he saw this side of Luhan.

 

How can you not smile when you saw a baby’s smile. That’s how the situation was with Luhan.

 

“Now you smile. Just keep smiling like that and everyone including my mum and Grandma will fall for you.”

 

Luhan buried his face into Sehun’s chest. They were still holding each other hands.

 

“Oh Sehun, you-“

 

“Are you seducing me right now?” Luhan quickly stepped back and cleared his throat.

 

“No! W-what are you talking about? Let’s go inside.” Luhan walked first. Sehun came next to him and held his hand.

 

It had become his new habit. Sometimes he didn’t realize he’s making too much skinship with the boy whenever Sehun’s actions or words touched his heart.

 

They were about to walk through the door when someone called Sehun’s name.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

“So, this is Zhang Yixing.” Grandma took a look at him from head to toe. “You look much better in person.”

 

“Ah, thank you!” Yixing bowed a little to show gratitude.

 

“And these two fine men?” Grandma pointed to Kris and Tao. Both of them bowed and Kris do the introduction for both of them.

 

“Oh, Yixing’s friend. Hmm, fine men I see and Chanyeol. When are you planning to introduce me to that boy next to you?”

 

Baekhyun bowed once and introduce himself. “Hello, n-nice to meet you Chanyeol’s grandma.” He flashed her a smile and tried his best to not stutter. “I’m Baekhyun.”

 

“Hi, Baekhyun. Nice to meet you too.”

 

Chanyeol had a feeling that Grandma was going to ask questions about Baekhyun. He quickly hugged Grandma and whispered. “Grandma, I’ll tell you everything later. So please, no more question for now.”

 

“Where’s aunt Hyojoo?” asked Chanyeol.

 

“She still had many works to get done. She’ll come back home late.”

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

“A-are you sure this is the house, Jongin?” Kyungsoo looked at the big mansion infront of them.

 

“Yup! Big as always. Come on, hyung.” Jongin took Kyungsoo’s hand and pulled him into the house.

 

“Oh! Sehun?” Kyungsoo felt more relieved to see Sehun at the front door.

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

“By the way, where’s Sehunnie? You did bring him along, right?”

 

Sehun peeked to the hall and called Grandma as his eyes landed on her. He walked inside with Luhan, Kyungsoo and Jongin followed behind.

 

“Hello, Grandma!” Jongin ran past Sehun and gave Grandma a hug.

 

“Jongin! It’s been so long since I last saw you.” They both pouted.

 

“That’s because Grandma rarely come to Korea.”

 

“You were the one who didn’t want to go visit me with Sehun during holiday.”

 

Jongin smiled sheepishly. “It’s not that I didn’t want to visit you, Grandma. I told you, I can’t leave Korea at that time.”

 

“Hello, Grandma.” Kyungsoo greeted her and handed over a food container.

 

“Kyungsoo, right?” Kyungsoo happily nodded and hugged her as she opened her arms.

 

There are times when she called to Chanyeol’s house and Kyungsoo was the one who picked up her calls as he was at the house cooking for Chanyeol and the two kids. During the second time, they started to talk about cooking and whenever Kyungsoo was the one who picked up the calls they exchanged or shared ideas about cooking.

 

Grandma lifted the container. “You made this?”

 

“Yes. Jongin helped a little too.”

 

Jongin raised a thumb up and nodded with his eyes closed. “New recipe, Grandma. You’ll love it.”

 

“Okay, okay. Do I get to hug you now, Grandma?” Sehun walked forward with open arms.

 

“Come here.” Grandma opened her arms too and they hugged a little bit more longer. When they let go, Grandma pecked Sehun on his cheeks. “There you go. Satisfy?”

 

“Definitely.” Sehun let go the hug and pulled Luhan closer. “Grandma, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Luhan.”

 

Luhan bowed and introduce himself with a smile. The scene between Sehun and Grandma just now made his heart lighter. “Hello, I’m Luhan.”

 

“So, you too don’t get a girlfriend?” asked Grandma. Luhan’s hearbeat back to how it was before he walked into the house.

 

Sehun rubbed his nape. How he should answer that. He just suddenly fell in love with this deer when he saw him for the first time. The second time he saw him, it hit him really hard. He didn’t know how to approach the university boy; thus, lead to the stalking activity.

 

“Not that I mind. You’re quite pretty too. Sehun sure has a good taste. Welcome to the family.”

 

Luhan bowed again and thanked her. His heart felt so light like it was floating. But. There’s still his mum though.

 

“Oh my, my. Everyone is here already?” Mrs. Oh walked down the stairs and greeted with everyone.

 

 

“So, this is Luhan that you told me the other day?” Mrs. Oh didn’t take her eyes of his face.

 

“It’s really nice to meet you, Mrs. Oh.”

 

Sehun looked at his mum who seems like inspecting his lover’s face. I knew this would happen. Good sign.

 

As Sehun was sigh in relief internally, Luhan’s hand slowly reached up to his face and touched it. At the back, Suho was giggling and whispered something to Yixing.

 

“Oh! Sorry for staring at you like that, Luhan.” Mrs. Oh laughed, embarrassed by her own action.

 

“Ah, no. It’s okay.”

 

“You do look-err-very good. Pretty, cute, really a flower boy.” Admiration could be seen on her face.

 

Mrs. Oh had always had a thing for flower boy. This was why she pampered her son (whom she find so cute) too much. Good thing Suho and Chanyeol were there ever since Sehun was little and not turned to a spoiled brat.

 

“Lucky his taste in picking a couple isn’t the same with picking gift.” said Chanyeol and everyone laughed except Sehun. Luhan and Baekhyun only giggled seeing everyone was laughing.

 

Everyone was invited to the dining table. Mrs. Oh walked next to Sehun and whispered to him.

 

“Chanyeol’s right. You’re lucky Luhan is my taste or I would have rejected your relationship.” Mrs. Oh patted her son’s back and smiled lovingly to Luhan before walked past them.

 

“What did your mum said?” Luhan asked because somehow he could feel that it’s something about him. Sehun only smiled and sat Luhan down next to his seat. “Come on, Sehun. Tell me.”

 

Knoowing that Luhan won’t stop asking till he told him, Sehun lean over and whispered to him. His lips curved upwards a little trying to hold back the smile that’s creeping on his face.

 

“I told you.” said Sehun.

 

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….............

 

 

Xiumin unlocked the door and opened it. “Come in.” He walked in and Jongdae followed from behind.

 

“Have you eaten?” asked Xiumin without looking at the other.

 

“No.”

 

 

They ate in silence. Neither both of them said anything. The soup taste plain. Even the rice tasted somehow bitter. Xiumin stopped eating and walked to the sink.

 

“Done eating?” asked Jongdae and Xiumin only replied with a nod. Jongdae also stopped eating and cleared his throat. “I want to ask you something.”

 

“What is it?” He still had his back faced Jongdae and pour a glass of water.

 

“Who is this man?” Jongdae put a picture he took out from his pocket on the table.

 

Xiumin turned around and shocked to see the picture. “H-how-where did you get that?”

 

“From the envelope you left on the fridge. I thought you misplaced it and the pictures inside fell when I took it.”

 

Jongdae managed to take the picture before Xiumin could snatch it away.

 

“Give it back.”

 

“No. Tell me what is your relationship with this man.”

 

“It’s none of your business.”

 

“Yes it is! Do you know what did you get yourself into? This man isn’t someone you want to mess with.”

 

“I know what I’m doing.” Xiumin walked away from the kitchen. He didn’t want to argue with the younger again but Jongdae pulled his hand before he could.

 

“No, you don’t! He’s dangerous! You don’t know him!”

 

Xiumin tugged his hand off from Jongdae. “He’s my father! I do know him!”

 

Jongdae was too shocked hearing the confession that he lost his words. F-father? How? Impossible.

 

“I know what I’m doing! He ruined my life! Treated me like a slave! Took everything I have away from me!”

 

“Minseok-“

 

“I told you not to call me with that name! I hate it!! That name reminds me to the past. I don’t want-I don’t-“

 

“You even scared with your own name, you know that?”

 

 

All this time, he had been training to be stronger. Strong enough to stand still. Strong enough to fight the past. Strong enough to keep move on. Strong enough to fight the man who ruined his life. And he thought he had gotten stronger but no. He can’t even face his own name. How could he fight that man if he couldn’t fight his past. How could he fight his past if he kept running away from it.

 

Weak. Too weak. Still and always weak. Drop by drop tears flowed down. He turned back not wanting the younger to see his tears. He touched his chest. It hurts.

 

“You don’t have to be like this. Just forget your revenge plan.” said Jongdae softly. Only s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter