Chapter 7

Attached to Death [Incomplete]

Chapter 7

The surroundings were dim and fogs of clouds blurred my vision, I found myself sitting on a bench with no one in sight. Maybe this could be heaven, though it seems a bit lonely. I once again tried looking for someone who could help me identify where I was, there was no one. Lowering my gaze I looked down at my hands, I was surprised to see that there was someone’s hand tightly holding mine.

The hand felt warm and the large palm made me felt much safer, I squeezed the hand tighter as I watched the clouds started storming in on me. I’m glad that there was someone here with me in this lonely place. “You’ll be safe if you don’t let go,” the deep and alluring voice made me even more curious to find out who the person is. Waiting for the thick fog to finally past, I turned to find BaekHyun sitting beside me on the bench, his hand still holding mine.

Did we really die? I’m guessing so, but why is BaekHyun here? Isn’t this heaven? Unless it’s hell?! I released my hand from his grasped and irritatingly ignored that there was someone beside me. How can he just kill me and pretend like nothing happened? I know I wanted to die, but he shouldn’t have acted so stubborn about that little issue. I didn’t even get to know, guess it’ll be useless now since I’ve died already. I heard as BaekHyun let out a frustrated sigh, forcefully grabbing onto my hand again, “I told you not to let go.”

“Why should I listen to you?”

He remained quiet, I watched as he annoyingly ruffled his hair and lowered his gaze, “Because I purposely wanted to talk to you in your dreams. Holding my hand is a way for you to not be pulled away into deep sleep for days.”

“I’m not dead yet?”

“You’ll find out when you wake up. But I have more important things to say to you,”

“Why don't you just tell me when I’m awake?”

BaekHyun let out another sigh, tightening his grasp over my hand, I’ve never seen him this confused and anxious when he’s talking to me, “Because when you wake up, you’ll forget everything. I don’t want you to remember anything that I’m going to tell you.”

“Then what’s the point?!” I was annoyed at the weird reason why he wanted to do this the hard way.

“The point is that I don’t want to hurt you! Why can’t you just go with the flow and listen to me?!” he raised his voice as he turned to look over at me, staring into my eyes he bit his lower lip, “If you really want to remember, every time you’re asleep you’ll remember. Maybe even for those times when you were sleeping for days.”

“Oh that’s right! I do remember! My last dream was about…” I stopped halfway seeing BaekHyun’s demanding expression that he seriously wanted to know, guessing my talk with the angel was something private I didn't want him to worry, “Don’t worry, what you want to tell me is more important.”

He nodded and shifted his glaze up to the empty sky filled with nothing but clouds, “I’m sorry for trying to eat you and that I yelled at you.”

I cracked a small smile, the stubborn demon is finally apologizing and admitting that he was wrong. But wouldn’t it be better if he told me when I’m awake. Presuming, the awaken me wouldn’t hear all of this, I would probably still be angry at him. Note to awaken self: Don’t be angry at BaekHyun.

“I didn’t want to explain the story further because I’m afraid that you’ll break after hearing the entire story,” BaekHyun gulped as he finally admitted, “So even if you don’t forgive me when you wake up, I just want you to forgive me when you’re asleep.”

How can this demon be so vulnerable and innocent? Is this really the BaekHyun I know? How can he be this person? I felt like crying, after hearing him say those things. Maybe he does really care about me, not only as an attachment to his life.

“In truth, my punishment wasn’t to be attached to you to help save your life and fall in love with you. It’s true that demons die if they love a human, but I was meant to die together with you. I was selfish that I pleaded my father the Devil to help me stay alive even if I had to be destined lovers with a human,” he explained as tears were beginning to form in his eyes, I could his full exposure of guilt in his eyes as his lips were trembling, “I was punished because of something irrational I’d committed.”

I didn’t know what to say, out of selfishness he chose to keep me alive even though I was being tortured my family’s death and the sole fact that I was alive, alone, to live this hell. I felt his hand sincerely holding onto mine, although I knew that his hand was as cold as mine, but I felt warm flowing through my body. I felt his warmth.

 “HyoMi, I’m sorry. I…”

My eyes fluttered open as I realised I was still lying in my bed, I didn’t die. That’s amazing because I clearly remember the angry BaekHyun my life away. Sitting up I decided to head outside, seeing SuHo and BaekHyun lazily sat their asses on the sofa doing nothing but drinking alcohol. I made my way over to them and was greeted by SuHo, but BaekHyun turned to look up at me but I turned away and ignored him. I took a seat beside SuHo as I wasn’t in the mood to talk to BaekHyun at the moment.

I just couldn’t squeeze the anger away about the way he had acted to me, when I simply wanted to ask for his help. I don’t know how long I was going to stay angry, but I know that if he doesn’t apologise it’ll be clear that he just doesn’t care about helping me figure out my answer.

“It’s a good thing that you’re still able to walk, BaekHyun managed to have a taste of you. That lucky bastard! But he managed to stop himself, though he refused to tell me how you tasted,” SuHo frowned like a baby unable to get what he wanted. I wonder if SuHo stopped him.

“Did you stop him?” I asked curiously.

“No, you did. Though honestly if I stopped him, I’ll probably eat you up myself,” 

I stopped BaekHyun? How could that be? I was basically dying at that moment. I looked over at SuHo eyeing him that I wanted to know, he understood from the first look but chose to pretend that he didn’t see it. I nudged him and glared at him, SuHo then pouted and leaned in closer to me. He whispered in my ear, “Because you called out his name ‘BaekHyun my hubby’.”

I pushed SuHo’s face away from me annoyed, if he didn’t want to tell me he should’ve just said no or kept his mouth shut. Why was he telling me that nonsense?! I need a hot bath, standing up I headed towards the bathroom to wash up. As I made my way down the hallway, I turned back and glanced over at BaekHyun, I didn’t understand why I did that but I felt my heart aching with guilt. Why should I feel guilty?! He started all of this!

Feeling refreshed after a nice hot bath, I stepped out of the bathroom planning to head to my room to wear on some freshly washed clothes, but as I made my way I accidently bumped into BaekHyun. We both didn’t say anything to each other, only standing at the same position with our heads lowered. I just couldn’t find the words to speak, I just held tightly onto the towel wrapped around my body, wondering what he would say.

“Stop spacing out like an airhead, you’re blocking the hallway. Hurry up and get change, I don’t want to be tortured by your pain when you catch a cold or flu,” he said walking straight past me, I irritatingly stormed to my room. That was all he wanted to say?! Not even an apology or something nice to show that everything was okay?!

I scoffed to myself, why was I acting like it was such a big deal? I’m not his girlfriend or anything, why was I so irrationally mad at him? I just hate myself for the way I was acting. Slipping on jeans and a plain shirt, I needed time to cool my head down. Deciding that going out for awhile would be the best for my temper to calm down, I slowly made my way down the stairs of the apartment and headed down the road.

“How rude of you to not invite me along?” SuHo appeared beside me as he was walking by my side, I didn't say anything, only kept my head lowered as I watch my feet walk to any direction.

“If you’re really want to make up, you should go talk to him,” SuHo said still beside me, I see he found out that BaekHyun and I weren’t exactly on the same boat, “Demons have their pride, probably even worse than an average human male.”

I stopped in my tracks upon hearing that, I turned over to SuHo, “I don’t want to talk about it. I came out here to clear my head, I don’t want you poking it more.”

“I was just saying. I came out here to play, the world has really evolved a lot. I can still recall those times when this place was crowded with horses instead those car thingy,” he laughed happily, I noticed him looking over me, “You know, I do need an around this place. Mind giving me a tour?”

“You’ve been living here for so long, I think you even know this world even more than me,”

“True, but I want to see the world in your eyes. Come on, aren’t you going to invite to eat or something,”

I rolled my eyes and a small smile was present in the corner of my lips, I guess going on a stress relieving date with SuHo would help me get that stubborn BaekHyun from my mind. After wondering around I found myself at my old café, SuHo looked weirdly at me when I just paused in front of the café. “Aren’t we going in?” he asked waving his hand in front of my face like I has just spaced off, “Well I can see why you don’t want to go in. The place is a mess. Hey! Let’s go to the one beside it.”

Before even agreeing to anything, SuHo dragged me to the other café. We both entered I realised that there was no one else inside, SuHo just gladly chose where we would sit, “This place is much better, I hope the coffee is better than it looks,” SuHo cheerfully smiled as he took the menu from the waiter, “Wow, this place is expensive.”

I couldn’t help but laugh, SuHo never appealed to me as a demon who saves money, seeing the amount of alcohol he drinks I thought he wasn’t a big fan of saving money. “Waiter, the beautiful lady and I would like cup of hot chocolate please,” SuHo seems really gentleman-like, no one these days address a girl with ‘lady’ and calls their younger brother by ‘my dear little brother’. If you don’t know the truth about SuHo, he really seems like an old-fashion demon who had just popped to the future using a time machine.

I wonder why BaekHyun isn’t this way even though he had lived 1026 years, thinking about BaekHyun acting all ‘gentleman-like’ really gives me the goosebumps, maybe it’s best if he was himself.

“Hey you!” I heard SuHo yelled as he was glaring up at the waiter, which wasn’t to my surprise was Kai. I didn’t know they knew each other, even if they did each other what was the reason that was making SuHo this angry?

“What are you doing here?” Kai asked dangerously, his face completely displaying that he disliked SuHo to his guts, “I thought you buried yourself under a rock for 500 years. Don’t you think it’s best if you just stayed there?”

Wow, Kai seems different from how I first met him. Though thinking back to those words he said to SuHo ‘500 years’, it’s strange that Kai is only a human. Unless he’s a demon as well?!

“You stupid angel, learn some manners and respect your elders,” SuHo scoffed standing up and dragged me towards the door. So that means Kai is an angel, I can see why SuHo hates him so much. But honestly why does demons hate angels?

As SuHo was dragging me to the door, I felt someone else grabbing my other arm, looking up I saw that it was Kai. “Where do you think you’re going with this ghost? She doesn’t belong to a soul eating demon like you,” Kai glared at SuHo, I noticed SuHo’s eyes firing up as his red eyes were burning up.

“Don’t stick your goody-goody pixie nose into my business boy,” SuHo released me from Kai’s grasp and made his way over to Kai. Violently staring into Kai’s eyes, SuHo grabbed his him by his collar, “Don’t think that you’re an angel I won’t rip your head off that neck of yours.”

“Stop arguing like babies!” I couldn’t control my mouth and accidentally slipped it out. The both cooled down and turned their heads towards me, SuHo’s eyes were slowly turning back to his normal brown colour.

“That’s right you no-brain demon, listen to the beautiful lady,” Kai smiled, pushing SuHo off of him as he straightened his shirt, “I’m sorry for displaying such a rude scene. I apologise.”

“Haven’t you realised you’re still the same that called her a ghost? Ladies don’t like to be called a ghost in public,” SuHo scoffed annoyingly. Everything happened so fast I couldn’t process everything in my brain properly, Kai grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the café without SuHo even noticing. He hugged me from behind and before I knew it we were flying in the air.

“Sorry about that HyoMi, I’ll be borrowing you for a moment,” Kai spoke softly as he was tightly holding me so I wouldn’t fall, “It won’t be long, I promise I’ll return you back.”

“Where are we going? And why are you kidnapping me?”

“Well I guess I’ll leave it to you to find out,” he winked and didn’t say anything else. Getting kidnapped by an angel, I wonder what’s going to happen. I’m pretty sure being captured by an angel is far safer than a demon. Well, this just ensures that I wouldn’t die on BaekHyun when the 3 months haven't been completed yet. I wonder how SuHo was going to react, maybe he’s panicking right now that he had lost me.