Chapter 6

Attached to Death [Incomplete]

Chapter 6

I felt as my eyes were on the verge of closing, my head felt like it was smashing itself against a brick wall. Sitting in the dim lit room as the light of TV was blinding my eyes, I desperately needed some shut eye. Before I knew it, my body automatic did what I was craving all week, a good night sleep. “WAKE UP!!!” SuHo’s voice rang through my right ear and bounce straight to the left, causing my body to jump in shock, “How can you fall asleep when we’re watching a movie? It’s rude.”

“Here have another cup of coffee,” BaekHyun sighed exasperatingly popping the thermal open, like it was the thousandth time he had repeatedly did this. Pouring his ‘already made’ coffee into my cup, he handed me the cup. For the past week, BaekHyun and SuHo have been trying to occupy me in order to keep me awake so I won’t fall into that ‘sleeping disease’ plus its part of being an immortal, so I have to obey.

“You know what is rude? FORCING SOMEONE TO STAY AWAKE FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK AND FEEDING THEM COFFEE!!!” I finally exploded, I know it wasn’t nice to suddenly explode like that, but demons aren't nice creatures either, so I could say it’s fair. The coffee and extreme fatigue has gotten the best of me, if this is how an immortal lives, I’ll probably go back to the death phase.

“I heard coffee keeps humans awake. Unless I give you sugar instead?” BaekHyun frowned earnestly looking confused. You got to be joking? Where in the world did he hear that from? BaekHyun looked as though he was in deep thoughts, suddenly he glanced over at SuHo who was replacing popcorn with vodka while watching the movie, “Hey, how is this helping? You said scary movies would keep her awake. Instead she’s getting more sleepy.”

“Aren’t you scared?! I’m freaking out here!” SuHo complained in shock, “Look at the way the main character cries, it’s horrible and unattractive.”

“SuHo it’s a romance tragedy, it’s suppose to be sad. Not scary,” I sighed, standing up and started sleepily tried making my way to my room. I couldn’t help but chuckle at his scrunched up facial expression while watching the movie. I guess movies with demons, ghosts, blood and ghoul would be a demon’s favorite movie. As I entered my room, I immediately slumped myself onto the pillow. But somehow the pillow feels a bit strange, harder than usual. “Hey, who allowed you to lay on me?” BaekHyun’s voice shocked me, sitting up I realised he was sitting on my bed with a pillow propped up. When did he get here? He was supposed to be watching that ‘scary’ movie with SuHo.

“What are you doing here?” I asked sounding unpleased as I frowned in annoyance, there needs to be some rules in this house if I’m letting two demons stay.

“I’m watching you. If you sleep I’ll wake you up,” he smirked entertainingly as I watched him pulled out a book and started reading. Quietly I grabbed another pillow and laid it on the other side of the bed, laying down I turned my back towards him. I just want the 3 months to speed up, so I can choose to die. Being an immortal is even harder than being human.

“You’re not asleep are you?” BaekHyun broke the silence with his concerned voice.

“No… not yet,” I decided it was best if I replied, otherwise he’ll just get annoyed for being ignored or that I’ve fallen asleep.

“You know this is the easiest step to becoming an immortal. If you can’t cope through this then how are you going to cope for another thousand years?”

I honestly felt like no one has been listening to a word I’ve been saying for the past few months. I DON’T NEED TO LIVE FOR ANOTHER THOUSAND YEARS! I let out an irritated sigh, “I don’t want this. You know that and you should stop convincing yourself that I’ll change because the answer will probably be death.”

“If death was your answer, why didn’t you tell me that from the start?”

I was about to argue back but I couldn’t find the words or voice to fight back, I honestly am still confused about my answer. “HyoMi, you’re not being entirely honest to yourself,” BaekHyun said in his voice there was a mix of mockery and expectation, “You were unsure of your answer and asked me to answer for you. But have you ever considered asking me to help you find the answer?”

Annoyed I turned my body and faced him, he was looking down at me as though he had expected me to say something. I glared up at him knowing exactly what he wanted to hear, he was right but I just hate losing to him. “How am I supposed to ask when all you have been doing was going off for the past two weeks and leaving SuHo to babysit me?” I questioned wondering what he would say to fight back.

“What are you trying to imply? That I don’t care enough for you?”

“WHAT?! No! …But it’s pretty clear that you only care about your life than me,” I tried hiding that smirk, feeling a bit of success heading in my direction.

“Are you blind because I can see an obvious connection between my life and yours?” BaekHyun laughed raising his pinky to my face, suddenly I saw a red thread tied to his pinky. My eyes traced the thread and looking down at my pinky I saw the thread attached to my pinky. How come I can see the red thread? Damn him, why is it that I always fail to win a debate against him? Maybe he is using his powers over me or I just at debating. Though the latter sounds much more realistic.

“You weren’t lying about the Red Thread?” I said trying to see if I can untie the knot around my pinky, BaekHyun grabbed my hand and stopped me from untying it. “Don’t even bother trying to untie it, I’ve tried many times already. It’ll just leave you disappointed,” BaekHyun sighed and soon I no longer could see the thread.

“It disappeared?”

“Humans aren’t supposed to see it. You’re lucky that you got to see yours,”

“Well, who was the one who claim to be my soul mate? Obviously you were the one who already spilt the beans,”

“You know pushing the blame to other people isn’t really nice,”

“I’m not pushing any blame when it was your fault!”

“There you go again. You never seem to listen to others,” BaekHyun shook his head going back to reading his book. Man he was driving me crazy! How can he always win like that? Does he seriously know what all my answers are?

“You know it’s an unfair fight when you already know all my answers,” I protested, annoyed BaekHyun lowered his book and turned to me. He slowly raised his eyebrow on his handsome face with a small smirk dancing across his lips, “Fight? You call that a fight?”

He only asked that question? What about expanding further on the statement like he always do? I didn’t say anything, only waiting for him to say something that was more… arguable. “HyoMi, let me tell you something. If you consider every conversation to be a fight then I guess you’ll never win over me,” he chuckled, now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow at him. Seriously? He calls that a ‘conversation’?

“Not only that I know every answer out of your mouth, but I can also feel your pain too,”

“Pain meaning physical?”

“Duh! I’m a demon! Demons can't feel emotional pain,” he rolled his eyes like I was a pain to be talking to, “Remember the first time we met? You punched me in the eye then you ended up with an aching eye? Well I can tell you that it's because you’re attached to me.”

“So we both could feel each other’s pain. But why don’t I know your answers?”

“That’s because you’re not immortal,”

“The convincing doesn’t work!”

“You think I’m convincing you?” he laughed mockingly at me, “HyoMi, it seems as though when I try to have a civil conversation with you, you always end up turning it to a fight. Better watch that temper.”

“Well you better what that blabber mouth of yours!”

“Blabber mouth?” BaekHyun questioned… again, mocking me with another one of his soft chuckle, “Killer is the blabber mouth. If you ask him a question, he’ll end up giving you an essay.”

That’s quite true. After meeting SuHo for at least two weeks, he has already exposed to me so much more than BaekHyun has ever has during the past months. But somehow now the first thing that was worrying me wasn’t about winning against BaekHyun and that mouth of his, all I wanted to ask about was what SuHo had told me a few weeks back. Even though I wanted to know the answer, I was finding it hard to approach to the topic.

“Umm…” I started but when I glanced up at BaekHyun he was staring down at me really strangely. It wasn’t an angry expression, but it wasn’t an affectionate look… it was more like he was afraid. “Is there something wrong?” I asked, he reacted weirdly and closed his book as he got off the bed, heading towards to the door.

“Hey! You still haven’t told me what’s wrong?” I quickly got out of bed and ran towards him. I really don’t know if he was purposely pocking at my curiosity or just trying to run away from a serious conversation.BaekHyun stopped in his tracks as I grabbed onto his arm, he sighed and turned around, looking down into my curious eyes, “Let go HyoMi.”

“Not until you tell me. You can’t just walk out when I’m talking to you,”

“You obviously don’t understand do you?! The moment when you were about to open your mouth I already knew what was going to be spoken out! SuHo told you, but if I was so openly about this then I would’ve spilt the beans long ago!

“What the hell is wrong with you?! Did you just eat a rotten egg or something?! What is wrong with knowing more?! You clearly know that I don’t understand what is going on in my life right now! I NEED YOU TO TELL ME THE ANSWERS!”

“This isn’t something you should be questioning about!”

“WHY CAN’T I?! This has something to do with you being attached to me! I need to know why you’re doing these things to me!” I argued back, he didn’t need to raise his voice. It might be understandable that it was his problem, but when I’m involved in it I have the right to know. Geez, who’s the one starting a fight now?!

“YOU DON’T NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING! JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE AS AN IMMORTAL FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS THEN YOU CAN QUESTION ME!”

This guy is so stubborn, what’s wrong with explaining things further? I already know majority of the story! He told me in the first place that he’ll answer any questions I was unsure, now he’s just going to yell at me for asking?!

“PROBABLY AT THAT POINT I WON’T BE ABLE TO QUESTION YOU ANYTHING BECAUSE WE’LL EITHER BE DEAD OR I’LL BE AN IMMORTAL AND YOU WON’T HAVE TO BOTHER WITH ME ANYMORE! YOU MIGHT AS WELL TELL ME NOW OR DON’T EVEN BOTHER WITH ME ANYMORE!”

BaekHyun seems really angry after I’ve said that, I watch as he moved his face closer to mine. Slowly, I observed as his eyes were starting to glow a bloody crimson red, which stared deep into my eyes. “You’re not in any position to order me to do anything,” he roughly ripped my arm that was still holding onto his away, I’ve never seen this side of him. Although my initial impression of SuHo was scary, but there was no demon as intimidating as BaekHyun at this point of time.

I challenged him as I stared straight into his crimson eyes, suddenly feeling as he wrapped his cold fingers around my neck, slowly I felt him tightening his hand around my neck. I didn’t move an inch, I’d remained in the same position still looking into his eyes.

“Don’t think that I can’t kill you with my hands,” he warned, his eyes glowing brighter and much bloodier by the second. He might snap and break my neck in a matter of a blink, but I know he wouldn’t do anything to harm his own life.

“Then do it,” I breathed out as his grip around my neck tighten, sealing my air supply while I felt him what's left of me away. Closing my eyes, I suddenly felt my head aching as though it was starting to shut off. I can’t believe this, when we ended up with a serious fight BaekHyun isn’t once hesitant about eating me. I guess I was wrong about him caring about his life.