Chapter 10

Attached to Death [Incomplete]

Chapter 10

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE SITUATION FOR ME!” SuHo entered the apartment with an extremely angry expression as he saw his worst nightmare camping right in our lounge room, on the sofa eating his snacks, “DEATH! IF I FIND THAT YOU’RE BEHIND THIS I’M GOING TO TWIST THAT NECK OF YOURS 720 DEGREES!!!”

I guess you couldn’t blame him for reacting this way, but it wasn’t much of a choice. But I always thought SuHo would be mad at me since I sorta was Kai’s friend beforehand. In the end BaekHyun was the one who got yelled at. I wonder why though? Well I never got a say in this. Guess that’s pretty fair.

BaekHyun just simply went over to SuHo and pat him on the shoulder, throwing him inside apartment closing the door afterwards. “Shut up. You’re making a ruckus,” BaekHyun sighed while SuHo was standing stiff like he was still dreaming. The only thing that came from SuHo’s mouth afterwards was, “Whoever allowed this pixie in here I’ll make sure you won’t have a happy life.”

“BaekHyun is going to be what?” I repeated the question noticing how they casually continued ignoring me, clearly not caring if I even opened my mouth or not. Trying to finish their glaring contest, it concluded with the same results, no one was going to give up. BaekHyun smugly glared at the angry Kai and scoffed, “What will you do if I’m going to stand in the way of your duties?”

Kai averted his eyes ending the contest and looked over me, “I’m going to stick to her like glue. Then you can stop training her to be a demon.”

“What?! What do you think you’re saying?!” my jaw was hanging after hearing that, not only do I have two demons to look after me, now I also have an angel too?! Wow, I really must be seen like some sort of baby. What do I have to do in order to get my own freedom?!

It was as though I spilt that out, their eyes turned towards me, but Kai was the one who made his way closer to me, looking down at me he sweetly smiled, “I’m sorry HyoMi, but I guess I have to bother you for quite a while.”

“Hey! You’re not staying here!” BaekHyun yelled, only to be ignored by Kai who kept smiling at me with his gentle smile. I was speechless, what has my house turned into? A refuge for demons and angels? Turning over to BaekHyun he just looked over at Kai as they were back to their glaring contest, but BaekHyun suddenly turned to me with an uninterested gaze, “I’m not going let you spilt the room into three.”

With that, BaekHyun headed out of my room as Kai thanked me, even though I haven’t even opened my mouth, I also watched as Kai made his way out of my room. I wonder how SuHo would react when he finds out Kai was staying. But I also wonder why BaekHyun easily agreed after looking at Kai’s eyes? Don’t tell me Kai hypnotized him?!

The day seems even worse than usual, every minute there would at least be one argument. Especially SuHo’s complaining, after he found out that Kai invited himself to stay he was even more angry than he first entered the apartment. So BaekHyun decided to sneak me out while SuHo was having a food fight with Kai back at the apartment after the stupid fight about what to cook for dinner. Man, there must be a lot of cleaning to do. What a waste of money? If they don’t eat they should at least consider that I still eat food instead of souls.

 

Slowly dragging my legs after him, I couldn’t help but wonder why he once again chose to hide things from me. I know there were things that weren’t necessary to listen to, but this person is BaekHyun, he rarely tell me anything. Everything I know from him is from his brother, I mean stepbrother.

I didn’t question BaekHyun where he was taking me, but following after him down the street, I stared at his back as he continuous headed straight. I don’t understand why I would trust him in the way I did. Forget about all of those things, what was haunting my mind at this moment is what Kai spoke about. 

“Im HyoMi cannot be a demon!”

Well it could be for the best, but what about those 24 souls? They would’ve died for no reason. “Why are you always dazing off?” I snapped out of my train of thoughts as I no longer could see BaekHyun in front me, where did he disappear to? “I’m behind you genius.”

Great, the demon like BaekHyun for once waited for me. But too bad I was in complete daze and didn’t even realise he was waiting for me, “Where are we going?”

“Don’t you think it would’ve been better if you asked in the first place? We’re already here,” BaekHyun smirked making his way into an apartment, grabbing my hand as he dragged me inside. We entered the elevator and took the lift right up to the rooftop, it was still strange to me why he suddenly took me out here.

Upon arriving to the rooftop, BaekHyun just slumped down on the ground looking up at the sky, lucky for him the sunset was just about to end, if he were to look right at the sun, he would’ve blinded the both of us. “Why did you bring me here?” I asked still standing up looking down at him, relaxingly resting.

“I just needed to clarify a few things about Vigor or Kai with you. You have to be careful with him, you might see him as angelic, holy and whatever but he could harm you,” BaekHyun breathed out as the night cold was starting to hit us, “Angels are unlike demons, they can manipulate a troubled soul whenever they need to. Demons have to make deals and seal them order to manipulate a soul.”

“How does that work?” I suddenly got interested and took a seat beside BaekHyun.

“It’s similar to how we feed on souls. Make a promise, but instead of completing it and devouring them. We complete it and mark them,”

“So that’s all you wanted to tell me?”

“Don’t… I don’t think there’s anymore,”

“Don’t… Don’t let him kiss you or touch you,”

“What?!” I couldn’t control mouth and yelled out in absurd, what did he mean by saying that? Its scary hearing BaekHyun say something like that, “You did that on purpose!”

“Of course I did! Angels can hear everything! Don’t you think that’s how the life journals work?!” he sounded pissed after letting me hear that ‘secret’ thing, I watched as he turned his back to me in annoyance, “Just listen to me. Angels have many powers that can control humans and even demons, if you don’t listen to me he’s going to intervene with your thoughts.”

“Don’t tell me him hypnotized you before?”

“What?”

“He hypnotized you to let him stay,”

“He wouldn’t hypnotize me, even if he did he couldn’t make it work,”

“Why would you say that? Not long ago you said they can control humans and demons,”

“I didn’t mean anything like that…*sigh… It’s just that I could rip his wings off in seconds before he can do anything to disrupt my mind,” I’ve never heard BaekHyun sigh like that before, it was strange, but I guess a demon like him has trouble explaining things too. I sort of prefer this side of him than the bossy butthead he always act.

“Hey, BaekHyun. Why do I have to continue being a demon? The angels obviously object to that, why are you still trying to turn me?”

“Isn’t it noticeable that I’ll die if you die? If I fall in love with you I’ll die? If you think too much of death I’ll be consumed too? Everything about you will cause me to die, I have to risk this,” BaekHyun still had his back facing me as the anger and frustration in his voice made my heart slowly ache. The twinge in my heart was confusing me, I’ve never felt this before. I know BaekHyun only did this to stay alive, but why did my heart suddenly ache? Was it because I’m feeling BaekHyun’s pain or it was simply mine?

“BaekHyun, are you having a heart attack? My chest feels like it was having a heart attack,” I asked just to make sure, I couldn’t understand that sudden feeling. BaekHyun sat up and turned to face me, he looked over at with a cheeky smile, “Your heart is aching?”

“Yeah, was it you?”

“I didn’t feel anything,” he smugly smirked, his eyes were locked onto mine, “Oh no, HyoMi. You’re in love.” In shock I immediately got up and stared down at him, it can’t be. He must be lying. How can I fall in love with him when all I’ve been feeling was frustration and irritation towards him?

“Don’t joke around,”

“I’m not joking. When a demon is in love their heart would ache a million times worse than a heart attack, if I could feel it then you must have heart problems. But if I can’t feel it then that means you’re in love,”

“But it didn’t feel like a heart attack. It must be your heart problems, you’re just saying that to tease me,”

BaekHyun shrugged as though he was telling me to believe whatever I did, I can’t be in love, it must that sick heart of BaekHyun. He stood up and dragged me along with him towards the exit, being forcefully dragged out, I suddenly turned back and saw a small spot of red liquid on the ground. Pulling BaekHyun back I looked at him weirdly, I pointed over to the blood on the ground, I wonder how that got there. It couldn’t be that BaekHyun was cutting himself while facing his back to me, if that happened then I would’ve been cut too. I knew he was hiding something from me, “What-”

“YAH! YOU SON OF A ! DID YOU KNOW HOW LONG I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!” I heard a loud voice yelling from behind us, I turned around to see a beautiful girl with long blonde hair, her wide black wings caught my eyes as she was flying towards us. Before I knew it I watched as she crashed onto BaekHyun causing him to fall to the ground, the girl grabbed him by his hair and was screaming her head off in anger. “DID YOU THINK YOU COULD HIDE FROM ME FOREVER?! YOU FLIRTING BASTARD, HITTING ON ME AND THEN RUNNING AWAY FROM ME! I’LL MAKE SURE YOU DON’T HAVE ANYMORE HAIR TO GO AROUND FLIRTING WITH OTHER GIRLS!!!”

Wow, I never knew BaekHyun was the player type, though honestly from what I’ve seen I think SuHo was more of that type, due to his continuous flirting when I first met him. Well I guess there’s more to what meets the eye. I remained quiet watching as the girl started shaking him like she was releasing her anger on a punching bag, okay maybe she was, I really hope BaekHyun would be okay, my head was started to ache too.

Deciding to stop her, I made my way towards the both of them, “Hey, I’m sorry but I think-” She immediately stopped and turned to glare at me, her eyes were starting to glow redder by the minute as she threw BaekHyun aside and made her way up to me. Grabbing me by the collar, she lifted me up as though I only weighted the same as a pillow.

“Who’s this pretty demon here? Huh? You’re his new girlfriend?” her smirk was full of jealousy and from the bloody eyes I knew she was serious enough to rip my head off, “THAT JERK! GOING FOR YOUNGER GIRLS! HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS TO ME ?!”

“You’re misunderstanding, I’m not his-”

“YOU THINK YOU’RE A BETTER GIRLFRIEND THEN ME? EVER HEARD OF FIRST COME FIRST SERVES?! We practically did everything together! How can you go in between us like that?! I love him, how much do you love him?! I love him even more than my life! Didn’t you know we already marked each other!”

I didn’t know what to say, I was still speechless. This girlfriend of BaekHyun sure loves him a lot, it’s amazing to see such a passionate demon for love. “Let her go, Gloom,” I heard BaekHyun’s voice, seeing as he stood up and made his way towards us, I looked in Gloom’s eyes to see tears starting to fill her lower lid, although the tears were there, it never once fell. Is that what tears does to demons? Not matter how hard you want to cry, you just can’t? Because demons’ hearts are not that strong enough to cry.

“Geez, your screaming is killing my ears,” BaekHyun sighed in annoyance as he made his way up to us and ripped me from Gloom’s grip. Gloom then looked over at him and her eyes grew into a shocked expression, “Death?”

“Yes it’s me. You’re lucky I’m not bald,” BaekHyun glared at her as she looked at me, Gloom looked really stunned which made me confused. Gloom moved closer towards me and unexpectedly wrapped her arms around me, “I’m sorry dear. I didn’t mean to scare you, make sure you love Death. Stay loving him, I didn’t mean to say those things to you.”

Now I was even more confused, I thought she loved BaekHyun like her life? Even though she was yelling her head off at me, I actually find her really caring and nice when she wasn’t mad. Letting go of me, Gloom pat me on the head and sweetly smiled at me. “Well I’m off to find Killer, sorry Death. You two look so alike, you even sound so similar.”

“More like you’re too obsessed you couldn’t tell us apart,” BaekHyun muttered under his breath. I really thought it was lucky that Gloom didn’t hear him, she would’ve turned back and shook him a few more times. Within an instant Gloom disappeared and I looked up at BaekHyun still looking wounded from that misunderstanding. “Is she-” I started but BaekHyun interjected.

“Yes, she’s Killer’s girlfriend. She’s older than me by 600 years,” he sighed rubbing his head in pain, “Damn that lady is still so violent.”

“Are you okay?”

“Of course not! She plucked so much hair! I was going to pluck her feathers afterwards!”

“But why didn’t you?”

BaekHyun remained silent and turned away, heading towards the door. I reckon he’s afraid of Gloom, though I’m also scared of her. “You’re scared of her aren’t you?” I mischievously questioned looking at him as though I’m right.

I watched as he stopped, I quickly ran towards him to see a shade of red flustered over his cheeks, BaekHyun covered his mouth with his hand as he glared at me, “Did you see the way she attacked me? She’s stronger than me, because they marked each other. I can win against Killer because we’re brothers, but she’s like a wild beast.”

“Marked each other?”

“It’s like linking two beings together, they share each other’s pain, thoughts and powers. Something like this, but more powerful,” BaekHyun said raising his pinky up, it was then I saw the red thread again. That’s right we’re linked, but being marked is something more special because it’s out of love. Though I wonder why SuHo never mentioned about Gloom before. “Come on let’s get back before Gloom attacks your apartment. You don’t know what she’s capable of.”

“I wanted ask why SuHo was hiding from her. Was it that 500 years he disappeared?”

“You can say that. My brother just needed a break. He went missing for 500 years because something happened,”

I nodded hearing his answer, but something was still bugging me. I didn’t know how to explain what I was feeling or what I wanted to ask so I wouldn’t be bugged by it anymore. I just didn’t want to ask BaekHyun because I doubt he’ll give me the correct answer. The blood on the ground was floating around in my mind like it wanted me to tell me something.

“What colour is demon blood?”

BaekHyun turned and looked at me as though I just asked a random question out of nowhere, he was uneasy and it was obvious to me that he didn’t want to tell me because he realised that I was poking my nose in the ‘blood on the ground’ issue again. I just lowered my head in irritation and headed out of the door first. “You…”

“You… You are gay butthead! And I thought you bringing me here, would at least allow my questions to be answered,”

“You can just cut yourself to see what colour your blood is,” BaekHyun chucked as I could heard his footsteps behind me.

“That…”

“That… That was a simple question and yet you have to make me cut myself to find out! What kind of logical brain do you have?! Oh that’s right, you have a butthead!”