Chapter 4

Attached to Death [Incomplete]

Chapter 4

I shot up feeling slightly frantic as I saw BaekHyun staring over at me weirdly, almost as though I’ve disturbed him in some kind of annoying way. “Hey, what’s wrong with you?” he asked taking a seat on the bed as I couldn’t recall much of what was happening. One moment I was trying to sleep then someone came into my room… after that I don’t remember what had occurred or who I saw.

“I asked you a question,” he reminded me, but I only stared over at him and didn’t say anything. There was too much happening in my mind.

“Yah! Tell me what happened! You slept here like a pig for 2 consecutive days and I couldn’t wake you up. Do you know how scared I was?! I thought you died!” he finally exploded, it was very unlikely he was worried about me. Of course he’s just worried about his life hanging at the end of my fishing rod, almost on the brink of being fish bait.

But serious? 2 consecutive days? That’s the entire weekend gone, I thought it was just like a minute.

“What happened to me?”

“You’re supposed to answer that question!” BaekHyun seem rather pissed, it wasn’t like I missed anything special while I slept, or did it?

“Then why don’t you tell me what happened while I was sleeping? Did you see anyone?” I asked, noticing as he was slightly getting restless, maybe something strange happened while I was asleep. But judging from BaekHyun’s expression, it didn’t look like something that can be said out loud. Well to a person like me, I suppose.

BaekHyun let out a short sigh as he averted his eyes from mine lowering his head, he sat there silently for a couple of minutes before his lips parted, “I don’t know what happened to you while you were asleep. But my brother came to visit.”

“Your brother? You have a brother?!”

BaekHyun furrowed his eyebrows looking as though my reaction was completely weird and unexpected, “Well I do have a brother. His name is Killer, the Demon of Greed,”

 “His name definitely sounds similar to yours. You demons have weird names,”

“It’s only fair, since we’re the Devil’s sons. But forget him, he’s just useless. Now it’s your turn to tell me what happened,”

I frowned honestly I couldn't remember. But strangely how did a few minutes turned into 2 days? Was it about the timing of different Realms like BaekHyun had mentioned about? It could possibly be. That probably means that I’ve been brought either in the Underworld or Heaven Realm.

“What are you thinking about?” BaekHyun asked examining my expression, trying to figure out what was on my mind. I’ll be so screwed if he was the Demon of Mind-Reading or something, luckily he’s not. “Did you figure something out?” his impatience was making me feeling uncomfortable, is he that worried about me or himself? This demon is so hard to tell at times.

“Nothing, just a random thought,” I smiled hopping out of bed to wash up, if I’ve been laying here for 2 days then that means I haven’t bathe for 3 days! Gross, better go for that soothing bath. I could still feel BaekHyun’s eyes on me as I headed to the closet to get some fresh clothes, it’s just so strange, the way he’s acting now. Was it because of the immortal deal we had? 3 months, I don’t know if I can survive living for 3 months being immortal. Just living like this is already hard enough, if only there was a way to end it without causing BaekHyun to die.

After preparing the water along with bubbles which I adore, I hoped into the tub lying down as the warmth of the water soothed my uneasiness. Resting my eyes, the sweet fragrance of soap lifted away my worries. But now that I think about it, I never got to know what kind of demon BaekHyun’s brother was. I wonder if I’ll get to meet him one day, maybe he wouldn’t be as useless as BaekHyun said.

“…you-”

Before my eyes I saw a tall well-built figure dressed in white, the bright glowing radiance surrounding him made it impossible to see the details of his face clearly. He was standing in front of me as I still had my hands tightly grasping the comforter in shock.

“You know I’ll answer any questions you have,” the alluring charming voice spoke, but it was a shame I couldn’t see his face, “If you want to know who I am, I can tell you I’m the Angel of Time.”

“Angel of Time? Why are you here? Is my time up?” I asked trying to cover the overwhelming feeling within me as the first meeting with BaekHyun didn’t really turn out like I had expected.

“HyoMi, your time hasn’t existed for a while. The time you’re holding on is merely nothing but a fraud, don’t think that being attached to Death will keep you alive forever. There will be a day where the life you both have will cease to exist,”

“Death? Oh, you mean BaekHyun. If you put it like that, then it was already decided that both me and BaekHyun- I mean Death, would eventually die,” I thought about it for awhile, was this the reason why BaekHyun seriously wanted me to stay alive, because it was decided that he was suppose to die with me?

“HyoMi, remember what I’ve told you before. It’s best to end it now, sooner or later punishment will be bestowed,” the angel reminded me as he made his way closer to me, finally through all of that talking I get to see his face properly now, “I forget to tell you my name is-”

“IM HYOMI!!!” feeling as someone was vigorously shaking me, I heard my name echoing across the room. Slowly opening my eyes I found an angry BaekHyun staring down at me, sitting up I found myself wrapped in my comforter, my skin was extremely cold. Running my fingers through my hair, I found out that it was already dry, I thought I was in the shower.

“What’s going on?” I stared at him seriously confused, one minute I was in the bathtub then now I’m on the sofa with the comforter around me, “Why am I here?”

“Stop doing this HyoMi! Every time you close your eyes you end up sleeping for days on end without waking up! I fished you out of the bathtub 3 days ago!”

“WHAT?!” my eyes widened in shock, BaekHyun grumpily sat on the wooden coffee table with his arms crossed over his chest, he seems really angry with me. Does that mean I won’t ever get to fall asleep ever again? Looking over at BaekHyun, I could still see his worried expression with his face covered with a shiny gloss of sweat, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I don’t know remember what happened.”

BaekHyun sighed and stood up impatiently pacing around the room as though he was hesitating about something. “You know if there’s something you want to tell me, you shouldn’t hide it,” it was killing me seeing him acting this way, I know there was something he was hiding from me.

“I think…” he suddenly paused for a while, “I think I’m going to catch something to eat.”

“Wow, why didn’t you invite me too?” a strange voice spoke from behind me, slowly turning around I saw the back of a tall guy as he was standing beside the window, “You’re so cruel to me. Hiding my favorite food from me.”

Suddenly he appeared beside me on the sofa and smirked as he stared down at me. He starting running his index finger down my face as he leaned in closer, “You’re a beauty and a delicious one too.” He just called me delicious?! Where did this person come from?

“Killer! Don’t you dare make another move or I’ll kick you out!” BaekHyun yelled dragging the guy away from me.

“Oh come on brother, I haven’t eaten for so long. You know this is my favorite type. Ghosts I’ve already tried, but never had I tasted a living ghost,” Killer smirked his lips deviously. Somehow this demon looks even scarier