Chapter 11

Attached to Death [Incomplete]

Chapter 11

Opening my eyes, I watched as dark fogs of smoke flooded the surroundings as I sat up, it almost felt like I was getting the best view of every scene in this movie. Trying to get off the bed, I found myself trapped in my seat, unable to even lift a finger. A cold chill ran down my spine as I heard undying screams of pain that taint my ears, the heat of the fire made it even harder to breath.

The fire was catching up to me, spreading up my legs and abdomen, I was numbed. Although I’ve watched this movie countless times, the black bloody parched hands of my father reaching out to me still frighten me. Hearing my mother’s voice yelling in agony slowly ate away my heart, the small child’s body of my baby brother left me to question why I couldn’t do anything to help. I can start to see my tears flooding the screen of my TV, I can’t even move to wipe it away. My voice is locked inside my voice box, how worthless am I, I couldn’t even say ‘goodbye’ for the last time.

Closing my eyes shut trying to block out the pain, I felt a cold hand gently caressing my cheeks wiping the loose tears that stained my face. I didn’t understand why but I started to cry even more, I wasn’t scared of anything else either this was a ghost or person, I just wanted to cry.

“It’s over now HyoMi. My name is Death and I'll be taking care of you from now on,” the deep male voice reassured as I slowly opened my eyes. I found myself no longer crying and the dark smoky atmosphere has now became brighter and serene. Seated comfortably on a bench I looked ahead at the white clouds wondering where I was. The curiosity within my 12 year old body as I slowly turned to guy sitting beside me on my right.

As I slowly turned my head over to his direction, I felt a soft light flew past my eyes. Without even getting a chance to see the person, all that was left was a white feather resting beside me on the seat. Picking it up, I looked at it and pouted childishly as I threw it away, deciding to lay down on the bench to take a rest, I rested my eyes.

Suddenly a beautiful aroma caught my attention, opening my eyes I found a bowl of soup in front of me on the ground, near the bench. Sitting up I went over and picked it up, it was then I noticed a white feather beside the bowl. It must’ve been the same guy.

“HyoMi ya!” in shock I woke up, seeing Gloom’s wide smile in front of me I was wondering why she would wake me up, “You just woke up, wanna go eat breakfast?”

She was smiling so sweetly at me, while I recall back to the scene where I found my house in a mess after coming home that day. Apparently Kai said SuHo was trying to run away from her but failed. I guess after seeing her violent side, it’s hard to see her being so caring towards me. Then again, she chose to stay here so she has to be nice to me.

“Sure, where’s the others?”

“Still sleeping. I wanted to sneak you out. You must be starving after being locked up here for a couple of days,”

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It wasn’t because I was locked up or anything. Kai wanted to keep a good eye on me so he made me stay home and forbid me to go out just in case BaekHyun dragged me out of the apartment like the last time. I wasn’t feeling hungry, but after hearing Gloom say it made me feel slightly hungry.

“Come on, we can get to know each other. We’re going to be sisters, so we better have some time together,” Gloom sweetly smiled helping me out of the bed, “It was quite surprising to hear Killer say that you use to be human.”

Noticed as she unconsciously her lips, “Death says your transition isn’t finish and you need to feed. But don’t worry unni will look after you.”

“Thank you,” I smiled back at her picking some casual clothing to change into, “Unni, don’t you have a human name? Everyone else has one.”

“Naa, I’m proud of my name. Why would you want to have a human name? The others are just silly,” she snorted proudly, though I guess her attitude matches her power. BaekHyun did say she was the Demon of Pride, so I shouldn’t hurt her pride or else she’ll strangle me to death. Though seeing SuHo do it seems so easy to survive her strangles and hair plucking.

After quickly getting changed we both headed out, I felt sort of bad for not telling BaekHyun or Kai about this, but I just couldn’t help my hungry stomach. Heading outside, I didn’t realise that it was still quite early, the sun has just peeked a small sunray from the horizon. I guess after becoming a demon, time wasn’t such an important aspect in my life anymore.

“So what do you normally feed on?” Gloom turned to me with an indecisive smirk on her lips.

“I don’t know, BaekHyun usually feed me red souls,”

“Nooo, they aren’t good. You should try the green ones, they are the ones which gives you the most energy. I’ll take to some,” she smiled happily at me grabbing my hand and started dragging me, slowly she started running faster and before I knew it, I was dragged into a another place.

The place looked like a small corner behind some apartment building, suddenly I spotted some shadows moving out from the shadows of the alley. There were a group of men as they all stared at Gloom with nothing but fear in their eyes. “Hey guys, I’m back for a feed. Any volunteers or do I have to pick?” Gloom greeted them in a quite unique way.

They all exchanged glances and pointed fingers at each other, Gloom just burst out laughing and pointed at two men. The both of them stood in the same position as the rest already fled. “I brought my little sister here today so be nice,” Gloom smiled sweetly at them as she glanced over at me, “Pick one HyoMi.”

“P-p-please don’t kill me, eat him instead. I don’t want to die,” one of the men spoke out pushing the other one closer to me, “I have 3 kids and a sick mother, please let me live.”

“Don’t listen to his pleading, these souls are only selfish and greedy to live. They would sacrifice anything just to live and get their drugs,” Gloom snorted as the man was continuing with his begging and what Gloom call them ‘lies’.

“Then want to you lust the most?” I asked looking into his eyes as he looked shocked at me, his long messy uncombed hair covered parts of his face as his beard were starting to grow out. His hands were shaking as he rubbed the still lit cigarette between his fingers. I knew my powers would make him spill out the truth. As he looked into my eyes the only words escaping from his lips were, “Money. Drugs. Power.”

“What if in exchange for your life you give me your 3 children’s souls?”

“You can take it, just let me live,” it was really shocking hearing that. I heard Gloom laughing from behind me, it was a laugh filled with mockery and appall. It was almost as though she was saying ‘I’ve told you so.’

“These drugs addicts don’t deserve to live, even the smallest thing as family and love you don’t have or want to keep,” just like that Gloom grabbed his neck and the daylights out of him as he was screaming with horror and pain, twist his neck she threw him aside, her lips with content.

The other man watched with fear as he went down to his knees begging me not to eat him, it just looks so pitiful. But Gloom was right, if someone were to place their three innocent children after their ruined drug addict life, then they don’t deserve to live.

“Finish that one too,” Gloom smiled over at me, “I know you’re hungry.”

I let out a sigh and bend down to the man, “What lusts you-”

“Wait! Who taught you to feed like that? Just stuck their souls forcefully and it’ll come out of their shell. Try it,”

“Okay,” I was a bit hesitant I’ve only fed on red souls with the same method BaekHyun taught me. Slowly forcefully the man’s soul away, it tasted quite weird at first. But I guess it was like being addicted to food, you couldn’t stop eating. Soon I felt as my body was weakening as images of his ruined life appeared through my mind. And before I knew it, he was in my mind stabbing me countless of times with a long knife in his hand.

“DON’T TOUCH ME YOU EVIL MONSTER! I DON’T DESERVE TO DIE!”

“YOU ARE GOING TO PAY! I’M GOING TO HAUNT YOU WITH THE LAST BREATH THAT I HAVE!”

“HyoMi!” I suddenly heard BaekHyun’s voice as I felt someone pulling away, stopping me from eating this man’s soul. Somehow my airways started to feel as though someone was blocking it, either choking me or stabbing me really hard in the throat. Trying to push that feeling away I felt as a rush of blood poured from my lips. I couldn’t move, every nerve in my body was like detached from my brain.

The half-conscious man fell to the ground as he was out of energy to move I noticed as his pale face was filled with anger as he was shaken from the pain. I think I’ve must’ve eaten quite a large portion of his soul.  “Death, why did-” Gloom started looking really shocked and worried.

“Who allowed you to let her go out?! She can only feed on red souls sealed by a deal! You could’ve killed her!” BaekHyun looked really angry as he carried me up in his arms, I didn’t understand why I specifically need to feed on one type of soul, but I guess I’m not completely a demon.

“You should’ve told me! Both you and Vigor locked this poor child in the house without any food, I couldn’t stand seeing her like that!”

“I don’t want to argue with you, let’s get her home,” BaekHyun annoyingly sighed as he glared at me with his red eyes, slowly making our way out of the alley, “Just rest, we’ll be home soon.” Listening to him I closed my eyes and tried holding in the strange pain.

“EVIL MONSTER DIE!!!” he continuously punched and kicked me, I felt so weak, I could barely even move. It was almost like I was a slave for him to hit, “DIE! DIE! DIE! GO TO HELL AND EN DIE!”

I didn’t know how long he hit me, though it seems endless. Soon enough he pulled out a knife from his pocket and moved closer to me. Watching as I laid on ground helpless, the satisfied smirk was present on his lips and he moved the tip of the knife closer to my heart. “I TOLD YOU TO DIE! NOW DI-”

My eyes fluttered open as I unexpectedly heard gunshots and a man yelling like he was scared, I couldn’t get a good view of what was happening, though I felt as a strange warm liquid sputtered across my face. The slight groan from BaekHyun and the angry yells from Gloom made it sounds as though we were being attacked.

“Monsters!”

“No they’re demons!”

“Demons? They exists?!” 

.

.

.

Tuesday 5th July

“Demons? They Exists?!”

It was a simple answer from merely what was seen as a joke from a random stranger on the streets has now caused so much chaos. What are demons? Do they really exist? Or just a random presumption that these fairy tale creatures exist? Demons has never been spoken of often in our everyday lives, but after the gruesome discovery of a dead body found in an alleyway lead to assumptions that these beings really exist.

Forensics clearly state that the victim has no symptoms of being involved in a fight, but the strangest thing was that his head was twisted 180 degrees causing a stir for the public. But it was not until police had discovered another body which was found still alive unconscious gave evidence that demons were after his soul. He hasn’t completely recovered and further questioning will be done.

Questioning of the witness who first discovered the body has been made private as he is a police and basing from his recall of the account, “I was on duty as I heard strange noises from the alley, when I went to check I saw two shadows. Two of them has wings. The girl had black wings but the guy had one black one white. The first reaction as an ordinary human I let out a yell and fired my gun at a very young looking guy carrying a girl. I didn’t know what was going on but I figured that they were kidnapping her or something. I shot the guy’s wing but they managed to escape. It wasn’t until then I realised the public has surrounded the alley and has seen the same thing as me.”

Witness 1: “I really saw people flying with wings. It was quite strange because when the police fired the gun, the colour of the guy’s blood was black. It was weird that he had wings of different colour unlike the girl’s.”

Witness 2: “I was really freaked seeing something this weird. I tried pulling out my phone to take a photo but they flew too fast. Though I did get a blurry picture of the black and white wings. But in the photo looked like two blobs of black and white.”

Witness 3: “I honestly thought it was some kind of monster, but then someone from behind the crowd said it was a demon, I was so scared so I started heading off first.”

According to supernatural beings expert, Professor Choi, “I’ve studied these creatures for my entire life. It was written in many ancient stories that demons were created to help angels reap human souls that were to be due. But it was then suggested that demons rebelled against the angels’ authorities that led them to eating souls as revenge to create chaos for the angels.”

But to contrast the points stated by Professor Choi, Scientist Jung has claimed that, “It was a stupid assumption from a random person on the streets.” He strongly argue that a joke cannot be seen as reality, including that, “Demons or angels were just religious beliefs and it has not been proven by science that they exists or that us humans are a feeding source for them.”

Although this has been claimed by scientist that demons don’t exist but the public’s views were supporting the witnesses that claimed to see these flying people. If it were really demons does that means that they have been disguised as humans trying to go after our souls? What can be done to prevent things like this to happen?


Hey guys, srry I haven't been updating for quite awhile. I've been quite busy.
I think you've all noticed the new poster. Well I could say that a picture shows a thousand words, so I'll leave the secret for later :)
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'll try updating as soon as possible

--NIGHTfall