Prologue

Attached to Death [Incomplete]

Prologue

Once I close my eyes, the nightmare unravels itself again. It was like a horror movie that you are forced to watch that very second you close those eyes of yours. All I see is death. Of those I love, loved and going to love. My surroundings were covered with a thick blanket of smoke as I sat on my bed getting the best view of every scene in this movie. I’m frozen, not dumbfounded but trapped in my seat, unable to even lift a finger.

Undying screams of pain taint my ears, the heat of the fire made it even harder to breath. The fire was catching up to me, spreading up my legs and abdomen, I was numbed. Although I’ve watched this movie countless times, the black bloody parched hands of my father reaching out to me still frighten me. Hearing my mother’s voice yelling in agony slowly ate away my heart, the small child’s body of my baby brother left me to question why I couldn’t do anything to help. I can start to see my tears flooding the screen of my TV, I can’t even move to wipe it away. My voice is locked inside my voice box, how worthless am I, I couldn’t even say ‘goodbye’ for the last time.  

The moment I open my eyes I am haunted by reality, I’m alive and everyone important to me has died.

For the every minute of the past 10 years, all I know was that I wasn’t meant to live, I don’t deserve this. If only there was a Devil from hell who could come and collect this lifeless soul and end this torture.

.

.

.

Friday 13th April

God’s Punishment? Curse? Hundreds of People Burnt Alive

It is logical if a group of people gather within the same room and then caught on fire then those people would die. But when different people from different countries die at similar times, then it isn’t just a murder or accident. People claim that this is god’s punishment or a curse but science suggests that it was a mere coincidence.

Hundreds of people were burnt alive unexpectedly while simple doing everyday tasks like sleeping or having lunch. Witnesses claim the fire wasn’t accidental and believed that it was targeted at specific people. Korea’s well-known family, the Im Family was also burnt alive burying their home into the ground, not even sparing their pet dog. After the fire was put out, investigators found nothing but bodies harshly burnt into ashes. Although there was the remains of Mr. Im’s oldest daughter, Im HyoMi, aged 12. Through tests, the body of HyoMi was burnt one hour prior to the family’s death as well as the rest of those who were burnt alive in different homes, in different countries. What does this mean?

After the examination was released the population declares that this was the ‘Im HyoMi Curse’, believing that any child with this name will bring misfortune to them and no one dares to go near the Im Family’s residence. The case was left unsolved as the population protests believing that this will bring trouble to the entire country. No one will ever know the truth, possibly only Im HyoMi could solve this case.

Let those who died rest in peace.