First Meeting

A 2-Sided School

15th August 20XX, Human Division.

"HAHAHAHAHA LEE DONG HAE! to be you. Of all the girls you could have hit on, you got paired up with the ONLY male fairy---" DongHae sighed and turned away from his annoying classmate. People from the whole division has been treating him weird ever since they found out who his partner would be for the next two months. Boys have been laughing at his luck while girls have been edging him to talk to the teachers about rearrangement, even though they knew it was strictly forbidden.

The door slid open and their homeroom teacher entered. "Good morning, everyone!" For once, the whole class turned quiet and focused on the teacher. Tearing up gratefully, KangIn grinned. "I will pass some papers to every one of you, and you are required to fill in the form given. I need it back in ten minutes, and then you can read through what you would be expected to do for the next two months. By the end of this period, we'll form a line and move towards the Fairy Division. Classes A and B will go first, which means that we're the last class to leave. Am I understood?"

"Yes sir!"

KangIn thanked the heavens for being kind on him that morning and started to distribute the thick sets of papers.


15th August 20XX, Fairy Division.

The same procedure also went smoothly for this division, as the homeroom teacher for EunHyuk's class, JungSoo, collected the forms. "The human students will be here any minute now, please remain seated and do not talk. Show your best behaviour. As fairies, you should not feel superior as they are your friends, and not your servants as of now. However, you are all from respected families, and thus, certain standards need to be met. I'm sure you know what I mean." The honest teacher shot them down to silence and everyone awaited their partner's arrival.

The other fairies who got female partners were dozing off while the rest who got male partners were jumping in their seats, much like what EunHyuk is doing.

There was a knock on the door.

And EunHyuk could not stop his heart that was hammering away.


KangIn opened the door after permission was given, and was greeted with one of the fairy division's teacher. The teachers, much like the students, stay with their own kind and do not mix. It was his first time seeing a fairy tutor and boy was he pretty. "Park-ssi I presume?" KangIn asked, trying to dry his sweaty palms by subtly wiping the back of his shirt. His sharp students did not miss this, and by the time the answer "Yes. Nice to meet you. Please, come in." was delivered, the students were already nudging their teacher.

"Aish. Kids!" KangIn complained in a hushed voice as his students rudely jabbed him in the waist as they passed him to line up in front of the class of fairies. "Nice to meet you!" The human students bowed. The fairies, who stood up to greet them, gave composed, slight nods. "Our pleasure."

"Now then. We will call out the names for each pair. If your name has been called, please raise up your hand. When you see your partner's hand, go towards him/her and stand there for a moment as the rest gets paired up." JungSoo instructed and went straight to the name calling. KangIn stood at the side, baffled. Who would've thought someone with such pointy ears could be so good in their profession?

"Lee Hyuk Jae-ssi." EunHyuk snapped out of his reverie and his hand shot up into the air excitedly. He was looking around the classroom as his classmates started to get paired up and when he thought his name wouldn't called anytime soon, he decided to just zone out and stare at the handsome guy with orange coloured hair at the front of the class. Cute.

"Lee Dong Hae-ssi, please go towards your partner. Next, Lee Jae Rim-ssi."

The name calling continued but the two boys did not hear a thing. All they could do was stare at each other in awe as they started to get closer and closer.

"H-hi. Um, I'm DongHae! Call me anything you'd like." DongHae greeted with a grin. He waved his hand for extra effect. He already knew who his partner would be since there truly was only one guy in the classroom and he would be the world's biggest liar if he said his partner wasn't attractive.

"Good morning. My name is Lee Hyuk Jae, but I prefer being called Eun Hyuk." What the heck am I doing. That was supposed to sound enthiusiastic! Damn it. "Oh... I see. Well, nice to meet you, EunHyuk-ssi!" DongHae noticed that his partner seems cold, and he knew by experience that people like these require more time to be friends.

On the other hand, EunHyuk could not express how happy he was. Finally, someone who won't turn away from him because of his automatically built walls. It may be because of duty, but he was too happy to care.


"Now that you're with your respective partners, you will all move towards the field by pairs. From now onwards, Kim-ssi and I will only be invigilating you, and as stated in the paper, you will all have a free schedule, so practice at your own pace and prepare well for the exams. That's all. Now move!"

The students started clearing out and EunHyuk strode behind them, DongHae following with a smile.

This is going to be fun! The both of them thought to themselves as they walked towards the training field.