7-

How to Exact Revenge in Slow and Subtle Ways

Sooyoung

 

 

Keep your head down!” I sing along with my radio as I take another turn. If Changmin ever caught me listening to his music I would personally shoot myself in the foot. But I was alone in the car and Changmin was no where to be seen so I was safe for now.

Finally after half an hour of driving I reached my sister’s house. Her house is a cute, cozy place; with just her and her husband. The gravel crunches under my feet as I make my way up the driveway, the grocery bags swinging in my hands.

“Sooyoung!” The door opens before I even have a chance to ring the bell.
“Nickhun oppa!” I say, throwing my arms around him. Nickhun is awesome. He’s sweet and funny and absolutely in love with my sister. He is quite possibly the best brother in law ever.
“Where’s unnie?” I ask, peering around the house.
“Oh,” Nickhun’s face darkens. “I had to tell you, she’s been acting kind of weird for a while now. I don’t really know what’s gotten into h-”
“SOOYOUNG!” I turn to see my sister rushing down the stairs and throwing herself on me. “Oooh Sooyoung! I missed you, so much. Why don’t you visit more often? I get so lonely.” She throws a menacing glare at Nickhun.
“Sorry unnie,” I say, pulling away from her death-hold. “I wish I could visit more often!”
Victoria pouts, looking cute and beautiful at the same time.
“We should get started on dinner now.” I say, noticing the tense atmosphere around the usually overly-gushy couple. “To the kitchen!”

“So what are you going to make?” Victoria asks, as I pull pots out from under the sink.
“Hmm... some rice, and there’s this shrimp dish I’ve been dying to make. A cake for dessert!” I shrug, “Probably some chicken...I don’t really know?” I laugh putting rice into the rice cooker.
“WHAT?” Victoria stomps her foot, “You don’t know?”
My eyebrows knit together, “Yeah...”
“Is this a joke? Do you want to embarrass me? God!” She rages before turning around and stalking into her room.
I stay silent for two seconds, “Whoa.” I blink, trying to figure out what just happened..
“Told you!” Nickhun says walking past the kitchen.



“Done!” I smile and wipe my hands on my apron. Perfect! The rice is fluffy! The chicken is spicy! The shrimp is impeccable! I smile proudly and look at my hard work. “Now all I have to do is cut the salad and set the table!” I glance at the clock. Yikes! People would start arriving now. Although this was supposed to be just a small dinner party. Consisting of me, Seohyun, Victoria’s friend Amber, and Nickhun’s brother Wooyoung; I know that Victoria takes her parties very serious.

“Soo,” I turn around, a knife and carrot in hand, to see Victoria standing in the doorway.
“What is it unnie?” I ask, going back to chopping vegetables.
“Aren’t you going to get ready?” I give her a look, she is wearing a pretty dress with her hair done in an elaborate bun.
“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” I look down at my jeans and sweatshirt ensemble.
“You’re joking right.” Victoria asks with a scary face.
“Noo...” I trail off. “I didn’t bring any extra clothes.”
Victoria growls before grabbing my wrist. “Come with me.” She drags me all the way to her room.
“You can wear one of my dresses, I’m not that fat yet.” She throws a deep blue dress onto the bed. “I have pearls that would look stunning with that.” She goes rooting around in her drawer. “Uh huh!” She hold a string of pearls in front of my face. “Your hair...” She purses her lips and holds it up experimentally. “Nah, I think we should just let it down.” She releases my hair to fall in waves up to my shoulder. “You will look dazzling!”
Okay, my sister and her constant changes in mood are really starting to creep me out.
“Do I have to wear thi-” I stop immediately after Victoria gives me a threatening look. “Fine,” I grumble and climb into the dress.


“GET THE DOOR!” Victoria yells. Nickhun, god bless him, has fallen asleep. I guess you can only take so much of mood-changing Victoria before you collapse.
“I’ll get it!” I say rushing to the front of the house, pulling the door open and see Wooyoung and Kyuhyun on the doorstep.
“Soo-baby!” Wooyoung shouts, pulling me into a tight hug. “Is it just me or have you gotten prettier?” I laugh and hug him back. Typical Wooyoung.

“Hey Sooyoung.” Kyuhyun smiles sweetly at me.
“Hey Oppa,” I smile back. “Glad you could make it.”

---

“So when do we eat?” Wooyoung asks only to be hit on the head by his brother. “Hey! Have some respect! We’re waiting for Seohyun to get here.”
Victoria sighs, “Of course, no one wants to be here. That’s why she didn’t come. She doesn’t love me!” She says dramatically before fleeing to her room. We all ignore her except for Nickhun who chases after her.

“You know in 1726 a lady convinced doctors that she had given birth to rabbits.” Kyuhyun blurts staring straight ahead.
“Um...” Amber looks at him.
I bite back a smile as Wooyoung roars with laughter. “What? Rabbits? What? Hahahahah!” He slaps his thighs and rolls onto the floor.
“It’s true!” Kyuhyun says, “Her name was Mary Toft!”
“Oh gosh, where do you get this stuff?” I laugh.
Kyuhyun shakes his head, “It’s a secret.” He winks at me and my stomach starts doing gymnastics.
 After Kyuhyun’s amazing fact everyone seemed to forget about their dying hunger. Until finally the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it!” I jump up, smooth down my dress and run to the door.

“Seohyun! Yong! I’m going to ki-” I throw the door open to find Changmin, not Yonghwa standing in front of me.
“Whaa...” My mouth hangs open as he blinks at me.


AN: :) I tried to update as fast as I could! I should probably be studying for Global test right about now...meh whatever! xD heheheh thanks SOOOO much for the feedback! You guys are just...so beautiful :’( I’m gonna cry.
Heheheh comment and subscribe!