4-

How to Exact Revenge in Slow and Subtle Ways

 

Changmin:
Oh. My. God.

How was I surviving here? I shudder as I lock the bathroom door behind me. Sleeping the whole night in Seohyun’s bedroom was anything but comfortable. I hardly got a wink of sleep because I spent the whole night remembering my beautiful bedroom, with the one thousand five hundred thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, and the tempurpedic memory foam mattress, the feather pillows imported from Switzerland. And here I was, sleeping in some girl’s crummy bedroom, on her incredibly uncomfortable bed.

And now? This morning I got up, every joint in my body screaming in agony, I thought, ‘hey lemme go take a shower.’ and now I see the complete....destitution of the bathroom!

Maybe I walked into the wrong room? Because this is more like a closet than a bathroom. It consists of a toilet, a sink and a tub all squashed in a line. I pull back the shower curtain and almost scream, there are only two bottles in the tub! In my bathroom I have rows upon rows of hair care products and body washes imported from Paris and in here there were only two bottles! One was a horrible green colored, generic body wash. The other was one of those 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner hybrids. Were they Neanderthals?

After a traumatic shower I walked into the living room. Seohyun was sitting on the couch, sipping coffee. “Good morning, did you have a nice sleep?”
“Hardly.” I grumble, I would’ve said more, but that would’ve been rude. “Where’s Sooyoung?”
“She’s getting ready.” She sighs and puts her cup down.
“Heh,” I snort, “She doesn’t have to doll herself up just cuz I’m here. I mean, it’s not like it’s gonna impress me...”
The door to her bedroom flew open and Sooyoung strutted out wearing...a...cloak?

“Hey! How do I look? Awesome enough for the Harry Potter movie?” She asks giddily, maybe she was expecting us to like it. In that case, she was clearly a mental patient. She was wearing a Harry Potter robe, a red Gryffindor scarf around her neck and round glasses.

“Haha! Unnie you look awesome!” Seohyun laughs.
“Thank you, thank you.” She bows. I realize now that she hasn’t even acknowledged my presence. I know she has a little crush on me, so maybe she’s trying to get over it?

“Seohyun! Why aren’t you wearing your Ravenclaw scarf?” She asks, pointing to a blue and black scarf on the couch by Seohyun.
“Ah...my manager called. I have to go to work today...” She says quietly. Gulping down coffee.
“WHAT?” Sooyoung screams. “But we’ve been planning this for sooo long!”
“I-I’m sorry...hey...you can take Changmin oppa!”

Yesterday, I would’ve snorted at the mere idea of me going to the movies with Sooyoung, but the me of yesterday also never had to sleep on a creaky bed and take a shower with pharmacy shampoo. Needless to say, I was feeling braver then usual. “Well, actually I am a fan. And I haven’t gotten a chance to go yet, so I will go with yo-”
“You’re joking right! I can’t go with Changmin. I want to enjoy this movie you know!” she grumbles sitting down on the floor and pouting.

“What?” I gasp, picking up the Ravenclaw scarf and flinging it around my neck. “Look Sooyoung, you don’t have to try so hard to hide your burning feelings for me. Lets just go okay?”

“...What burning feelings?” She seemed genuinely confused. But come on, she totally liked me, everyone liked me. “Fine, whatever.” She grumbles.

“Ah, unnie?” Seohyun says, “You didn’t make me lunch today...”
“So?!” Sooyoung snaps.
“Unnieeeeeee,” Seohyun puts on a puppy dog face.
“Hold on a minute.” Sooyoung grumbles, trudging to the kitchen.

---

“That’s hot.” Sooyoung breathes.
“That’s Voldemort.” I say incredulously. We were in the movie theaters and since the movie started Sooyoung had called everyone from Malfoy to Hagrid hot.
“Your point?” She even forgets to sound snooty. Its like when the movie started she turned into someone else! Ah, the magic of Harry Potter. She even grabbed my hand every time something suspenseful happened!

 We walked out into the sunlight after the movie was done and I heard Sooyoung sniffling. “Are you...crying?” I ask incredulously.
“...no” She says in a watery voice.
I roll my eyes and hand her a tissue. “Its okay I understand, the ending was kinda emotional and dramatic.” That, plus the fact that she could never be with me was probably making her really depressed.
She nods. “I’m hungry.” She says after a while.
“...me too,”

  We decide to stop at a nearby restaurant and order about about a  dozen servings each.
“How long do you plan to stay with us?” She asks, around a mouthful of food.
I grimace at her total lack of class before attacking my own plate, “For a while.” I don’t meet her eyes. She can not know that I have no where else to go. If she finds out that I’m on probation and in danger of being cut off she’ll know I have no power over her, and thus can not fire her from a job that’s not exactly existent. Since you can’t be a personal assistant for an unemployed idol! And if she finds that out then there will be nothing stopping her from kicking my sorry out her apartment.
And then I’ll have to sleep on the streets, where a fangirl will eventually find me and call her friends and they will all gang me, and then I’ll forever be scarred and turn into a recluse and never see the light of day again. And what would that do for my complexion? No sun means no vitamin d which means pale and pasty skin!

“Why?” She almost shrieks, jumping up. I give her a pointed look, something that’s supposed to say: sit your down or you’re fired. She sits back down, bowing her head in apology to the other customers.

“I told you, my apartments getting redone.” I examine my nails, which, after a day of poverty, are looking less shiny.
“So? Don’t you have any idol friends?” She asks hurrily, “How about Kyuhyun?”
Kyuhyun, did she know Kyuhyun? “Ah, but he lives with like...nine other guys. Totally cramped and unhygienic. Plus I would feel bad for barging in on their lives and demanding to stay there.”
She looks at me, hanging open. What? Did I say something wrong.
“What?” I ask her, poking her with my chopsticks.
“AREN’T YOU DOING THAT TO ME?”
“Huh?”
“You just barged into my life and demanded to stay in my home! You don’t seem to be feeling bad about that.”
I shrug, I hadn’t even considered the fact that she might not want me there. After all, it was pretty clear she was in love with me. Like when she glared at my head? That’s love. Or when I caught her clenching her fists every time i talked? I don’t know why, but that was probably love too.

“Because.” I lean in closer and smirk at her. “You are my employee, and if you displease me I can fire you.”
She gulps and leans away from my face. “Don’t you have any shame, staying with two women?”
“I hardly consider you a woman.” I snort.
And then she starts glaring at my face and clenching her fists again. She really needs to work on hiding her feelings.
“I’m out of here.” She gets up and stomps away.

Wait! If she leaves, then I’ll have to pay for my own bus fare! I’m already short on cash as it is! Then it hits me, she left me with the restaurant bill too!


AN: hehehehe. I love writing Changmin. xD he’s so funny. Especially how he thinks Sooyoungs in love with him! -.- sorry, I couldn’t help adding some Harry Potter in here. But they’re both fans so it works!

Oh yeah! Today’s my birthday! So this chapter is like...a present to you :33. And fret not, the revenge shall (kinda) begin next chapter! :D