8-

How to Exact Revenge in Slow and Subtle Ways

 

Changmin:


“Seohyun! Yong! I’m going to ki-” The door flies open and I am face to face with Sooyoung. immediately drops as she gapes at me. I admit I am a bit surprised too, probably because for the first time in the history of ever Sooyoung’s appearance didn’t repulse me.

“What are you doing here?” She asks, eyes wide.
“Please don’t pretend you’re not ecstatic to see me.” I smirk at her.
“I’m not. Where’s Seohyun? And Yonghwa?”
I point backwards, “Seohyun’s parking. Yonghwa couldn’t make it, I’m his replacement.” She sighs and steps back allowing me into the house.

“Changmin!” Kyuhyun who was lounging on the couch sits up when he sees me. “Hey man, I didn’t know you were gonna be here!”
“Yes, well I knew I would be missed.” I reply tartly standing in the center of the room.

“You’re here!” A bubbly lady sings, sailing into the room. “Seohyun! Is this handsome young man you’re date?” She waggles her eyebrows at Seohyun who has entered behind me.
“No unnie,” Seohyun says darkly taking a seat next to Kyuhyun who pats her shoulder comfortingly. “He’s Sooyoung’s.”

I cough and nonchalantly glance at Sooyoung, and, are my eyes deceiving me, or are her cheeks a bit pink. Ha! She’s still totally in love with me. Take that Kyuhyun!

“Well Changmin this is my sister Victoria,” She gestures to the pretty, bubbly lady, “This is Wooyoung.” She nods towards the guy laying on the ground with his eyes closed. “And that’s Amber.” A boyish looking girl raises her hand in salutation.
“AHEM,” Her sister glares at her. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” She jerks her head violently towards me.
“What? Huh?” Sooyoung scratches her head.
“UGH. You’re forgetting to introduce him to us!” She bursts out angrily before inching closer to me with a wide grin on her face.

Okay, this lady was freaky. Now I know where Sooyoung gets it from.

“So who are you? I mean of course I know who you are, Shim Changmin!” She throws her hands up in the air. “But I mean who are you in relation to Sooyoung? Because I’ve been trying to get her hitched for a long while now. Except I’m not too sure why, I mean I’m married and I’m not too happy right now.” She flips her head around to glare at a meek looking guy at the corner of the room. “And look at Seohyun and Yonghwa! They’ve been going strong for a while now right? But I have yet to meet him! And he was supposed to come today but he didn’t and what is that supposed to mean huh? Maybe he doesn’t want to meet me because let me tell you I am a pretty good judge of character.” I was pretty surprised she wasn’t panting by this time, I was getting tired just by having to follow what she was saying.

“--and I mean I always thought Kyuhyun and Sooyoung were going to get together you know? Because they were always cordial towards each other but now that I’ve seen you, well I realize that her and Kyuhyun don’t really have that spark, you know, that chemistry? You know the type that burns like the sun? The type me and NICKHUN used to have!” She says the name loudly and throws another look at the meek guy who is by now covering his face with his hands. “Anyways, you and Sooyoung. I just look at you guys and I can feel all that pent up passion and ual frustration and just imagine you guys going at it like the bunnies, you know what I’m saying? All that passion has to go somewhere, you’ll probably end up with like a billion children but that can be prevented if you use protecti-”

“UNNIE!” Sooyoung who has turned the delicate shade of a flaming red fire truck shouts. A bit too late, I think. By now her unnie has succeeded in making almost everyone in the room feel awkward. I see Kyuhyun, Seohyun and this poor Nickhun fellow covering their faces in shame.

“WHAT?” Unnie shrieks back. “I just wanted to know your relationship!”
“He’s my...boss!” And just by the look on her face I know its paining her to say the word boss. It’s either cuz I am no longer her boss, and she is actually my boss 

OR it’s because she’s insanely in love with me and saying I'm her boss just makes her realize yet again that I am not her boyfriend.

Poor girl.

“Well that was fun.” Wooyoung says sitting up from the ground. Him and Amber are snickering, “Let’s eat!”

“Yeah!” Seohyun jumps up and rushes into the dining room. “I’m sorry for making you guys wait. Come sit!”

I try to be kind of moderate with my food selection. But in a matter of minutes my plate is empty and my stomach is too.

Plop!

All of a sudden there is a giant mass of rice on my plate. I look up to the ceiling. God? Is that you? Rice is falling from the sky!

“Take more.” Oh. It was just Sooyoung.
I smile at her. “Ah, isn’t this a bit too much?” I don’t want to look like a fatty in front of her family...not that I care what her family thinks of me or anything.
She rolls her eyes, “Please Changmin. I know you well enough to know that you could eat a whole supermarket clean and still be hungry.” She says while spooning some more rice onto my plate.
I grab the spoon from her and plop more rice on to her plate. “And I know you well enough to know that you are never full.”


The awkward atmosphere from her sister’s rant has kind of dispelled, since the table is buzzing with casual conversation.
I watch Sooyoung from the corner of my eye as she laughs and jokes with Amber and Wooyoung.

I smack myself on the forehead, why am I thinking about how pretty she is? How her hair is so glossy and brown and her eyes so big and warm? Her lips seem pinker today and her whole aura is so much more graceful and poised.

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME.


I glance at the food on my plate, I’m already half way through and was thinking about reaching for more but now that I think about it...this food could have been poisoned! With a love potion!

I know it sounds kinda stupid but Sooyoung is a Harry Potter fan and they reference love potions multiple times and that’s probably where she got the idea.
I gape, oh my god am I going to fall in love with Sooyoung?

“Can you please stop analyzing them?” I hear Nickhun, who is sitting in front of us whisper to his wife.
“What do you mean analyzing? Look at the way they were smiling at each other. It’s love!” Victoria shot back.

Oh my, are they talking about me and Sooyoung? I sneak a glance at Sooyoung who has visibly stiffened. She coughs and tucks a hair behind her ear.

“Please Victoria stop it,” He says massaging his forehead.

“So Changmin!” Victoria says to me from across the table. “Are you very busy these days? I mean you must not have a lot of time for Sooyoung since you’re a famous idol and all.”

I gulp and glance at Sooyoung, who is looking purposefully at her plate. “Ah well...I’m not that busy these days.” This causes Sooyoung and Seohyun to snort.

“Well that’s good. Let me tell you little sister,” She waves her fork at Sooyoung. “Things are always very fun and happy at the beginning of the marriage. And then the husband gets too busy and would rather spend his time with his work than with you.” She throws yet another spiteful look at her husband.

“THAT’S IT!” Nickhun says standing up abruptly, causing everyone to jump. “I’ve had enough and I’m sure everyone else has too!”
Victoria raises an eyebrow and stands up as well, facing her husband. “Oh, and what have you had enough of?”

“Your bipolar-ness and your snarky-ness!” He grips his hair, “Why are you acting this way?”

I glance at Sooyoung whose eyes are wide as she watches the couple fight.

“BECAUSE I’M PREGNANT!”

Wait what?

“Wh-what?” Nickhun says, all anger draining out of his face.
“I’m pregnant.” She repeats, and rubs her tummy. “I wanted a good moment to tell you but you’ve been so busy and I was scared that that’s how it would be when the baby was born and...” In a flash Sooyoung, Seohyun and Wooyoung rush to Victoria.

“Oh my god unnie!”
“I’m going to be an uncle!?”
“Did you call mom and dad?”
“UNCLE WOOYOUNG!”
“I’m calling mom and dad!”
“Oh my god! Unnie!”

I laugh, Sooyoung looks so cute, she’s smiling so widely as her and Wooyoung discuss baby names.
“Isn’t she cute?” Kyuhyun, who has materialized next to me asks.
“Who?” I say, continuing to watch Sooyoung who is now hugging the daylights out of her sister.
“Sooyoung of course.”
“Yeah...” I smile...”Wait! No!”
Kyuhyun laughs and slaps me on the back. “You’re too obvious Changmin.”
“What do you mean I’m too obvious?” I question, Amber has joined the happy party now and it’s so loud no one can hear us.
“It’s obvious you like her!” Kyuhyun says as if I’m an idiot.
I give him a look. “That...is not true.” I narrow my eyes at him. “And besides don’t you like her?”
He grins at me and nods. “Yeah,” before getting up to congratulate the happy couple.


---

“UGH!” Seohyun groans and looks up from her phone.
“What?” Kyuhyun asks taking the seat next to her.
“So we have to reshoot all the album jacket photos because the other ones go lost.” She moans.
“When?”
“Right now!” She buries her head in his shoulder. “Oppa! I don’t want to go!”
Sooyoung sighs and pats her on the head. “But you have to...”
Seohyun nods and gets up. “I guess I do.”
“Wait!” I jump up. “I’ll go with you! You’re my ride back!”
She crinkles her nose, “But it’s going to take hours for the photoshoot to finish. I think you can just go home with Sooyoung Unnie.” Her eyes widen. “I mean...I guess Sooyoung can just drop you off on her way home!”

The idea of me and Sooyoung alone in her car appeases me so I nod and slump down on the sofa as Seohyun gets ready to leave.


“Wake up.” Someone shakes me, “Changmiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn”
I groan and open my eyes to see Sooyoung two inches away from my face.
“AH!” I jump up and manage to collide out heads together.
“Ow” I creak my eyes open and see Sooyoung rubbing her temple.
“Well who told you to sneak up on me?” I snap.
Her eyes flare. “Excuse me? Who told you to fall asleep? And whats with the attitude? Do you not want a ride home? Do you not want a home?”
I gulp. “Oh no, sorry, sorry” I rub my hands together in the trademark dance. But I’m actually fuming. First the lady makes me feel all mushy on the insides with her pretty hair and sparkly eyes and now she’s threatening me? She’s throwing my whole life into turmoil and she doesnt even care!

We head outside. By now it is already pretty late in the night and the temperature is as cozy as the North Pole. We approach the car and she sits in the drivers seat and I sit in the passenger’s. The air is cold and still around us with neither of us talking or breathing loudly.
This car, I realize, is very very small. I glance towards Sooyoung who suddenly seems even closer to me.

Whoa!

My heart starts slamming against my chest, bu bump bu bump. Oh crap, at this volume I’m sure Sooyoung can hear it!

“Do...do you hear that?” I ask worriedly, a hand on my throbbing chest.
“No...what? Is the car breaking down?” She says worriedly looking around as if the car is going to spontaneously combust.
“No...do you hear my heart?” I ask earnestly, looking at her.

She looks back at me and for a second there are no pretenses in her eyes. We aren’t idol and assistant or even slave and master. We’re just a guy and a girl in a small cramped car in the cold of winter staring into eachother’s eyes. For just one moment, we are simply us.

And then Sooyoung ruins it by unleashing an unlady like snort. “My god Changmin you are so cheesy. I did not expect that.” She shakes her head as if she’s trying to dissipate our ‘moment’ from her head. “‘Do you hear my heart?’ You are insane aren’t you!” She turns back to driving.

I sit there, okay my honest question just got shot down. We continue driving in silence, my heart has returned to beating normally but I still feel uneasy.

"Well congratulations...on being a soon-to-be aunt." I finally say, breaking the awkward silence.

"Thanks." She takes a sharp turn making me lean even closer towards her. "And listen, just forget about everything she said."

"Oh you mean about the and the chemistry and the imminent hoard of babies?" 

I enjoy watching her face turn red, "Y-yeah. " And with that our short conversation ended.

I lean my head back against the headrest allowing my thoughts to stray to other serious matters....Like what the hell did Kyuhyun mean? First he declares I like Sooyoung and then he says he likes her too.

And he doesn’t even back off her! Not that I actually do like Sooyoung. Just that if you thought your friend liked someone and you liked that same someone wouldn’t you back off that someone? Wasn’t that common courtesy? Basic manners? The first thing they teach you in kindergarten??
Not that I like her or anything but if I did like her, not that I do, then I totally have first dibs. She was my assistant first.

Heck! Me and Sooyoung's relationship hasalready progressed to the point of us living together and me making her sandwiches. The only thing left is for us to officialize our relationship with a kiss, a ring and a baby!

I have to smack myself in the head to keep from imagining me and Sooyoung as a happy couple, living in a small house outside Seoul with a white picket fence and 2.5 children. I secretly curse Victoria for putting the idea of me and Sooyoung raising a happy family in my head in the first place.

I glance at Sooyoung who has just unleashed a giant yawn to shame all giant yawns.
“Are you tired?”
“No.” She says before yawning again.
“Oh just pull over.” I roll my eyes.
“Wh-what? Wh-”
“Just pull over!”
She does. Wow, sleepy Soo is surprisingly submissive.
I get out of the car and walk to the Sooyoung’s side. I knock on the window. No response.

Oh damn! Was she gonna drive off without me? Leave me here on the side of the highway to freeze? Get hypothermia and frostbite? Have to amputate my own nose before the infection spreads?

Without my aristocratic nose to complete my Greek-god like face I would lose everything. Everything.
And all because she left me here on the highway.

I knock again more frantically. Okay, so she wasn’t responding, but she wasn’t driving away either. I press my face against the glass and use my hands to create a shadow so I can see inside.
And for the third time that evening I am uncomfortably close to Sooyoung’s face. She’s asleep, I realize, and immediately feel bad. She’s probably exhausted to have fallen asleep so quickly. Her head was leaning on the cold window and her breath was fogging the glass. Wow she looks even prettier asleep...her eyelashes seem longer and her cheeks pinker and...oh my god I’m going insane.

I sigh and open the door, which wasn’t too smart of me because it causes her to topple sideways into my arms.

“Nrghh” she grumbles and snuggles closer. I feel my cheeks heating up, (which, I think, is a symptom of hypothermia.)
“Come on Sooyoung.” I say pulling her out of the car.
“Ugh whaaaat?” she says, leaning heavily on me.
I ignore her and walk her to the other side of the car, after pushing her on the passenger’s seat I leaned over for the seat belt bringing me uncomfortably closer to her face...again!

Her head lolls forward untill her forehead is flat against my forehead. Our noses touch and our lips are seriously so close that if I exhale we’d be full on making out.

Okay why did I just think that?

 

I strap the seat belt in and hurriedly rush back to the other side of the car. Switching the radio on I lean back and sigh before easing back onto the quiet road. Something wacky is happening to my heart and my brain. I keep thinking back to all our close encounters which makes my heart start running like crazy and then my stomach starts dancing to Mirotic and then my hands start sweating!
I run my hand through my hair frustratedly, was I sick? Did I contract some terrible disease that would cause my insides to melt and my hair to fall out? I shudder at the thought of me bald.
 

 

I think I need a doctor.


AN:  blech! crappy update is crappy.
but omg. guess what!!

I SAW CHANGMIN<3333  and Sooyoung!! :33 hehehehe at SM Town. omg Soo is so skinny! And Changmin...holy he is so hot. I always knew he was hot but then up close! ;O oh god. okay. I don’t know if there were any changsoo moments but there were SO MANY SeoKyu moments! (I think I’m shipping them now. haha) Too bad I’ve already decided to go yongseo on this story. xD hahah  but theres some seokyu in this chapter if you squint. Actually I’m thinking of making a seokyu story. So look out for it!!

:) subscribe and comment!!