OO-6

My CEO Daddy!

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

 

I couldn’t sleep all night, and neither could I move away from my chair. Thoughts of my mother standing beside Junhee just can’t stop surfacing in my mind. What if Junhee is really my child? If that is so, why did Jiyeon leave me 5 years ago? Questions like this kept on appearing in my mind, to which I have no answers for.

 

A few hours later, I got a message from my other secretary, telling me that he would be sending over the information that I wanted. Just as I finished reading the message, the sound of the printer, printing on paper could be heard. I went over to the printer, and with trembling hands, took over the paper that came out from the printer.

 

I heaved a big sigh to first calm myself down, and then, pluck up the courage to read whatever is on the paper. Turns out, my secretary sent me Junhee’s birth certificate. I scanned through the particulars and a tear dropped when I saw my name on the column where it indicates that I am the father. I am Junhee’s father.

 

I took the paper in my hand, and went out of the door, towards my mother’s room. Now that the mystery regarding Junhee’s dad is solved, there is another mystery that needs to be solved, and for some reason, I think my mother knows. Thus, I’ve decided to ask her about it. Just as I was about to walk into the room, I could hear my mother quarreling with my dad.

 

And they were quarrelling about Jiyeon. My Jiyeon.

 

“I know I was wrong for threatening Jiyeon, and making her leave Myungsoo. But what difference does it make even if Jiyeon comes back right now? Myungsoo has Chorong already and they are already in love! Yeobo, let’s forget about it and just let it be, hmm?”

 

“No. Myungsoo still loves Jiyeon and I could see that. If only you didn’t threaten Jiyeon 5 years ago, Junhee would have been with us, and I could see my grandson openly, and not sneak around all the time!”

 

“Yeobo – ah…”

 

“Listen! You said Jiyeon wasn’t up to our family status that time, and you even threatened to fire her parents if she didn’t leave. You knew the family needed the job and you took advantage of that! I made a mistake once by not stopping you 5 years ago, and this time round, I am not going to make the same mistake again.”

 

“Yeobo!”

 

With that, the door in front of me flew open and revealed my mother’s panicked face. “Myungsoo…”

 

I glared at my dad and using a serious tone, I stared at my father, taking a deep breath before saying what is on my mind. “So when you said Jiyeon left me because she wanted only our money, and when she said that she doesn’t love me anymore, it is all fake?”

“Myungsoo…”
“Do you know how hard it is for me to accept that lies of yours at first? My life was in a mess, and I wasn’t behaving like myself.

“Son…”
“Dad, do you know when I first met Junhee; I have always felt that we had a strange connection between us? As days goes by, I couldn’t help but miss that little boy, and there were times when I have actually thought of us living together happily as a family, but I shook that thought away, thinking that Jiyeon doesn’t deserve me anymore and I even got together with another girl, when my heart is filled up with no one else but Jiyeon.”

 

My dad kept quiet as he stared at me with those sorrowful eyes of his and with a small smile, he said. “Bring her back. Bring my daughter in law and my grandson back.” I nodded and walked away, went back to my room and stayed awake the whole night, looking at the photos of me and Jiyeon from 5 years ago. Right, I have always said that I hated her and stuffs like that, but in fact, it is just an act to show that I am alright without her.


When morning came, I rushed back to the office, eager to meet Jiyeon, and have her in my arms again. I paced in front of the lift’s door that leads to my office, while waiting for her anxiously for god knows how long until I heard the sound of the elevator. Immediately without thinking, I turned over to see Jiyeon looking at me while she is in the elevator.

 

Not being to wait any longer, I walked closer to her and pulled her into my embrace while calling out to her name softly, “Jiyeon – ah.” The moment her name came out of my mouth, I could feel her shivering. Instead of letting her go, I held on to her tighter and popped the question. “Why didn’t you tell me that Junhee was my child?”

 

Upon hearing that question, she tried pushing me away but no, I am not letting that happen. I released her slightly and carried her up bridal style and walked into my office for more privacy. I placed her down on the couch and sat beside her, with my arms around her waist, not wanting to let her go. “Please, just tell me the truth.”

 

I could see that she was hesitating since she was biting her lips. “I… I told you already isn’t it? The letter…” I smiled and held her chin, making her look at me. While observing her face, I could feel my grin get wider. She is still the kind girl who doesn’t want to create any trouble for anyone. “If you really don’t love me, like what was written in the letter, look at me now and tell me now.” As expected, no words came out of . She sighed and looked down, with a trembling voice, she said. “Myungsoo, please don’t make it any more difficult for us. 5 years have already passed by, and right now, you have a new girlfriend, and I…”

 

Of course, I knew she was going to say things like I don’t want to cause any trouble or I don’t deserve you and things like that, blah blah. I am not going to allow those words to come out from so thus, I leaned in closer and lift up her chin once again, in order to let our lips meet. After 10 seconds, I moved my lips away from her and she started blabbering again.

 

“This is wrong. We should not be doing this. Myungsoo, I will only be here for another few weeks until my friend come back for her role as your secretary. Let’s forget everything that has happened.” With that, she stood up from her seat and tried to move away but I pulled her back with such a great force that she landed on my lap the next second.

 

I hugged her waist and buried my head into her chest and started talking. “I know that, but after the few weeks you will definitely not be my secretary, because you will be my wife. Baby, before you say anything, let me finish first. My dad has already told me everything last night, and he told me to get you back. You have nothing to be afraid of anymore.”

 

“But your girlfriend…”
 

“I have always thought I loved her, but actually, it was just an act to cover my poor excuse. I thought you really moved on and not wanting to be seen as a pathetic guy, I went to Chorong. I assumed that I fell for her all this time, but no… She is just a rebound to me. I want you and only you. I will make it clear to her later. I know I am a jerk to be doing this to another girl, but I don’t want to lose you anymore. 5 years is more than enough, just more than enough. I love you, I love you so much.”

 

“Myungsoo…”

“Please don’t say anything else. Just put my heart at ease… Please?” For a moment, there were no words or actions by Jiyeon so I thought I blew my chance, but then, when I felt hands patting my head just like how she did 5 years ago, a smile appeared on my face again.

 

“I loved you too.” And with that, the tears I have tried to held in for the past 5 years, finally trickled down my face.