-

Rainshowers

 

“Wow. The geek’s back.” Not good to see you too, Myungsoo.

 

I ignored him and opted for the phone which rests inside my pocket. I flicked through the very few messages I have and just re-read them.

 

“So what brought my little brother home this time?” Soohyun interrupted as the douchebag came closer, his footsteps making the ambiance of the place suddenly loud. I felt like the wonderful scenery just collapsed in front of me.

 

Even with my back facing him, I can clearly imagine his lips rising to one side, his mocking dark orbs glistening with cruelty while a sarcastic remark is forming in his mouth. I know it all too well by now. “Last time I checked, I can still come back whenever I want to.”

 

I bit my lower lip and tried my best to make my presence not felt. There was a sudden growing tension between them, and I wouldn’t like to meddle. Should I walk away and leave them or shut up my mouth and stay? What do I do? What do I do?

 

“But of course. Mom’s very happy when you’re around.” There was bitterness seeping in Soohyun’s voice. I’m aware how Mrs. Kim treats their younger son extra special, not that she doesn’t love Soohyun, but maybe because Myungsoo needs more guidance. Ugh, who cares. What possible future would await such person? Tch.

 

Myungsoo chuckled and I got more confused. What is it this time? I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard his footsteps coming closer, until it stopped right in front of me. My body stiffened as I saw his face a few inches away from mine, that annoying smile plastered on his face yet again. “You wear dresses? For real?!”

 

I avoided his gaze and was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist. It was tight and I couldn’t simply shove it away even if I tried. “Let go.”

 

By that time, I saw a part of Soohyun’s back already exiting the room. Why is he leaving me alone with his stupid brother? Myungsoo’s grip tightened around mine. “I said, let go.”

 

“Do you like Soohyun hyung, Sue?” I felt my face burn, a slow tint of red possibly brushing against my cheeks now.

 

He scoffed when I did not respond. “I’m asking you, do you like my older brother, Bae Suzy?”

 

I slowly faced him with a glare and a mocking smile. “If you put yourself in comparison then I’d most likely say yes.” If only Myungsoo never opened his mouth, I’d probably come across to the idea of actually liking him. He’s honestly pretty, that I’ll admit, and his eyes are the prettiest part, always full of emotions. I have never seen quite such beauty as the one he possesses. But what’s the use of his looks if he’s a bunch of trash inside? Ah, forget it.

 

What I said probably hit him rock hard because his hand fell from mine and landed inside his pockets, turning his back on me. For the first time, he was the one to first give up.

 

Silence.

 

There was deafening silence between us. I was stuck, just staring at his back while he gazed outside, the same position I previously had before Myungsoo and Soohyun came in.

 

I heard your parents want you to transfer here in Seoul,” Myungsoo started, his back still facing me.

 

I sighed, “What is it to you? As if it makes any difference.”

 

“It does make a difference, a lot actually. Life is here in Seoul. Great parties in both city proper and Gangnam. Who would not want such fun things?”

 

“There’s someone I know.”

 

“Of course, you’re boring after all.”

 

I choked at his words. Yes, I am boring. Yes, I am no fun. Yes, I am so old school. I don’t expect anyone to appreciate that. Seoul is not the place for me, that is just one thing I can’t give my parents. The bright lights and noise of the city is too much. Though I would have to say that our humble province of Gwangju is already keeping up with the modernity the top cities in South Korea are having.

 

With one last look, I left the room before Myungsoo can stop me again. Staying in one room would only result to us killing each other, and no one would be happy about it, I guess.

 

“Oh, sweetie. You’re here. Come, come.” Mom called upon seeing me, patting the space of the couch next to her. I willingly obeyed and noticed the huge smile on their faces. ‘What did I miss?’, I wanted to ask.

 

Mrs. Kim, who was beside my mother, leaned forward to catch my hands. They were really warm. I once heard that the warmth of the hands represent the warmth of one’s soul. Looks like she really is a good-hearted person. I wonder how Myungsoo came out from such amazing persons. “Suzy, darling....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... Myungsoo’s transferring to your school and he’s going to stay at your place. Isn’t that amazing?”

 

What? What did she say? Myungsoo’s transferring and staying at my place? No way. No freaking way. Someone wake me up, I’m having a really bad nightmare.

 

My mom’s hands wounded around ours which remained entangled and gave me a reassuring smile. As if it soothed what I'm feeling right now. I can feel my palm’s starting to sweat really cold. “I hope you can look after my Myungsoo, darling. He already said ‘yes’.”

 

Damn you, Kim Myungsoo. Why did you say 'yes'?