Top Academy

He's Everyone's but Hers

“Noona, CAP hyung said that we’re going to enroll there tomorrow. So I guess we won’t see each other later.” Ricky pouted while sulking at Jihyun’s couch.

It was four o’clock in the morning when Jihyun heard some ruckus outside her door. She quickly scramble down her bed and out to her living room. Seeing Changjo on the couch with his feet on the back rest and his head on the ground. Niel at the dining table twisting a fork. Ricky lying on the ground beside Jihyun’s bedroom door while poking the door.

He accidentally poke Jihyun’s leg which made her jump in shock and hitting Ricky’s head. He whined after that and Niel and Changjo took a lot of time before making him quiet down.

Well, after all of that, they just explain why they came here so early in the morning.

“Oh. It’s okay.” Jihyun laughed and patted Ricky’s head. “We’ll be seeing each other after school right?” she said and Ricky looked up at her before nodding hesitantly.

Niel yawned lightly, “Well, Jihyun we’re kind of tired. Cause we lost in the game of rock-paper-scissors again so we were force to say that to you this early in the morning. Can we sleep here before school starts?”

Jihyun shrug before yawning also. They all immediately scramble towards the couch while pushing each other. Ricky and Niel ended up on the floor while Changjo got the couch.

Jihyun looked at the clock. It was already five-thirty in the morning, she groaned, frustratedly. She already visited Top Academy after going to the Noraebang with the boys. Changjo went with her while she talk to her soon to be new teacher.

She asked Changjo to take her schedule, while she took her school uniform and her books. To her horror Changjo showed her -her class schedule and she saw that her class starts at six in the morning. She stomp her foot and pouted, “Urgh, why does it have to be so early in the morning?” she muttered under her breathe.

Changjo laughed, “They’re high class students. And you’re also one now, so just go with the flow.” Jihyun snorted, “For your information, our school is also high class. But our class starts at eight. So shi’yeah I don’t know why it has to be like that on Top Academy.”

“Actually, its only our class. Without you in it. Since you’re not in our school anymore.” Niel suddenly piped up and grinned sheepishly at Jihyun. She made a face, “You’re all going to enroll there tomorrow. So beats me. That class won’t be our class anymore.”

Jihyun stormed off into the bathroom and showered as fast as she can before running to her room and changing into her new school uniform. She zip up her shoulder bag with all her new things in it before walking out of the room and looking through her mirror.

flew open. “Holy cheese. This uniform just overshined my old school uniform.”

“NOONA!? IS THAT YOU!? Wow, that uniform rocks! Tell us what the guys uniform at Top Academy are like, okay noona?” Ricky beamed while looking at Jihyun’s reflection in the mirror.

“Why are you awake, Ricky? It’s still early.” Jihyun asked while dusting up her skirt. Ricky shook his head, “It’s okay noona! It’s already six-thirty anyways. Not that early.”

“WHAT?!” Jihyun looked up at the clock. Indeed, it was already six-thirty. And she’s totally late on her first day. “I’m freaking late. God, Detention on the first day.” She mumbled curses before running to the door.

“Gotta go! Lock the door. See you guys later!” Jihyun stormed off before hearing Changjo shout from inside, “Goodluck getting in the school gates! I’m pretty sure that it’s lock at this time of the day!” She ignored him and ran to the bus stop. She didn’t stop cursing at herself.

“Great job Jihyun. You’re such a fail.” She hit her head lightly before entering the bus. She sighed deeply, “I don’t get how the students manage to get up this early.” She continue talking to herself. She looked around and didn’t saw any other students, and she face-palmed herself, “Of course there aren’t any students! They’re already in the room discussing. Oh my god. I don’t want to get embarrassed.”

The bus halt to a stop and Jihyun took in a large breath before running out of the bus. She stared at the huge sign that said ‘Top Academy’ before walking over to the front gate, which is close. She saw the guard and bowed slightly, “Good Morning! Uhm, I’m a new student and I’m so sorry for being late, can you please let me in?”

The guard looked at Jihyun while smiling, “Good Morning. I’m sorry, but school doesn’t start until eight. You’re not late. You’re too early.” He chuckled, “But since you are new. You can come in, and tour around if you want.” He said while opening the gate.

Jihyun kept looking at the guard with wide eyes. “Class starts at eight? But why did my schedule says-” She froze when everything suddenly click into her.

Changjo was the one who took her schedule. Not her. That’s why he said that the gates were surely close by this time. He tricked her. “Choi Jonghyun. You are so dead.” She growled before bowing at the guard and entering inside.

She doesn’t really have a choice since she can’t just go back. She doesn’t really memorize the school yet, so this seems like a great time to tour around again.

She walk heavy steps into the school hallway, “Stupid Jonghyun. I can’t believe he’ll trick me like this. Urgh.” She shook her head and clench her fist tightly.

She took out her schedule again and blinked for awhile, “Wait. Why does this looks so real? Where’s my real schedule then?” she stared at the thick piece of paper in her hand and she groaned in disbelief, “Very clever Changjo.” She muttered before ripping off the sticker on it.

Jihyun stared at the sticker that has the fake schedule on it. She crumpled it up in irritation before throwing it to a nearby trash can. She scan down her real class schedule and sighed before looking at her locker number.

She searched for it for a few minutes and finally found it. She stared at her side of the locker and tilt her head before blinking. “Well this is weird.” She muttered lowly. She turn to look at the lockers around her and furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

“Wait. Woah! Why is my locker so big? The other lockers are two times smaller than mine… What the hell?” Jihyun blinked a few times more before shrugging slightly and opening it anyways with the given code. The code was actually also weird; 241193231193. It was unusually long, or was the school that secure?

But what really freak Jihyun out was that the first few numbers of the code was actually her birthday. 24th of November 1993 (A/N: Pretend that its still year 2011-2012 in this story). Her code was like in repeat with one different number. She scratch her head, “Maybe that’s just coincidence.”

Jihyun realize that there was another locker beside her. Just as big as hers. It was practically the same size as hers, and it seems like that locker and hers were the only ones that are huge in size.

She was starting to get really freaked out and came to mentally note all the weird things she notice. She then quickly shove all the things she doesn’t need yet at one shelve before slamming it shut and scrambling away from it as quickly as possible.

She let out a breath before shaking her head. “That was seriously weird.” She mumbled. She looked back at her schedule and search for her first class, just to be sure that she knows the way to it without getting lost. This school was a wee bit too big and she’s kind of afraid to get lost.

She memorize the way to her class before nodding to herself and started touring herself around the school. She came pass the cafeteria and walk around in it for awhile. She saw the male and female’s restroom. Next came the garden outside of school, taking her time to take in the fresh air before continuing her tour.

She notice that there are already some students that were walking down the hallway and check that time. It was already passed seven. Jihyun smiled at the students she passed by and felt relief that they all smiled back to her. At least they weren’t the y and bastard type.

Her last destination was the Library. Claiming to be her most favorite spot in a School. She entered in and smiled in satisfaction when the silence slaps her face. Even if she was always with Andromeda who was a bunch of noisy people. They all love the silence. They just sometimes really need something loud in life.

She took a few minutes in the library before finally going out. She was greeted with some loud chattering. She looked around and saw that the hallway was filled with students.

She start to walk pass by them to get to her room. She smiled again at the students she turn to see when walking but was taken aback when some girls raise an eyebrow at her and some guys just smirk her way. She got different results. Some look at her with a face, then there’s some that rolled their eyes at her and mostly some just ignored her. She actually like the ignoring part the most but she just shrugged it off.

“I take it back. This school is full of and bastards.” She grumbled lowly, looking down her feet while walking. She actually didn’t really want to see anyone at the moment.

Until she bump into someone so hard that she even flew back at how great the impact was. “Ouch.” She sighed and rub her . “Argh.” She heard someone wince in pain. It sounded like a guy.

She tried to look at who she bump into but saw a hand in front of her face, “Uhhh. I’m really sorry for bumping into you. I just--- I’m sorry.” She heard a quite familiar voice. But she couldn’t quite remember who that voice belongs to.

She looked up to the person who was the owner of the hand and blink at a stranger. “Oh, it’s okay really.” She smiled and took his hand. When her hands came in contact with his, she felt a sudden connection struck to her.

“Wow. Did you felt that?” the guy ask while looking at Jihyun. She blinked at him, “What?” she asked unsurely. The guy just shook his head with a smile plastered on his face, “Nevermind.”

“Yo! Dude, we need to get to class. Bell is about to ring!” Another guy from behind him jump up and pulled the stranger away, “Hey there. Sorry about earlier! We need to go now! Bye!” the other guy said before running away with the stranger she met.

They made eye-contact for a few seconds and she suddenly felt Goosebumps all over her body. “That guy was utterly familiar. Too bad I didn’t get his name. Maybe some other time.”

The bell rang throughout every part of the school building and every students around Jihyun ran off to their classes. Jihyun blinked and also rush to her room. Good thing that she memorize her way there or else she’ll get lost again and be late.

Once she reached the room, there was still students who are going inside of it. She followed in and looked around. The students were all wild. Some guys were locking each other’s head. Girls were sitting at the tables while gossiping about something. There was this group of gay doing fashion show at the front. Her eyes widened in surprise.

“God, how do I cope with this people?” Jihyun muttered under her breath before lowering her head and walking to the very back of the room. She saw an empty seat near the window and sat there quietly. She wasn’t really use to hang out with anyone besides Andromeda.

They have been with her since middle grade, so she was always with them until high school. This is really new to her.

She fidget with her hands while looking out of the window before sighing, “Why am I transfer here again?”

“Jihyun?” She froze in her spot. That voice. She gulped down her saliva before turning her head around slowly. She gasp and jump up in her seat, almost falling off. “Oh! Sorry if I surprise you.”

There seated next to her – her worst nightmare. Lee Byunghun. She sat still, and in a deep breath. No, she didn’t dare move. What the actual hell. I know that this is his school. But why in the same floor? Why in the same room? Why in the world in the same seat?! And why does he know my name!?

L.Joe wave a hand in front of Jihyun and as if she was slap multiple times, she squirmed away from him, horrified. He blinked at her and place his hand down on the table, slightly frowning.

Jihyun looked back at him and saw the small frown on his face. She felt something in her fall apart. She just couldn’t quite comprehend.

She closed her eyes for a little while longer, gathering courage to talk to him. She open her eyes again and saw that he was already standing up. Panic suddenly hit Jihyun like a bullet and she quickly stand up while grabbing his arms.

“Wait.”

L.Joe turn around and looked at Jihyun in surprise. She reflect his expression and stared at herself in surprise. Wow, so this is what it feels like when your body reacts on its own without your knowledge. She shook her head before lifting it up to face L.Joe.

“Uhm, Byunghun right?” She asked, lamely. L.Joe tilt his head and smiled before nodding quietly, “Yeah.” Jihyun then let go of L.Joe’s arm before straightening up, “How... did you know my name?”

L.Joe leaned back his head and look up. Well he didn’t have this coming.

 

 

Yesterday Morning

“I got it!” L shouted while rushing into L.Joe’s bedroom while holding a folder. L.Joe raised an eyebrow at L while drying his hair with a towel. L rolled his eyes and flip the folder open while plopping down on the couch, “Jeon Jihyun.”

“Jeon what?” L.Joe crease his eyebrows together while staring at L in confusion. “That girl.” L.Joe taught it over and his eyes suddenly brighten while running over to L and into the couch beside L. He snatch the folder from him and L stared at his friend in annoyance.

“Yeah. You’re welcome.” L muttered. L.Joe grinned, “You’re also welcome.” L just ignored him.

L.Joe looked at the folder. It was a single piece of paper and he didn’t have time to question L why it was in a folder.

“Jeon Jihyun. Eighteen years old. Born on the 24th November. Her birthday is next to mine?! Isn’t that fate?” L.Joe looked at L for answers. L open his mouth to answer but L.Joe shrug, “Don’t answer that.” L shut his mouth and sighed again.

“Attending Woolim High. A top student. Scholar. An Orphan. Parents and little brother died on a car accident? Holy- that was personal! Wait. Oh god, do I look like a stalker?” L.Joe breath out and stared at L. L once again open his mouth to answer but was cut off by L.Joe, “No, don’t answer that either.”

“Dude. You are a stalker. No need to hide it. You freak me out and I’m afraid that you’ll also freak her out. This is totally going to ruin your title as the president’s son. So please, stop it.” L looked at L.Joe firmly. L.Joe sighed and nodded, “Just one more request.” He wore a smug look on his face.

L looked up at the ceiling with closed eyes while his hands are on his hips. “This has something to do with your school and hers doesn’t it?” he hesitantly look down at L.Joe and he nodded.

“Also, everything I have in school, let her have it, too.” L gave a queer look at L.Joe, “She got you bad.”

“Oh just shut up.”

 

 

Present

“Well, I’m school president. I have to check everything that’s going on in this school.” L.Joe reasoned out. Jihyun nodded, “Oh...” she looked at L.Joe for awhile longer before asking, “If you know everything that’s happening in this school. Then perhaps you know why I was transfer here? More specifically, who?”

Jihyun didn’t notice L.Joe froze. He stammer and his eyes travelled to different directions. His hands was sweating and he poke the inside of his cheeks with his tongue out of nervousness. He was never really this nervous in his entire life. This was a new feeling to him.

He closed his eyes before opening his mouth, “It was...” ...me. “The Principal. She said she needed more top students in this school.”

“Ohh...”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, Happy Late New Year! ^^
Am I working this story too fast? I mean with everything? Do you guys think I'm in a hurry? XD

Well, Let's just see where this goes. I have a lot in store. LOL. Sorry if this is boring. ;;

-01/02/14-