Envy or Interest?

He's Everyone's but Hers

Jihyun stared at the huge -enormous- poster hanging at the very top of their School building; that she even took a few steps back just to get a good view of it, while she tilted her head up. She gave a judging look at it before landing her eyes on the box below it; “Our Student Lee Byunghun of Top Academy is going to be South Korea’s representative for the World Competition; hoping to win the award of the Most Smartest High School student in the World. He is battling a total of One Hundred Ninety-five students from different independent countries, sixty dependent areas and Five Disputed Territories. Give him all your support until his battle on the 20th October this year. The competition starts at 7am at the Rungnado May Day Stadium, Pyongyang, North Korea.”

Jihyun blinked at it, impressed at the massive number count on the countries this Byunghun was going against with. If he was South Korea’s representative to go for the ‘Most Smartest High-School Student’ Title. Then heck, this boy has a status. Jihyun actually wanted to be one of those people that were participating in the competition. She had been dreaming it her whole life.

She, being an average person. Well, not even close to average, wanted to be on the top. Not to be a brag, but just to show the world that Money isn’t everything. Money doesn’t have as much value as the brain. Even though almost every single one of the people in this world grew up knowing that Money is the only thing they need to be alive. Not really. Money only comes when the brain functions. But other than that, she didn’t and would never want to be in a world competition just because of fame. Who knows, maybe the one participating just wanted to be famous than what they were right now.

Byunghun was an awfully familiar name, which would be a result that he’s one of the most known rich son’s of that business and or that or this and that again. And man it’s just really annoying to hear more.

People only see the one with the status. The one with the ‘title’. Someone who was well known and has some thick papers to provide them. Like what she was saying, ‘Lee Byunghun’ was a very familiar name, and for the fact that Jihyun wasn’t into with dealing in anyone’s business, she still found it familiar, so it’s obvious that this guy was someone well-known. But he doesn’t interest her. The only thing that interest her was that competition that was about to happen.

She sighed. Well, she tried her best to be a part of the competition, but no luck. Why would someone notice her when there’s someone much more richer than her?

Jihyun bit her lip before proceeding to walking in the school gate. She wouldn’t afford being late, not when she’s one of the top students in Woolim High.

She entered in and got greeted with her best friends, Andromeda. “Morning Little Ji~” Chunji ruffled her hair and she chuckled a little before getting on her toes; ruffling his hair back, “Morning big Ji~” she grinned.

Chunji snorted but smiled anyways. CAP snatch Jihyun’s bag and swung it behind his shoulder, “How’s morning?” he asked and raised an eyebrow at her. Jihyun huffed and started walking, with Andromeda following her. 

“Bad. Horrible, you name it Changjo.” she grumbled and glance at Changjo. He chuckled and walk up beside her while putting an arm around her shoulder, “Atrocious? Monstrous? Dreadful? Gruesome?” he started bombarding her with options and she just smiled in amusement.

“So it’s terrible?” CAP said, cutting Changjo off from his on-going suggestions for Jihyun. Changjo scrunched his face and hit CAP’s stomach with his elbows, “How respectful.”

“I’m older.” CAP shrugged him off and rub his stomach lightly, “I’m your friend, best friend, brother-” Changjo started rumbling and CAP just had to hit his head for him to shut up. Changjo muttered some inappropriate words at CAP while Jihyun laughed, smiling at him while also ruffling his hair just like what she did to Chunji.

“So anyways, the president’s son is the one battling in the competition, huh?” Niel squeezed in between Jihyun and Changjo which made the younger scrunch his face again in annoyance but shake his head and went over beside Chunji.

Niel swung his arms around Jihyun and pinch her cheeks. She just blinked at him frozen on her spot which made the guys also stop from walking. Ricky walk up to them and wave a hand in front of Jihyun, “Noona, are you alright?” he asked and tilted his head in worry.

Jihyun went back to the real world when she saw a moving thing in front of her face. Her head shifted to Ricky before looking at Niel, “Byunghwan is the President’s son?” Jihyun asked in a mocking tone.

“I thought his name was Byunghun?” Chunji scratched his head while looking at her in confusion. Jihyun literally face palmed herself before shaking his head, “Right, Byunghun. Sorry, forgot.” she mumbled the last part before looking at Niel again, “So, he really is President Lee’s son? That's why.” she nodded to herself without letting Niel answer her question.

“Green rough papers get through with everything, huh?” Chunji piped up while popping his lips. Changjo chortled, “They never really look at people’s real talent. It’s always based on Money and reputation, how ironic.”

“You should’ve been the one to battle Noona, for sure you’ll be much more smarter than that Byunghwan guy!” Ricky chimed and linked arms with Jihyun. She laughed, “It's Byunghun. Not Byunghwan.” she simply stated.

CAP looked at Jihyun, “Says the one who gave Ricky the idea.” he said, flashing an innocent smile at her. Jihyun shook her head and stared to walk again, “I made the mistake, I should fix it. Besides, it’s not really nice to play with someone’s name.” she reasoned. Andromeda looked at each other and gave the same look; confusion.

Changjo followed her pace, “Hmn, is it envy? Or is it interest?” he wondered out loud which made Jihyun stared at him with eyebrows knitted together, “Definitely the first option.” she stated and started walking away again.

That is Changjo, Jihyun’s best friend. Her closest one out of all Andromeda. Well, maybe cause they tell each other everything. Every. Single. Detail. Of everything, with much comfort. Not like she isn’t with the others, she just feels like he’s much more understanding than them... okay, that isn’t really better to say.

Well anyways, Changjo is a rich kid. No kidding, but he’s a scholar. He’s smart. Very. Wait, intelligent? Genius? Nope, just clever. He gives out a lot of options for a situation or a problem, no one knows, but he gets something out from that big mind of him, and sometimes, it’s just too much. But either way, he's really a big help.

Chunji, also a smart one, with much sarcasm... sometimes, but mostly he just likes to tease and annoy people. He’s very childish. He acts like a child, but when it comes to problems, he’s a pro in giving out an opinion, cause he spoke’s with much point.

Niel this boy, how do you explain it? When you ask him something, he knows the answer. He gets information as fast as a bullet train, or maybe even faster. Example, you were ask out by a guy in just about a minute, he’ll be talking about like it happened years ago. That’s how fast he gets information. People should be careful of him.

Ricky, this overly clueless boy. He’s really so innocent in his own way. And so gullible at times, well, all the time. He believes in every single thing, and it’s really cute. Mostly he’s dense all the time, so Jihyun helps him when the others bully or don’t want to tell him what’s happening.

CAP, their leader. This guy that is always the calm one. When it gets to argument, he’ll know a way to make it ease. He has wise words, and he knows what to say at a time when you really need some advice. But of course, being a teenage boy that he really is, he is like everyone, who likes to bully s and play tricks and pranks on them.

Well finally, Jihyun. Andromeda’s one and only girl member. She’s a scholar like Changjo, but she isn’t rich. She was at least 26% on becoming a rich person, unless something big and unexpected happened to her life which made her rich, yeah 26% is still the rating. She is a nerd maybe? But without the glasses and messy hair or whatever. Andromeda is a group of nerds, but you don’t see them wearing glasses or such. They’re just some normal students, who are filthy rich, exclude Jihyun, of course.

They are Andromeda. Well, they really had no idea why they call themselves that, but whatever. They don’t really focus on their group name or such. Unless they think of another group name, then this is enough for now.

Jihyun stand in front of her first class subject. She stared at the door with a very unreadable face. The Andromedas look at her and at the door. Changjo scowled at the poster of that Byunghun guy before stepping in front of Jihyun to block her view from it. He was very much sure that she’s upset about how she wasn’t able to get in. He believed in her. Well he’s her best friend!

“Jihyunnie~ Let’s go inside, come on!” he said taking Jihyun’s wrist and pulling her inside, not forgetting to block the poster while they were walking in. The other’s just followed them, not forgetting to glare at the poster while walking in. They were also upset that she didn’t get in, but they couldn’t really do much about it. Niel was thinking that he should curse this guy to a witch or something while Chunji daydreamed of stabbing the guy’s chest when asleep.

They all walk over to their desk and sat around Jihyun, just like what they always do. “Ji! Cheer up, okay? We’ll be going to Lotte World later~” Chunji beamed at her. Ricky clasp his hand together, “We’ll have so much fun! Let’s ride the roller coaster first alright!?” he nearly shouted.

CAP roll his eyes, “We always ride the roller coaster first. Let Jihyun pick a ride this time.” He said while smacking the younger on the forehead. Niel nodded and grinned, “Let’s ride the Wild River!” he said with his eyes glowing. It was Changjo’s turn to smack Niel’s forehead, “What happened to letting Jihyun pick a ride?” he scrunch up his face, and then the bickering began.

Jihyun just chuckled at them with a smile. They were really everything she ever wanted. What would she do without them around? She would go ballistic.

 

 

“Waaaah~ The roller coaster looked so tempting!” Ricky jumped up and down while gripping into Chunji’s arms. Chunji tried pushing him away but Ricky just keeps coming back to him. Jihyun laughed and shook her head, “Let’s go ride the roller coaster then.” She stated. Everyone look at her and Ricky hugged her from behind.

“Really!? Roller coaster first?! Yaaaaay!” Ricky said and twirl her around. Changjo pinch Ricky’s ears which made the latter winced and quickly put Jihyun down, “Ow! Ow! Ow! Ouch! Yah!” Ricky kick Changjo’s and he let go of  Ricky’s ears and curse him under his breath.

“Do you really want to ride the roller coaster? I mean, we could ride the other’s first. Ricky isn’t the boss here.” CAP said as he walk up to Jihyun. She smiled and nodded, “Yes. It’s like our routine when we get here. I like the roller coaster.” She smiled at him before linking arms with him and Niel who was beside her. She started dragging the two to the line. She knows well enough that the others would follow once they know that they were missing.

She saw Chunji looking around, not really interested on the roller coaster ride and seemed to be bored about it. Jihyun let go of CAP and Niel and went over to Chunji. She saw him staring at the huge stuff lion that was hanging at the top shelf of a game booth.

She glance at the others. She saw Changjo and Ricky still bickering beside Niel and CAP who was just talking to each other. She smiled and quickly grab Chunji’s hand and run to the booth where the huge lion was. Chunji yelp and got drag, he tried to match up with Jihyun’s footsteps but his feet was tripping each other.

Jihyun just grip his hand tighter to prevent him from falling. In a flash they were in front of a man with some balls in his hands.

“Hello there youngsters. Get three balls and try to knock out humpty dumpty over there.” He said and pointed at a cute little egg with a cute costume just like humpty dumpty. Jihyun giggled at it and look at Chunji who had his eyes in a very confused state while also looking at Jihyun.

“Yah, what are we doing here? Shouldn’t we be riding the roller coaster with the others?” he said and tug on Jihyun’s hand. Jihyun shook her head, “We’ll follow them, once I get that lion for you!” she grinned at him and Chunji blinked, “You saw me looking at that, didn’t you?” he made a face.

Jihyun laughed and nodded, “I’ll have a try please!” she said to the man and fished for her wallet. Chunji was faster and paid for the balls with his money. He gave one ball to Jihyun and she looked at him with a raise brow, “I could pa-” “I already did. Just go.” He cut her off and she just nodded.

She aim her first shot, “It couldn’t be that hard right?” she thought as she eyed the little humpty dumpty on the top wall. She carelessly threw the first shot and her shoulders deflated when it only hit the foot of it. Chunji chuckled and gave her another ball. “Try harder, but don’t stress out.” He gave out an advice which Jihyun growled in respond.

She aimed again and this time, she adjust her arm higher. She threw the ball harder and she let out a groan when it just flew over the top of the egg.

Chunji just laughed again at her silliness before giving her the last ball, “Hmn, I don’t have any advice, so Goodluck~” he chimed and pat Jihyun’s head. She made a face before looking at the humpty dumpty again.

“You can do it, for your boyfriend.” The man said and gave an encouraging smile. Jihyun was caught off guard and stumble back a little. Chunji caught her wrist and balance her back on her foot, “Aye, just ignore it.” He whispered. She nodded and reposition herself.

“For Chunji..” she muttered and started to aim again. “I won’t stop until I get it for him.” She chanted and she threw the ball at the egg and bullseye. The humpty dumpty flew down on the other side of the wall and Jihyun looked at it in shock.

“You did it!” Chunji beamed. Jihyun’s jaw drop for a while, “Oh my god! I did! Yessssss!!!” she jump up and down and hug Chunji. He hug her back.

She pulled away when the man took the huge stuff lion and gave it to her. She laughed at how soft the fur was and hug it tightly before giving it to Chunji, “There you go~ I had fun getting that for you. And I work hard so you better take care of that or I’ll let Changjo beat the crap out of you!” Jihyun point an accusing finger at Chunji and he just grinned and nodded, “Yes boss!”

“Omona! Oppa~ Look at that stuff lion! I want that oppa. Get it for me, please?” A voice squeak behind Jihyun and she felt someone bump into her making her stumble foreword but Chunji never failed to save her. “You okay?” he asked and Jihyun muttered a ‘thanks’ before nodding.

Jihyun turn around and crossed her arms, “Uhm, excuse me. Next time would you please be more careful. Or at least say sorry when you accidentally bump into someone.” She said to the girl who bump into her. The girl turned to her direction and raised an eyebrow; eyeing Jihyun from head to toe before shrugging, “I don’t have time to say sorry. Now, excuse me, you’re blocking the way.” She said and pushed Jihyun aside.

She stumble to the side again and she huffed; blowing a raspberry and glaring at the girl. Then a boy came into the view and looked at Jihyun with an apologetic smile, “Sorry about that. I’m the one apologizing on her behalf.” He smiled at her. Jihyun can’t help but to stare at the guy for a while. He looks awfully familiar.

Then two guys (what look like bodyguards) suddenly walk behind the guy and whispered in his ears. The guy nodded before turning to me, “Got to go, sorry again. If sorry isn’t enough. Here you go.” He lift a card in an attempt to make her get it. Jihyun lift her hand up and took the card with a confuse look. He bowed slightly before walking back to the girl from earlier.

“I didn’t even get to say anything to him.” She mumbled, before shoving the card on her pocket, not really caring what that was. Chunji tap her shoulder and tilt his head at her, “What the hell was that about?” he questioned. Jihyun shook her head, “I don’t know. Let’s just go back, they boys are probably looking for us. You think they already finish the ride?” she said, changing the topic and started walking with Chunji beside her.

“I don’t think so. They’re right in front of us with a where-did-you-two-go look, and I think you have some explaining to do.” Chunji said in a matter of fact while hugging the stuff lion and cuddling with it. Jihyun look up and did saw the guys with crossed arms and tapping feet.

Jihyun turn to Chunji and glared at him, “Help me.” She mouthed. Chunji look at her, “Goodluck.” He mouthed back.

“Thanks for the help.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

First Chapter up. , but its just the beggining right? :)
Everything about it is just an introduction... well, some of it. Sorry for those who aren't satisfied! Don't worry, It'll get better!
OTL. I should be updating my other story and not this. But I just can't stop myself from writing a chapter. OuO
Anyways, see you guys on the next chap~ Bye! :*

-11/02/13-