Second Try

Love Fool a.k.a. How To Confess When You Love The Most Oblivious Person In The Whole World

After the disaster of his first try, Kyungsoo had decided not to confess his feelings before a long time. A very long time. When he had come back home after his walk, calmed down but cold, he had found Chanyeol lying on his bed (of course!) and reading a book. He had looked up upon hearing the door being opened and a shy smile had appeared on his face. He had then asked Kyungsoo if he was okay. Kyungsoo had only nodded before flopping down on the bed beside his friend. After that, they hadn't talked about what had happened and just enjoyed each other's presence for the rest of the evening.

 

Now, two weeks later, Kyungsoo was getting ready to go out with his friends. They were some high school friends who had kept in touch over the years. Someone knocked on his door. The boy straightened his hair one last time before opening the door. He smiled at the person standing in front of him. Chanyeol. Obviously. “Hey. Are you ready?” said man asked.

“Yes,” he simply answered.

“Okay. So, let's go.”

They went down the stairs, chatting. Kyungsoo's mother exited the kitchen as they were going out. “Have fun guys,” she told them.

“Okay,” they both answered and left the house. The place where the boys were meeting wasn't far away so the two decided to walk there. “It's a great night!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, sighing in contentment. It was kind of cold – November was there after all, and both boys were wearing their beanies and gloves. But Kyungsoo didn't mind it. Actually, he liked the cold. And he liked seeing Chanyeol with his beanie. He was really handsome like that. The younger male shook his head, trying to get rid of his embarrassing thoughts. But Chanyeol didn't help him at all. With the way he was smiling like a fool. With the way his hand sometimes brushed against Kyungsoo's as they walked. Just with the way he was there beside Kyungsoo. And it only went worse when he opened his mouth. “A great night to have fun!” He started singing, “It's a great night... To fall in love... With you~” Kyungsoo's heart was pounding in his chest. “W-What are y-you talking a-about? The shy boy stuttered.

Chanyeol stopped singing. “Huh?” He stared at his friend, leaving him breathless. “Oh!” he then exclaimed, “I've got a great idea to help you get your Baby Boy.”

“Baby Boy?”

“Hmm, yeah.” He smiled sheepishly. “You won't tell me his name so I found him a nickname.” Kyungsoo was speechless. Baby Boy! That kind of suits him, he thought. “Anyways,” the tall male went on, “maybe we could just pre...”

“No.”

“Wait! You don't even know what I wanted to say!” Chanyeol exclaimed, slightly pouting. So cute, Kyungsoo thought. Then he said, “Let me think about it...” He started mimicking his friend's voice. “Maybe we could just pretend we're dating. Then Baby Boy'll get jealous, we'll break up and you'll start dating him... Am I wrong?”

The older male started walking a little faster. “Yeah, I admit it. That was my idea... But, why don't you wanna try it out?”

Because YOU are Baby Boy! “Are you serious?” Kyungsoo unconsciously grabbed the other boy's hand and forced him to turn around and face him. Letting go of the hand he was holding, the younger male raised his own hand in front of the other's face. “One.” He raised one finger. “I don't wanna pretend. And two.” He raised another finger. “Aren't you afraid of what others will think?”

“I don't care.”

“But I do care. I'm gay, so that's okay with me. But you are not. People will think you are gay; some might bully you, you won't be able to date girls anymore and...”

“What if I was gay?” Chanyeol muttered under his breath.

“Huh?” Kyungsoo was once again left speechless. Had he heard right?

“Nothing.” Chanyeol started walking away. “Come on Soo! We're gonna be late!” Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders and followed his friend. He surely had heard wrong... Right?

 

When they finally arrived at the karaoke, they were late. “Ah, you're here! Everyone was waiting for you!” a tall boy with blond hair greeted them. “Hi Sehun,” the two answered. Kyungsoo took a look across the room as Chanyeol greeted all of their friends. They were all sitting and chatting happily. Jongdae and Jongin seemed to be preparing some prank; they were whispering and laughing evilly every 5 seconds. Sehun had sat back down and was currently talking with Chanyeol... And Baekhyun. Of course he had to be here. Kyungsoo had secretly wished he wouldn't be able to come. Unfortunately, here he was. Talking with Chanyeol. Laughing with Chanyeol. Touching Chanyeol. “...Soo!”

Kyungsoo looked up, startled. “Oh...Jongin. Hi.”

“Hey. Why don't you sit down with us?” the dark haired male asked, curious.

“Yeah...” Kyungsoo followed his younger friend and sat down beside him. The two of them started to chat with Jongdae and Sehun – who had left Baekhyun and Chanyeol alone because, as he had said, they were way too boring. Kyungsoo soon relaxed and enjoyed his friends' presence. Yet, he couldn't help glancing at the boys left alone every now and then. Baekhyun was way too touchy! “You're gonna bore a hole in his head, staring like that!”

Kyungsoo jumped up, startled. “Aish, Jongin! Do you wanna kill me?”

Said boy only laughed. But he soon became serious. “Why don't you join them instead of watching from afar?”

“Don't wanna...”

“Yeah, you're obviously much more interested in what we're talking about.” Jongin didn't let him time to answer as he hopped off the couch where he was sitting and exclaimed, “Come on, let's sing!” Kyungsoo smiled and got up. He spent the next hours singing to his heart's content. He would have sung some more if he wasn't exhausted. Instead, he sat back down on the couch. Jongdae soon joined him and the two of them started talking about college and music, their greatest passion. Suddenly, Jongdae tried to get Kyungsoo's glass. “What are you doing?” the latter asked him, suspicious.

“I'm thirsty.”

“Go get your own drink!” Kyungsoo told him.

“But... I don't wanna move... Please... Kyungsoo~” The boy did his best aegyo, but to no avail. “No,” the other male said. At the same time, Chanyeol came by and sat beside Kyungsoo. ”Hey Soo...” A pout appeared on the tall male's face. “What are you drinking?”

“Apple juice.”

“Really? Can I have some? Baekhyun got me orange juice and you know I hate it.”

Kyungsoo gave him his glass. “Here.”

“Huh? How come you tell me to get my own drink but you give yours to him?” Jongdae cried, astonished.

“I only share with the ones I love,” the boy stated. As soon as he stopped talking, he blushed furiously. He didn't mean to say love, he just wanted to say like but he had said love. Lucky as he was, the music had stopped playing when he had talked and everyone had heard him. They were now all staring at him with wide eyes. Except for Chanyeol, who was happily drinking his juice. I have to say something, the shy male thought, quick! Find something! “What?” Chanyeol had talked before him. “Why are you all staring at Soo?” He eyed his friends curiously.

“Are you serious?” Jongin asked him as Sehun and Jongdae were laughing and trying to hide themselves. “Man!” Baekhyun exclaimed, "you're something! Kyungsoo just said he l...”

“I'm leaving.” Kyungsoo quickly interrupted the other male before he could embarrass him. When Chanyeol wasn't looking at him, he silently mouthed, “Don't tell him” to the gossip. Said boy nodded in agreement. Kyungsoo sighed, reassured. “Why?” Kyungsoo looked up to see Chanyeol was now the one staring at him. “Huh?”

“Why are you leaving?”

“'Cause I'm sleepy.” The boy got up, took his belongings, bid his friends goodbye and left the karaoke. Almost instantly, someone was walking beside him. “Why are you going home?” Kyungsoo asked the tall figure. The other one didn't answer. A shy “Channie?” left the shorter boy's lips. “You left,” said male simply stated.

Kyungsoo's heart started beating faster. “A-And?” he asked.

“And it's no fun without you.”

“Huh? But, what about the others? You see me everyday whereas you only see them once in a while.”

“Yeah, I know. It was great seeing them...” After hesitating, he added, “You know what Soo, just forget what I said.”

“What? Why?”

“I'm sleepy. And we're in front of your house. Go in! I'm cold and I wanna go home.” He started to push his confused friend towards the door.

“Okay... G'night Chanyeol.” Said boy started to lean forward. Is he going to kiss me?, Kyungsoo wondered. In the end, the taller boy only ruffled his hair. “'Night Soo,” he said and left a blushing boy behind him.

 

 

A/N: Here comes chapter 2~ (^_^) Hope I didn't take too much time to update. Sorry, I know I'm slow. Anyways, I hope you're going to enjoy this chapter. See you next week (?) =)