Last Try (Part 2)

Love Fool a.k.a. How To Confess When You Love The Most Oblivious Person In The Whole World

As soon as he had been back home, Kyungsoo had gone upstairs to his room. He had wanted to avoid his parents but his mother had seen him. “What happened?” she had exclaimed when she had seen her son so desperate, her voice full of concern.

“I'm not feeling well,” the boy had lied. “I'm gonna lie down a little.”

His mother wasn't stupid, she knew her son wasn't telling the truth. But she didn't want to force him telling her what was wrong if he didn't want to. “Okay sweetie,” she had gently said. “I'll come check on you later.”

After that, Kyungsoo had gone in his bedroom, had lied down on his bed and started crying once again. He had cried until he was too exhausted and had fallen asleep.

 

***

 

He woke up to the sound of his door being opened. He was sure it was his mother although his back was facing the door. He quickly wiped away the tears that were still staining his cheeks and pretended to be asleep when the person entered the room. He felt the bed dip as the person sat beside him. “Are you okay?” Although it was a whisper, Kyungsoo recognized that voice instantly. Oh no! He thought. Not him! “I know you're not sleeping,” Chanyeol stated. ! “I'm not feeling well,” the younger male answered weakly.

“Your mom told me. Are you alright?” the tall boy whispered just loud enough for his friend to hear his words.

No, I'm not!, Kyungsoo mentally screamed. “I told you I'm not feeling well.”

“I know. What I mean is... Did something happen?”

Kyungsoo was afraid. He didn't want his friend to see him in his actual state. In fact, he didn't want to see his friend at all. “Would you mind leaving?” he asked the other boy. “I'd like to sleep some more.” He thought his friend would agree. But he didn't.

“Not until you tell me what's wrong,” he stated. Kyungsoo didn't want to talk. He knew he was about to start crying again soon and he didn't want Chanyeol to see it.

“Please... Leave...” A sob escaped his lips.

“Are you crying?” the tall male asked, voice full of worry. The younger one couldn't answer unless he wanted his sobs to be noticed once again. Suddenly, he felt a hand gently grab his shoulder to turn him around. He tried to resist but he was weak against Chanyeol. “I knew you were crying,” said boy told him. “Why?” he gently asked.

“Th-There's n-n-no reason,” the younger male stuttered. He put his hands in front of his face to hide himself. His friend gently grabbed his hands and looked him in the eyes.

“Is it because of Baby Boy?”

Kyungsoo slowly nodded. “He-He... has a... girlfriend.”

“WHAT?” Chanyeol shouted, scaring his friend in the process. “That bastard! I'm gonna kill him! I swear, if I find him, he'll be dead meat!” Kyungsoo wondered why his friend was so angry. Said friend then, still holding his hands, helped him sit up and hugged him tightly. “Forget about him,” he whispered in the astonished male's ear. “Just forget about him and go out with me.”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo couldn't believe his ears.

Chanyeol went on, “He doesn't deserve you. He keeps hurting you... Please, stop crying.” He wiped the tears off his friend's face. “I hate it when I see you hurting.”

Kyungsoo finally came to his senses and pushed his friend away. “What do you mean,” he asked incredulously, “Go out with me?”

“I-I like you...” the tall boy shyly confessed.

“Yeah, like a brother. I know,” his younger friend completed.

“No, no! Not like that! I li... No, I love you...” Kyungsoo stared at him, mouth agape. “I've loved you for a long time,” the tall male went on. “I was hurt when you told me you were in love but I thought it was okay as long as you were happy. But you clearly aren't. He's not a guy for you. He doesn't know how to take care of you. But I do know. So please, let me be your boyfriend.” As he stopped talking, Chanyeol got closer to Kyungsoo and pressed his lips against his friend's plump ones. When he pulled back, he had an expectant look on his face. Kyungsoo slowly touched his lips, then started to laugh as realization hit him. “Are you kidding me?” he exclaimed.

His tall friend seemed surprised by his reaction. “What?”

“I can't believe it!” Kyungsoo went on, “Do you know how many times I tried to make you understand my feelings? I told you I liked you several times, I cuddled with you, I held your hands, I even went on a date with you. Yet, you've never understood. And here you come and tell me you love me?!?”

“What? Wait! What? Baby Boy?” Chanyeol's eyes were wide open. “Is it... me?” he asked shyly. Kyungsoo blushed and nodded. “But... But... I don't have a girlfriend! I swear!” the tall male cried.

“I saw you hugging a girl earlier, so...”

“Today?” the older boy interrupted his crush. When the other nodded once again, he explained, “She's my younger cousin. She's flying to Europe next week so she came to say goodbye.”

“Oh.” The short male's blush deepened as he realized his mistake. “Your cousin.” His face was now as red as a tomato.

Chanyeol slowly came closer once more. He cupped Kyungsoo's cheeks. “You're the only one for me,” he whispered.

“So cheesy,” the shorter boy mocked him.

“My love is cheesy,” the other boy retorted before capturing his love's lips in a sweet kiss. When they pulled back, both boys were out of breath. “So,” Chanyeol started, keeping Kyungsoo wrapped in his arms, “I guess you're my boyfriend now.” Said boyfriend smiled widely, silently agreeing. “That's great!” the taller male said as he buried his face in the other's neck, inhaling the scent that he thought was so addicting.

“You know you're acting like a dog. Once again,” the younger boy told his boyfriend.

“Yeah. But you love me like that, don't you?”

The shorter male chuckled. “That's true. I love you. My dumb boyfriend.”

 

A/N: So this is it. That's the end of 'Love Fool'. I know the ending is lame but I couldn't think of anything better... So... Yeah... It's like that.

Anyway, I hope you liked the story. Oh, and if you love the xiuhan pairing, I wrote a story about them so you can check it. Here. ^^