Third Try

Love Fool a.k.a. How To Confess When You Love The Most Oblivious Person In The Whole World

Kyungsoo was lying on his bed. He had come back from college half an hour ago and was currently waiting for Chanyeol. It had been one week since they had gathered with their friends and Kyungsoo still couldn't understand what had happened when he and Chanyeol had gone home. He kept thinking about that night but nothing made sense. He had tried not to get his hopes up but it proved hard whenever he remembered his friend's words. He said it was no fun without me, Kyungsoo reminded himself once more. Yeah, but I said I loved him and he didn't even bulge. Kyungsoo hit his face with a pillow. "Aish, so complicated!" he exclaimed.

"What is?" a deep voice asked.

Kyungsoo jumped up, startled. "When did you come in?" he asked his best friend.

"Hmm... When you were rolling around on your bed." Chanyeol chuckled.

How embarrassing!, the younger male thought. He sat up and rearranged his clothes. "So, how was your day?"

The tall boy shrugged. "Fine... I guess."

"You guess?"

Chanyeol started laughing. "It was fine."

Kyungsoo tried to think of something clever to say. Finally, he answered, "Cool."

"Yeah."

Both boys fell silent. The air seemed tense and neither one of them was looking at the other, pretending they were too busy watching the birds flying outside. After a long moment of silence, the younger male lastly asked, "Do you wanna play a game?"

"Mario Kart?" Chanyeol asked him, eyes sparkling.

"Okay."

"Yeah~!"

Kyungsoo laughed as his friend was doing a little dance to show how happy he was. "You know you act like a dog, don't you?" the shorter male teased the other.

Chanyeol pouted. "You're mean."

Kyungsoo chuckled. He tapped the spot beside him on the bed and said, "Come on, sit down... Unless you don't wanna play..."

The older boy flopped down next to his friend. "But I want Peach!"

Kyungsoo laughed. "And people say I'm gay..."

"But you are!"

"Yeah, but I'm mot the one playing Peach." the short male retorted.

"I like her..." his tall friend explained.

"Yeah, 'cause she's a girl." the boy joked. Yet, his words sounded a little bitter.

"Yeah... And she's cute."

"But I'm cuter than her, am I not?" Kyungsoo regretted it as soon as the words escaped his lips. Why did you say something like that? So awkward! He shut his eyes, wishing he could turn back time.

"Yeah."

Kyungsoo's eyes shot open. "Huh? Are you kidding me?"

"No. You're cuter than Peach, it's a fact." the older boy stated, unaffected.

Kyungsoo felt his cheeks burning. Now! Tell him now, his mind told him. "Chanyeol?"

"Hmm?"

"I... Err... I-I like you..." Yes! You did it!

The older male smiled sweetly. "I like you too."

Kyungsoo couldn't believe it. "Really?" he asked. He could feel his heart flutter. He was so happy.

"Of course. You're like... My younger brother."

Kyungsoo froze. Of course he meant it that way. How could he even think Chanyeol would like him like that? He was so stupid. "I'm not feeling well," he told his friend. He knew he was about to cry and he wanted to be alone.

"You're really pale," the tall male agreed, his voice full of concern. "Do you wanna lie down?"

"Hmm. Do you m-m-mind leaving?" the younger boy stuttered, trying to fight back the sobs that threatened to escape his mouth.

"Of course not. Take a nap, you'll feel better after. I'll see you tomorrow then." his friend said as he stood up and took his coat that hung on the chair next to the bed.

"Okay."

"And... Soo..." Chanyeol began hesitantly.

"Yes?" the boy lying down asked.

"Err... No... Nothing. Please, rest well." Chanyeol smiled one last time before closing the door. Only seconds later, Kyungsoo started to cry.

 

A/N: Here is chapter 3. I've updated twice this week, it's almost unbelievable! ^_^ But this chapter is really short so it took less time to write it. Sorry it's so short, I'll try to make the next one longer.

The MTV EMA are being aired this evening, I really hope EXO will win 'Best Worldwide Act'. They deserve it. Are you gonna watch it? 

Anyway, I wanna thank you all, my dear readers. I'm happy to know people like this story. Even if you don't comment, I'm happy just by knowing you are reading it. Thank you. =)