First Try

Love Fool a.k.a. How To Confess When You Love The Most Oblivious Person In The Whole World

“I'm in love...”

Park Chanyeol, a 21-year-old guy, looked at his best friend, who was currently lying beside him on a bed. “What did you say?” he asked him.

“I said I'm in love,” the boy answered.

“That's great Kyungsoo! Who's the lucky girl?”

The shorter male blushed. “Err... Actually... It's not... a girl...”

“You mean you like a guy?” Chanyeol asked, surprised. He had always thought his best friend was heteroual. Now that he thought about it, he realized he had never seen Kyungsoo date a girl. Nor a guy, his mind reminded him. Kyungsoo began stuttering, “Y-Yeah... I-I know it-it's gross...”

The taller male interrupted him “No!” and stopped right there when he saw the look on the other's face. Kyungsoo was looking startled, even petrified, and his eyes were wide open. “Why did you shout?”

“Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to,” Chanyeol paused. “It's just... I don't think you liking a guy is gross.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. As my mom says, love knows no gender.” Chanyeol smiled at the boy lying beside him. Then he got up and sat cross-legged on the other boy's bed. “So, who's the lucky boy?” he asked once again. The younger one blushed once more but didn't say anything. “Do I know him?” Kyungsoo nodded. “Does he attend your college?”

“No, yours.”

“Really? Tell me his name, maybe I could help you confess.”

“I'd rather not,” Kyungsoo simply said.

“Huh? Why?”

“I know what you helping me means and I'd rather do it alone,” the younger male half-teased his friend.

“Are you referring to the pink incident? Because I've already told you...”

“They were shorts! Shorts!” Kyungsoo shouted. He took a deep breath and added, “and you didn't have to tell Baekhyun I had those shorts.”

“But... How could I have known he would tell the whole school about it?”

“Yeah, it's not as if he was such a gossip. But you were too focused on his to notice.” Kyungsoo muttered the last sentence under his breath.

“What?” Chanyeol eyed him, confused.

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo knew he was being jealous but he couldn't help it. At that time, Chanyeol almost never hung out with him, he was with Baekhyun all the time. And Kyungsoo couldn't stand it. He knew they were just friends. Chanyeol liked girls. He still does. Unfortunately. Kyungsoo took another deep breath. Calm down, he told himself.

“So, you're not going to tell me who it is?”

The younger boy laughed a little. “Nope.”

“Okay... But if I guess it, you'll tell me, right?”

The shorter male thought about it. “Okay.” This way, I'll just have to nod when he'll understand it's him, Kyungsoo thought.

“Great! So...” Chanyeol began talking to himself, counting his clues on his fingers. “I know him,... And he attends XOXO University. Hmm? Where does he live?”

“2 or 3 houses from here.”

“Really? So, you're neighbours. What else?”

“I don't know. Ask me more questions.”

“Can't you just talk about him? Like, what does he like? What are his hobbies? What is he like?”

“He's tall...”

“There are plenty of guys taller than you, you know...” Chanyeol said with a smirk.

“Stop making fun of me! When I say he's tall, I mean he's tall. Like... Like you.” Kyungsoo's cheeks started to burn once again.

“Okay. So, he's tall. And?”

“If you keep interrupting me, I'll just stop talking.”

“Okay, okay. I'll shut up. Please, go on.”

Kyungsoo sat up, his back facing the other male, and took a look across his room. He gazed at the picture he had put on his night stand. Little Chanyeol was back hugging a red faced Kyungsoo, both smiling towards the camera. The boy smiled as he remembered that day. “He is kind. Really kind. Sometimes, he's a little too blunt and he loves playing pranks. He's always cheerful and he knows how to make me feel better whenever I'm feeling down. And I know I can count on him... He likes to make fun of me but at the same time, I feel like I'm special to him. Like we share a secret nobody else knows or something like that...” Kyungsoo stopped talking, trying to catch his breath. He was afraid of what Chanyeol would say but he also wanted to know it.

“Wow! That's... Err... You must love him very much,” the tall male finally said. Although Chanyeol couldn't see it, Kyungsoo nodded. “Can you tell me something he likes?”

Kyungsoo turned around with wide eyes. “You still don't know who he is?”

“Nope. Should I?”

Maybe he doesn't see himself like that, Kyungsoo thought. “I guess not.” After a minute or so of silence, he exclaimed, “He's a 2ne1 fanboy.” Now he will surely know!

Chanyeol blinked once. Twice. Three times. “Really?” He smiled excitedly. “You know, maybe you could introduce me to him. I'm sure we'd get along well.” Kyungsoo stared at him with a blank face. “What?”Chanyeol asked.

“Y-Y-You!” The shorter male couldn't control his feelings. Chanyeol could be really annoying. Scratch that. Chanyeol WAS really annoying. Said male seemed to realize what he had said as he exclaimed, “Oh... No, that's not what I meant! We could be friends! Friends!” He was talking faster by the second. “I don't wanna seduce him Soo, don't worry.” He smiled once more at his friend. But said friend wasn't smiling back. He rather seemed dumbfounded. He looked in the other's eyes. “Chanyeol, sometimes I think you're... like... the slowest person on Earth,” the boy stated.

“What?” Chanyeol couldn't understand his friend at all. Sure, he understood his words. Yet, it was as if he was speaking another language. Let's say French, Chanyeol couldn't speak French. He was about to repeat his question when the younger male stood up from the bed and exclaimed, “I've had enough for today! I'm going home.” He didn't listen to his tall friend who told him to wait and went towards the door. As he tried to open it, a hand grabbed him by the wrist. He turned around. Chanyeol was now holding his hand and looking at him, an amused look on his face. “What?” Kyungsoo almost shouted, clearly annoyed by his friend.

“Nothing.” His smile grew bigger, “but you do know this is your room, don't you?”

Of course Kyungsoo knew it, he was just too angry to notice. He just wanted to be far from that stupid crush of his. Looking down, he realized he was still holding hands with the other male. He snatched his hand away, blushing, and opened the door. “I'm going out for a walk. I don't wanna see you here when I come back.” He left his house, Chanyeol's laugh ringing in his ears. He knew the older male would still be here when he would return home, in his room, maybe even lying on his bed. Why did I fall in love with this fool?, the boy wondered, absentmindedly his hand. 

 

A/N: Hello, hello~ I'm back! (^_^) So this time, I'm writing a Chansoo story. These guys are just too cute, I had to write something about them. I mean, have you seen when Chanyeol made D.O dance to Gangnam Style...? So adorable! Anyways, it'll be a short story, maybe six chapters. And I won't be updating often, as I'm busy nowadays, but I'll try to do my best. =) Hope you're gonna enjoy the story. Have fun~ See you soon.