✰ Wish Granted: LovesCrown

✰ Wishing Star ✰ Request Shop 2 | Closed + Busy

Your wish is now granted! Oneshot

Granted By: vonpika

Title: Till We Meet Again

Genre: Sad Romance

Main Characters: Kai (EXO) and Jiyeon (T-Ara)

Summary/Plot: Kai is Jiyeon's boyfriend. They have been together for four months . Their relationship is always steady, but one day, Kai has to leave Jiyeon. Kai has to move to Australia.

 

Till We Meet Again


Jiyeon quite likes dreaming.
 
When Jiyeon is dreaming, she’s everything she isn’t in reality. When she’s dreaming, she’s drowning in untold riches. When she’s dreaming, Jiyeon was never separated from her childhood friend. When she’s dreaming, she has the strength to stand, when all she wants to do is fall. When she’s dreaming, there are no limits and she’s soaring through the wide open sky with the clouds at her fingertips. When she’s dreaming, Jongin is there laughing along with her while they wade the beach, and not thousands of miles away. When Jiyeon is dreaming, she’s happy.
 
In dreams, Jiyeon thrives under the light butterflies of Jongin’s kisses and the warmth of his embrace. In dreams, Jongin’s intoxicating smell takes over her senses when they join in a forbidden dance until the first sign of dawn. In dreams, Jongin had never left in the first place.
 
But her dreams were only beautiful lies to mask the harsh reality. When she wakes, the apartment is dull and empty. When she wakes, there is no lingering intoxication that aded the air. When she wakes, the bed is uncomfortably too big for her. When she wakes, Jongin isn’t there.
 
And that’s enough for Jiyeon’s world to come crashing down from its high.
 
---
 
Jiyeon wakes to soft afternoon sunlight streaming through her curtains. The lights dance upon her eyelids inducing her to escape her chimera. When her eyes open, the light is no longer warm and inviting, but harsh and destructing. Jiyeon no longer saw rich satin sheets in which Jongin was tangled in, but only rough velveteen in washed out hues.
 
She sighs, knowing its well past noon. She sits up slowly and her muscles ache in response. She decides a shower is well deserved and makes her way in a steady pace. The lukewarm water washes over her relaxing the knots in her body. Jiyeon lets the water flow down her body in an attempt to wash away the pain. It doesn’t work. The ache in her heart is too much. She was already fragile in the first place. The pressure was too much.
 
Jiyeon dries her body slowly. She looks at how the planes of her body are caving in. Her ribs have grown more prominent and her face was gaunt. Jiyeon thinks back of when she was with Jongin. Jongin always made sure she ate well, and many times overfed her, but he would always proclaim it was out of love. He chastised on how skinny she was. Maybe if Jongin was still here, the disgusting monster in the mirror looking back at Jiyeon would cease to exist.
 
Jiyeon dresses herself, and she absolutely swears that her clothes were much bigger than she remembered. She heads out to the bedroom, the very one that her and Jongin had shared. The walls were painted a sky blue and in some areas, the paint was thin. Jiyeon thinks back at when they decided to paint their humble abode. Jongin and she shared a love of the color sky blue; therefore they decided to paint their bedroom that color. They had fun much fun that day. So much fun that they forgot to paint the room properly. When night overtook day with its army of stars, 
Jiyeon finally realized how poorly their handiwork was done. Jiyeon had tried to finish what they had started, but Jongin insisted that it was more special this way. Jongin had a way with his words and eventually Jiyeon melted under his charm.
The walls were once a happy color she was glad to look at to bring back happy memories, but not they it was a harsh and oppressive; something close to how Jiyeon was feeling.
 
Jiyeon walks down the hall littered with photographs of them. She doesn’t dare look at any of them. They brought back too many memories. Jiyeon arrives at the kitchen. The kitchen was once a favorite spot of hers, but now it collected dust as the days grew by. Jiyeon looks through the cupboard, covered in a coat of grime. She wasn’t surprised to find it was empty. She looks through the small fridge only to find old leftovers. Jiyeon was in no room to bargain.
 
While waiting for the food to finish heating, Jiyeon makes herself a cup of coffee. 
No matter how much sugar she puts in, the coffee still tasted unbearably bitter. She takes the coffee in small sips while she watches the plate of food spin slowly in the microwave. She thinks of the time when Jongin would always dance slowly to the beat with his arms around her waist. She would always rest her head on his chest. His steady heartbeat gave her strength. Now the light pitter-patter was gone, and so is whatever was left of Jiyeon.
 
The food doesn’t taste much better, but Jiyeon ate steadily, taking sips of coffee every now and then, forcing herself to swallow the food. She doesn’t quite remember her last meal, but she could tell it was much more enjoyable. Back when Jongin was still home, eating was always a new window for more memories and fun, but now it was purely for the sake of surviving. Their last meal they shared together was nice. Jiyeon clearly remembers how dim the lights were and how the candles illuminated Jongin’s face as they waited for the waiter to come. Jongin ordered a rare filet mignon to satisfy his carnivorous appetite and Jiyeon settled for a simple lobster bisque. They chatted in hushed whispers and she remembers smiling the entire night even when the feeling of betrayal gnawed at her. 
 
Jiyeon finishes off her meal with a full quarter of the food still untouched. She couldn’t find the effort to finish it. She dumps the plate along the the mug of whatever was left of the coffee into the sink. She makes a mental note to clean it later, but she knows deep down it’ll be a while until they sparkle freely without stains tainting their surface. 
 
 
Jiyeon glances at the clock on the wall. Jongin and her had picked it out one day when they walked hand in hand down the shopping district. The cute carvings of little characters and carefully painted pastel colors used to warm her heart, but now it ached more than ever. It was nearing four. It’s been almost an hour. Jiyeon never realized how long it took her to eat. 
 
The living room held many of their most precious memories, but now all it held were a white couch, a small television set, and many shelves with now useless items. She flicks the television on. She mindlessly flipped through the channels. It was a documentary on how there has been a great influx of Korean students studying abroad for performing arts. Jiyeon pauses and shifts her attention to the screen, absorbing the words it spilled. There wasn’t anything that particularly caught her interest until the words ‘Australian of Performing Arts, Film, and Television’ were spoken. It tugged at her heart. 
 
That was where Jongin was. All the way in Australia, pursuing his dream. And ultimately, leaving Jiyeon behind. 
 
It has been seven months that Jongin had left her. In the first few months, Jongin had put much effort forth into keeping contact with Jiyeon. Jongin had made sure to call at least three times a day and he would always text in between classes. He would tell her stories of his day and his classes in such great detail that Jiyeon knew his schedule almost better than she knew hers. Eventually, he became piled with projects and assignments that he just couldn’t find the time the time of day to contact Jiyeon. There were times when Jiyeon called him and he would answer. Jiyeon would visibly brighten at the sound of his voice, but she would always dampen when Jongin had told her that he was busy in hurried tones. 
 
Jongin always had a passion for dance and music. It was obvious, he was apart of all the clubs in high school and Jongin would always tell Jiyeon about with delighted eyes and excited tones of voice. Jongin even had this dancer like grace to the way he walked. He had a slight bounce in his step and it always seemed as though he walked to his own personal rhythm. When Jongin danced, Jiyeon can’t help but to fall under his trance like a sailor enraptured by a siren’s song. 
 
Jiyeon remembers the day well. Jongin had been off after going through the mail a few days before. She would see him smiling brightly to himself, but every time their gazes met, his smile would falter, and his eyes grew wary. He was battling an inner turmoil, but Jiyeon wasn’t exactly sure what is was about at the time. 
 
They sat together on the couch with Jiyeon snuggled in the crooks of Jongin’s body. They laughed along at the nonsensical comedians performing mindless acts on one another. Jiyeon always liked to relish the sound of Jongin’s laughter and she found safety from the vibrations from Jongin’s chest, but that day, it felt so different. It felt so forced and the tremors of his chest weren’t so comforting as it used to be. Jiyeon wanted so badly to ask what was wrong, but she couldn’t quite form the words she wanted to say. All she could do was laugh at the television in hopes that things will get better.
 
They didn’t. 
 
During the commercial break, Jiyeon could feel Jongin shift beneath her. She looked up at him hesitantly, not quite sure on what to do. He starts of slowly, his tone unsure.
 
“Darling, you know that dancing has always been a big passion of mine right?” 
 
Jiyeon smiles. “Of course. How could I not know that about my boyfriend?” 
 
Jongin attempts to smile back, but the results weren’t favorable. “You would want me to pursue it, don’t you?” 
 
“There’s really no reason for me not to.” Her smile falters, and Jongin’s heart drops.
 
“Would you be happy for me if I ever got the chance to chase after my dreams?” 
 
“Jongin, I’m not really sure where you’re going with this, but yes. You deserve the happiness that you’ve given me.” 
 
Jongin stays silent and his expression contorts, until it finally goes settles upon a face marred with lines of anxiety, but with a soft note of excitement. 
 
“Jiyeon, I’ve been accepted to a performing arts school.” 
 
Jiyeon’s face lights up with excitement and she attacks him with a fierce hug. She releases him and lightly slaps him on his arm. “Why didn’t you tell me before? You made me worry the entire week, because you acting so weird. I’m so proud of you!” 
 
“Jiyeon, sweetie, calm down.” Jongin’s chuckles sends shivers down her spines. 
 
“When are you starting? Is it near here? If you want, somedays I can drop by and deliver your lunches.” Jiyeon’s excitement made Jongin unbearably conflicted. 
 
“About that, the performing arts school, it’s in Australia.” 
 
The room goes silent and all that could be heard was the staged laughter of the television.
 
“What?” 
 
“It’s in Australia.” 
 
Jiyeon looks down as if to process the situation properly. 
 
“Getting into this school has been a dream of mine since forever. This is one of the best performing arts school in the world. It is a huge privilege to be accepted. Please Jiyeon, I hope you understand.” Jongin pleaded. 
 
“It’s fine. I understand. Go. Follow your dreams. Why should someone like me stop you?” Her words were hollow and detached. 
 
Jongin didn’t believe her, so she smiled brightly in return. “No, go on you deserve to be happy. Chase after your dreams.” 
 
Jongin still looked at her. 
 
Jiyeon ignored him. “When are you moving out. I can help you with everything you need, and I’ll make sure your last day will be the absolute best.” 
 
Jongin slowly begins to relax and he gathers Jiyeon into his arms. He nestles his head in the crook of Jiyeon’s neck and he inhales deeply. “Thank you so much. You don’t know how much this means to me.” 
 
Jiyeon couldn’t find the strength to say anything. All she did was his back hoping that he could tell that Jiyeon was breaking on the inside. 
 
Jongin was to move out in a few days. Jiyeon made a huge effort to be truly happy for him, but she couldn’t help but to be jealous. She hid all of it with a bright smile and loving words of support. She helped him pack. She cooked for him. They spend the last few days attached by the hips by day, and at night, the lights would dim and the clothes would fly off and skin would come into intimate contact with skin. Jiyeon tried to make the most of their remaining days, but she was still bitter on the inside. 
 
The day of Jongin’s departure left them both in tears, but Jiyeon is sure that Jongin recovered better than she ever can. 
 
The blinding white light of the television brought Jiyeon out of her reverie. The living room was much darker than she remembered it to be, so she looked at the clock. It was nearing seven. The darkened sky and hues of orange and red painted furiously across it. 
 
It was still quite early, but Jiyeon was exhausted. She made her way back to the bedroom, but she felt surprisingly light. She was almost happy, because when she’s buried under her sheets and when her eyes are closed, it’s where they meet.
 
When Jiyeon is dreaming, she meets Jongin again.
 
---
Sorry it took so long. I’ve been going through some personal problems and haven’t found the the time to write it. I know it’s not the best and probably not what you wanted and I apologize. Please comment once you've seen this.