Chapter 5

Be the Light - 빛이되어줘

You know, being woken up by being pushed off the bed is one of the BEST ways to be woken up, especially when something else heavy falls on top of you. Hear the sarcasm?

Groaning, I open my eyes to a mess of blue hair. The thing, which I discovered was a body, shifted on top of me, making us groan from the friction on our crotches.

“Come on boys. It’s not time to have on the floor. It’s 7 o’clock and your flight is at 8:30.”

‘This damn demon…’ I push Seunghyun off of me and glare at Jae Hwa. “Did you have to push us off the bed?! You always push me off to wake me up. Jerk…” I say, pouting. She ignores me and speaks to Seunghyun.

“Seunghyun, can you go wake everyone else, please? I need to talk to Daniel.” Seunghyun nods while getting up and leaving the room. We sit on the bed facing each other.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” I ask nervously.

“I was wondering, what is your relationship with Seunghyun? I know what you were doing last night. I know how you think and how you feel about him.” I just stare at her thinking about our relationship.

“I honestly don’t know. I know we are friends, but I feel a connection between us that isn’t friendship. I really like him and I think he likes me too. The way he has been acting with me proves it.”

“If you had the chance, would you date him even if you are risking both of your reputations?”

“Though this is going to sound cheesy but love knows no boundaries. Love is love. I don’t care what other people think. They can kiss my gay .” A deep voice from the door scared me.

“I’d like to kiss your gay .” Oh. My. God. The subject of our conversation was leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed, smirking.

“How long have you been there?” Jae Hwa asked.

“I’ve been here since the ‘I don’t care…’ part.”

    “You didn’t hear anything else?” I ask, slightly terrified.

    “Nope,” he responded. A wave of relief ran through my body.

    “I have a question, why did you say that about Daniel?”

    “It’s the truth. His is so round and squishy looking. It makes me want to squeeze it (a/n: am I the only one who has thought this before??? Especially Xiah’s or Junsu from 2PM’s ),” he said with a straight face. We stare at him dumbfounded. He looks at us. “What?”

    “Are you gay?” Jae Hwa and I ask simultaneously.

    “I’m bi.”

    “Seriously? I never would have guessed.” I say, slightly amazed. ‘Wait! That means I might have a chance with him!’ A small smile appears on my face at the thought. I look over at the clock to see that it was 7:20. “We should probably get dress and everything ready. We have to leave in 10 minutes,” I say.

    Jae Hwa leaves the room to make sure everyone is awake and getting ready. I go to my desk to get the outfit I had lied out. I changed into some skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with a skull on the front. I slipped on a gray cardigan, grabbed my carry-on bag, slipped my phone into my pocket, and walked into the living room.

    “Are you all ready?” Jae Hwa asks. We all nod and get up. We leave the apartment and walk to the underground parking lot. Big Bang got into their rented van while Jae Hwa and I got into her car. The car ride was very uneventful. We arrived at the airport and got everything unloaded from the vehicles. We checked in our luggage and went through security.

“I’m going to miss you Daniel. Skype me whenever you can, okay?” Jae Hwa says. I nod, not trusting my voice, and hug her. We stand like that for a couple of minutes, oblivious to everything around us. We broke apart when Seungri told us that it was time to board the plane.

I hugged Jae Hwa one last time before leaving with Big Bang. We boarded the private plane and sat in our respective seats, with Seunghyun sitting next to me. The plane takes off a couple minutes later, starting the almost 14 hour flight to our destination.

I see Seunghyun take out his phone and put in a pair of headphones. Following his actions, I also take out my phone and put on my headphones. I lean back slightly in my seat, relaxing as the melodious voices of 2AM float into my ears. My phone vibrates, signaling I got a message. I look at the screen to see that it was Seunghyun who messaged me. I glance at him quickly from the corner of my eye to see him with his head resting back on the seat. I open the message.

What is our relationship? I heard you and Jae Hwa talking this morning about it.

~Seunghyun

I stare at my phone in disbelief. He heard us? I reply back quickly, asking if he heard the whole conversation and not just the part he told us. In the corner if my eye, I see him check his phone and reply back.

I heard all of it, I just told you I didn't so I didn't get hurt for eavesdropping. Is what you said true?

~Seunghyun

I feel him staring at me, waiting for my reaction. I just nod my head to answer. His eyes leave me to go back to his phone. A couple of seconds later, my phone vibrates again.

Do you want to talk about this now or when we get to the dorm?

~Seunghyun

I stare at my phone, thinking of the pros and cons of each option. If we talk about this now, i may get emotional, but if we do talk about now, it will finally be off my chest. But if we talk about it at the dorm, we will have more privacy and we can lock the door. Then again we could go into the extra bedroom.

Do you mind going into the bedroom to talk?

~Daniel

In the corner of my, eye I see him nod. I look at him and mouth 'wait about a minute.' I get up and walk to the bedroom. About a minute later, Seunghyun walks in. We sit  in the bed in silence. Seunghyun shifts to face me.

"Is what you told Jae Hwa true?" I look up to him, nodding. I don't trust my voice enough to tell him. "Do you really like me?" I nod again. "Do really, really, really, re-"

"Yes! I really, really like you!"

"Good, that means I can do this without being rejected." I just stare at him slightly confused as he moves closer to me. One of his hands goes to my waist, pulling me even closer, and the other cups my face. His lips meet mine in a soft yet passionate battle. (Cheesy much)

I pull back,  our lips still slightly touching. "Does this mean you like me back?" I ask, nervous of the answer.

"No, i don't like you..." my heart froze in the instant.