Ch. 6: A Trap

The Host

           Another bright sunny day at the house, Nichkhun, Taecyeon, and Wooyoung spend most of their times fixing their motorcycle. Throwing wrench to each other—tightening up a few bolts—then changing the oil filter.

            Chansung walked out of the house, “Is there anything else you guys need?”

            The night drifts with everybody peacefully asleep; Kahi and Nana sharing one room while Yuri and Yoona another on the second floor of the house. It was a quiet, but this quiet soon disappear when the tables trembles. The sound of engines comes rumbling to them. Nichkhun, the first at be awake, jolt to his feet and run to the window. He sees white and chromes vehicles heading towards them as the light become bigger and bigger.

            “Wake up! They’re here!” Nichkhun exclaimed.

            His shout woke everybody from his or her sleep. The ladies rush down from the second level. Kahi’s eye immediately shoot at Nichkhun with worries..

            Kahi immediately looks at Nichkhun. “What’s going on?” She asked everybody.

            “They’re here.” Said Wooyoung.

            Seeing a big bright blue light shooting at him at a very fast speed, Nichkhun eyes flung wide open. “Take cover!” Nichkhun shouted again.

            A giant laser beam blasted at them. Nichkhun run away from the window and jump behind the couch. The rest hid behind the walls. The laser beam blast the windows into mini pieces of glasses and doors torn apart from the doorway. The light dim, Kahi peak her head out and sees Nichkhun lying unconsciously on the floor.

            “Nichkhun.” Kahi called him as he runs to him and pull him away from the center of the room.

            Seeing Kahi running to Nichkhun, pulling him aside, “Kahi!” Nana worriedly shouted.

            Nana ran to aide her. The tank fire second round of laser beam, Wooyoung quickly run to Nana and pull her away from the center of the room. Nichkhun fleet to his feet and pull Kahi aside. They crashed to the wall with Nichkhun shielding her again, nearly squishing her body with his. The front walls wreck to the ground, leaving a big open hole. Taecyeon looked over at the stairs as sees Yoona, hiding behind the stairs wall with Yuri, trap. He makes a run into the kitchen, searching for something useful, something explosive. The Hosts begin to march forward to the house. Everybody stay hidden behind the walls waiting for the Hosts to come closer. Chansung, the first to see the Hosts, quickly grabbed the host right wrist and snatch its’ cutlass. He pressed on the small button and stab the host in the throat. Wooyoung, the second the host, strike a kick upward. The host loss his possession of his gun and quickly draw his cutlass out. Wooyoung grabbed his right wrist—bend it—blow a knee kick at its’ chest, the host lost grip of his cutlass. Wooyoung quickly catches the cutlass and stab its’ heart. The host fall to the floor, Wooyoung move on to the next the host like wind. Junho, Jinwoon, and Jun.K run out to their car in the back and grabs as many laser guns as they can. Taecyeon found two fire extinguishers and throws it at them. The Host shot at the fire extinguisher. The extinguishers explode, blowing at them. A couple Hosts were by Yoona and Yuri. The ladies jump out from the side and throws kicks ad punches at the Hosts. Taecyeon rush over to aid them. Jun.K was the first to entered the house again and throw an extra gun to Taecyeon before he starts firing laser beam at the Hosts. Soon the other two entered and comes to Chansung aid.

            Behind the wall in the dark hallway, Nichkhun heard footsteps coming closer to them. He pulls Kahi into one of the room close by and hid behind the door. The Host with his gun up keeps walking and walking to the room he find suspicious of. The host stops and directs his attention to the room, slowly and steadily he steps into the room. Nichkhun waited patiently behind the doors. Seeing the host wrist, Nichkhun grabs onto the doorknob and push the Host aside, squeezing the host in between the door and the doorway. The gun drop, Kahi quickly catches it and shot at the host. The Host fall, Nichkhun let go of the doorknob. Inhaling and exhaling heavily, Nichkhun looks at Kahi before he holds her hand again and walks down the hallway together. The Hosts in the house are dead and on the ground, however, they remind behind the wall hiding from the rest of the hosts outside in the front.

            “Nichkhun!” The leader spoke loudly. “It has been a long time since I last saw you.”

            “Seunghyun.” Nichkhun voiced quivered.

            “It’s really nice to sees you again.” Seunghyun continues. “Especially with your new friends.” He smirked. “Are you going to continue to hide? Or are you going to come out and face me?”

            Taecyeon gripped on his gun tightly as he body want to come out and shoot them in the head. Yoona, hiding beside him, grabs onto his left arm and holds onto him tightly.

            “You are surrounded. There is nowhere you or your friends can go. Turn them in and I’ll let you go free.” Seunghyun offered him a deal.

            Wooyoung, from across the room, looks at Nichkhun.

            “Is he going to turn us in?” Nana whispered to Wooyoung.

            “He won’t.” Said Wooyoung confidently. “I know he won’t.

            Seunghyun looks to the man on his right, “Yong-guk.” He called him. Yong-guk stonily nodded and walks forward. Seunghyun looks to his left, “Myungsoo, capture the girl he’s with.” He ordered. Myungsoo nodded.

            The two of them walks toward the house. Woods cracking and glasses cracking echoes in Nichkhun’s ears as they come closer and closer to him. Carefully listening to their footstep, Nichkhun recognized who it was. Nichkhun handed Kahi the gun before he walks out from the hiding spot. Myungsoo and Yong-guk stop.

            “Traitor have come out of its’ hive.” Said Yong-guk with cold stares.

            “Where’s is your friend?” Myungsoo asked for Kahi. “Surrender them to us now.”

            “I will when you’re dead in my hands.” Said Nichkhun with his hands grasps tightly into rock-hard fists.

            The anger Myungsoo charges at Nichkhun, throwing fists at him. Nichkhun duck and dodge aside and swing his right left in Myungsoo stomach. Myungsoo falls back, Yong-guk dash to Nichkhun and throws a surprise punch across his face. Nichkhun retreat a couple step back. Kahi squealed and quickly covered . Yong-guk heard it and looks to his left and spotted Kahi hiding in the hallway and smirked. Nichkhun quickly tackles Yong-guk away from her. Myungsoo joined the fight, blowing kicks and punches at him.

            “Zelo. Himchan. Daesung. Taeyang. Finish the job.” Seunghyun ordered.

            The four of them marches forward. Taecyeon and Wooyoung surprise them, cutting them off from reaching Nichkhun. The rest watch while Chansung and Jun.K look out the window in the kitchen.

            “There are fifteen in the back.” Jun.K whispered to Chansung. “I and the boys brought the grenades.” He takes them out of his jacket pocket and hand Chansung a few.

            Chansung took it and looks over at Junho and Jinwoon across the room. He holds the grenade up and nodded his head at them. Junho and Jinwoon took sign and takes out their grenades. Running the windows and door, the four of them pull the plug and throws it out at the Hosts.

            “Take cover!” Chansung shouted.

            A big explosive blast the windows into pieces. Glasses come flying in the air in pieces. Yuri run to a table—flip it and hide behind it.  Taecyeon lift Daesung up and then throws him down to the floor. He quickly run to Yoona—pulls his jacket out—and covers her with his big body. Yoona closed her eyes tightly—grabbed onto his shirt as the grenades continue to explode. Seunghyun facial expression changes from calm to fierce anger. He holds his right hand up and swifts it forward lightly. An army of Host marches forward.

            “Come on!” Jun.K shouted at everybody.

            Yuri managed to get to Chansung and Jun.K. Nana is stuck behind. Looking to the side, Taecyeon sees Taeyang running to him.

            “Go.” Said Taecyeon to Yoona.

            Taecyeon sprint to Taeyang, dodge his cutlass and kick him in the chest. Daesung jump back onto his feet, draw his cutlass out—press the small button—a blade slide out. He swings the blade at Taecyeon.

            “Yoona!” Yuri shouted for her. Yoona refused to go with her and the group.

            Myungsoo finally found Kahi and attack her, reaching his deathly grips at her; he tries to grab a hold of her. Kahi lift the gun up, but snatch out of her hand and thrown aside by Myungsoo. Yoona and Nana runs over to aid her. Myungsoo duck the girls’ attack and swing his right leg fiercely at Nana upper back.

            “Ah...” Nana cried as she crashed to the wall and down to the floor filed with broken pieces of glass real hard.

            “Nana!” Kahi tried to run to her, but Myungsoo grabbed her shoulder and pull her back. Yoona blow a kick at him. Myungsoo push Kahi aside and duck.

            Wooyoung distracted by Kahi shouted for Nana. Zero took out his cutlass and slit Wooyoung diagonal across his chest. Himchan strike a kick at Wooyoung in the chest.

            “Ahh…” Wooyoung grunted in pain as he retreat a couple steps back..

            Myungsoo ducked Yoona attack again and quickly grabbed and lift her of the floor. Nana quickly gets back on her feet and threw a kick at him. Myungsoo black it with his arm—grabbed her leg—and flip her. Yuri took Chansung gun and fires at Myungsoo aggressively. A beam slit Myungsoo arm, he turn his head over Yuri and throw Yoona to the wall hard. Seeing her fatal on the ground, Taecyeon rush to her, but stop when he felt something cutting into him from his abdomen. He looks at Daesung, who had fierce cold eyes as he tries to push the blade deeper in him. Taeyang, from the back, jump up in the air and knee Taecyeon down to his knees. Yoona shook her head a couple time from blurs, she looks over at Taecyeon and sees him bleed as he looks at her. Look pass him, she sees Taeyang holding his cutlass up over him. Yoona tries to get back on her feet and come to his aid but stop by a couple hosts with their cutlass out and attacking her. Chansung shoot Taeyang at his right leg, weakening him. Then he switches to his next target, Daesung, and fires a couple times. Daesung ducks the first, but hit in the chest by the second. Jinwoon and Junho hast to them. Kahi jump and did double-spin kicks at Myungsoo. He dodges all and swings a few punches at her. She manages to void his fast attack, but missed his surprise kick in the stomach. She hit the hard wall again. Myungsoo runs up to her, take out his cutlass, and hit her in the back of her neck. He knocked her out and carries her on his right shoulder.

            “Kahi!” Nana exclaimed.  She runs up to him, but duck when a host swift its’ cutlass at her.

            Nichkhun jolt to his feet and went after Myungsoo. More Hosts come charging at the group, cutting Nichkhun off. Fighting his way to rescue Kahi, Nichkhun sees Myungsoo put Kahi in the vehicle behind Seunghyun and drives away.

            “We have to retreat!” Chansung shouted.

 

To be continue…………..