Lucky

Out of a Dream

That dinner marked the start of everything. Things just fell into place. Chanyeol would always come over in the laboratory, I'd spend time with him and his friends over at the music hall. Everything went smoothly except that we are not officially together. 'I love yous' were still left unsaid.  For me, it felt real but I am not certain of what is going on on Chanyeol's mind, moreover, his heart. What if he just loves my company? What if he just finds me a nice friend? So many questions, and yet I am afraid to break the ice. 

 

I cannot afford to break the ice. I cannot. I went all the way into enlisting into the same class with him only to lose him because I cannot contain my feels. No. But if I don't ask, how will I know. 

 

Beep.

 

Chanyeol 3:45 PM

Hey! Bakehyun and Kyungsoo left me in the hall. Could you come over? I got a new song. I want you to judge my song. I'll be waiting. :)

 

Great. Of all people, it had to be you. It had to be you who texted me. and you really had to ask me to come over when I feel that getting near you would take me into the verge of insanity because I cannot keep my feelings to myself. And I just cannot say no to you especially with that 'I'll be waiting' with a smiley at the end. How am I supposed to deal with everything?

 

Will be over in a bit. Just need to check out a few books from the library.

 

That was my stupid reply. I walked slowly from the library to the music hall, going slower and slower by the minute to prolong the agony but seeing Chanyeol is inevitable with an attraction this strong. And before I knew it I was in the music hall. Strangely, the room they usually hangout in was dark. I was stubborn, I still went inside. 

 

"Hyemi." I turned to face the direction of the voice and I saw Chanyeol in a path lit up with candles. How could I have missed that? I was shaking that very moment. Lots of things were running through my mind. A surge of emotions fill up the cavities of my heart and whole existence as I see Chanyeol at the end of the path. His beautiful brown hair brushed up. His eyes are looking directly at mine. I don't know what to feel so I just cried and cried as I came closer and closer to him. He was playing a song. I was too mesmerized to catch the rest of the song but this part really got me.. 

 

Naui cheoeumi neoraseo i norae juingongi neoraseo

Because you’re my first, because this song is about you

 

Na ireoke utjanha neoman boragu neo jigeum naman bogo inni?

I’m smiling like this, so only you can see, are you looking at me right now?

 

Naege kkumi tto saenggyeosseo deo meotjin namjaga doegesseo

I have a new dream, it’s to be one a better man
 

Nal boneun ne du nuneun geu mueotboda nal dasi ttwige mandeunikka

Because your eyes that look at me make me run once again more than anything else

 

So lucky, my love so lucky to have you
So lucky to be your love, I am hmm~

 

I stood in front of him crying. He ended the song and looked at me full of worry in his eyes. Putting his guitar down he grabbed hold of my shoulders

"Did you not like it? I could change the lyrics." he smirked.

 

"PARK CHANYEOL. I think you are too confident about yourself. Who told you I love you?" I tried acting cool.

He leaned closer to me. Looked me in the eyes. "Your heart told mine." and in one swift motion he grabbed hold of me and pressed his lips against mine. I could not help but cry and close my eyes and wish that this is not a dream. This is really happening. 

"Hey, you're still crying." and he hugged me in the tightest hug ever. "I don't want my girlfriend crying." 

"Girlfriend?" I lifted my head to look at him.

"Yes, girlfriend. Why? ?Don't you want a Park Chanyeol as your boyfriend?" and he made puppy eyes that would never fail to make me say yes.

"Of course I do." and I bury myself in his chest and wallow in happiness as he embraces me with his warm and soft hug.

 

CLAP. CLAP. CLAP.

"Bravo!"

"So this is why you drove us away with money for chicken, aye?" 

The momentum-breakers were no other than Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol's best pals.

"How come your bestfriends are not even part of this surprise?" Baekhyun said as he the lights. Kyungsoo standing there motionless. He need not say a thing because his eyes have expressed more than enough. He was glaring at Chanyeol. The two walked over to us and pushed Chanyeol aside each of them slung an arm around my shoulders. 

"Hey! Get your own girlfriends! Or boyfriends whatever, she's mine." Chanyeol grabs me back by the arm.

"Overprotective boyfriend alert!.. we were just welcoming her into the family." Baekhyun scoffs at Chanyeol.

This day had to be one of the happiest days of my life.